No announcement yet.

Done with rehab time to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit shoulders, tri's and cardio today. Been off the past 4 days getting over uri. Felt good this morning. NO work for the next 4 days so I will be getting plenty of rest.

Warm up
    treadmill 10 min
    db overhead press 2x15x35

Working sets
    db overhead press
    1x15x45
    2x10x60

I like to call these 30 degrees of burn. I super setted db front raises, lateral raises and bent over raises. Non-stop and all seated. Started off with front 1st set, lateral 2nd set and bent over third set
    3x10x15

bb shrugs
    1x15x135
    1x10x225
    3x10x315

tri warm ups
    v-bar and reverse grip push/pull downs
    1x15x40

Working sets
    decline skull crushers
    3x10x70

db kick backs
    1x10x17.5
    1x10x20
    1x10x25

Cardio was on treadmill for 20 minutes. All up hill climb at ramp 8 and speed was 3. Really worked up a nice sweat. Was winded after 8 minutes and managed to push through the rest. Finished off in the dry sauna for 5 min and the steam room for 10 more.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Yesterdays cardio session was 18 holes of golf. . Today was back and abs. It went a little something like this.

Warm up
      treadmill 10 min
      neutral grip pull downs 2x15x75

working sets
      neutral grip pull downs
      1x10x120
      1x10x150
      2x10x180

bent over bb rows...under hand grip
      3x10x185

hammer strength high pulls
      1x10x70
      2x10x90

close grip low pulls
      1x10x150
      2x10x195

abs
      1x10x40 twists

hanging oblique crunches
      2x10xbw

Hit the steam room and dry sauna afterwards to relax a bit. I found a prev. tub of PW with a little left and mixed 1 scoop in with the SuperCharge and it really got the job done. Focus was insane. Pumps were good and not overly pumped. Recovery time was improved also.

Comment

Today was chest and cardio day. Had good workout really gased on the cardio but looking forward to improving.

Warm up
        bb incline 2x20x95

working sets
        bb incline
        1x10x135
        1x10x185
        1x5x225
        1x8x185

db bench
        3x10x65

incline db flyes
        1x10x30
        2x10x35

cardio was 10 min hiit on elliptical runner followed by 5 min hill climb on treadmill. My heart rate was getting a little to tachy for my comfort zone so I switched to the treadmill. Chest workout took less than 25 minutes. I really pushed it this am.

Today I am starting to cut back the calorie intake and increase the water consumption. I really need to flush the system out over last wks hoarding of the food.

Comment

Instead of the gym this morning my 14 wk old daughter was up and I stayed home and played with her. I did not get to see her after work yesterday because I worked late and she was already asleep when I got home. Tomorrow will be back and more cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            Instead of the gym this morning my 14 wk old daughter was up and I stayed home and played with her. I did not get to see her after work yesterday because I worked late and she was already asleep when I got home. Tomorrow will be back and more cardio.
            Play time with daddy, much better than the gym.
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Late lifting tonight so its off to the gym I go.

Comment

Last nights session of back was one of the best workout I have ever had. The PW that I put in my predrink really shown its wraath.

Warm up
                lat pull downs
                2x20x75

Working sets
                1x10x120
                1x10x150
                1x10x195

bb rows
                1x10x135
                1x10x185
                1x10x225

close grip pull downs
                1x10x120
                1x10x150
                1x10x165

db rows
                1x10x80
                1x10x90
                1x10x100

bent legged deads
                1x10x185
                1x10x225
                1x10x245

Then hit the treadmill for a 25 minute climb. Felt really good after last pm's session. Today my back is sore as hades!!!! And that is an understatement! The intensity level was 10/10 and I finished the entire lifting portion in 35 minutes. Looking forward to more of these intense sessions.

Comment

Did I mention the back was sore. Well if not it is really sore. Tonights episode at teh gym was cardio and abs.

Cardio was on the treadmill on a steady uphill interval time. Intervals were determined by heart rate. I would work it up to 150's then back off to the 130's. Then jack it up again. Inclines used were levels 7-12. Most of the time was spent on 8 & 10. Time was 30 min. work and 5 min cool down.

Abs were crunches, R oblique crunches and L oblique crunches followed in succession. 2x10xbw. After 2 sets here I could really feel the abs contracting and they were starting to cramp at peak contraction so I moved on to the next exercises. Then I finished off on roman chair leg raises. While doing the leg raises I attempted to keep my back off of the back pad to simulate hanging leg raises.

It was all topped of by a 15 min. session in the steam room to relax.

Post workout shake was drank as usual. Followed by a dinner session of sushi! I am most likely going to take tomorrow off and sleep in. Till 0520 that is. L8R

Comment

My daughter woke me up at 405 this am as usual. I gave her to my wife so she could eat first breakfast. I decided to go ahead and lay back down because I was dragging arce and just did not feel like going to the gym. 430 rolled around and I was tossing and turning so I just said self get your lazy ass up and go to the gym. So, I got out of the sack and hit it. Once again I put 1 scoop PW in my preworkout shake and it is a very good thing. Hit shoulders this am.

Warm up
                    db overhead press 2x15x35

Working sets
                    db overhead press
                    1x10x50
                    2x10x60
                    1x6x70

cable reverse flyes 1st 3 sets were done at same time and last set was isolation
                    1x10x30
                    2x10x40
                    1x10x40

lateral db raises
                    1x10x20
                    1x10x25
                    1x10x30-isolation

smith machine behind the back shrugs
                    1x10x225
                    2x10x245

After these were done I had 10 min. till shower time so I hit the steam room for some relaxation. Shoulders are feeling pumped at the current moments and the doms are starting to set in. I am going to the hockey game tonight so, depending on what time I get home the odds are against a 0400 wake up call to the gym. Monday is no work day. That is reserved for a solid wheel workout. L8R

Comment

do you do the overhead presses seated or standing? what time do you go to sleep to get up at 4 or 5am?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                        do you do the overhead presses seated or standing? what time do you go to sleep to get up at 4 or 5am?!?!
                        Seated. Since I switched to the new gym they do not have the adjustable height chairs. Damn 24 hr fitness. The fixed chairs support only goes to mid/low back. So, I am forced to use use the incline bench, at its straightest position. I would rather do bb presses but rom is compromised if I use the incline bench because when I bring the bar down I tilt my head back to allow for the bar. I cannot move my head at all with the incline bench. Without being able to move my head back I feel like I am holding the bar to far out front and it places an abnormal amount of stress at the lowest point in my rom.

As far as going to sleep goes, if I am lucky 830-9 but it is more likely 930-1030. That is my biggest obstacle I am dealing with right now. I feel like I will be good for a couple of days but then after day 2 or 3, I feel worn out and really lethargic. That is why my workouts are so sporadic.

Comment

Hockey game was fun. Got home around 1100 and to bed at 1200. I was then woken up by the wife for and subsequently passed out so, no gym today. I decided to splurge on a little Chipotle burrito and now my stomach is really pissing me off. Anyway, tomorrow is a nonwork day so it will be legs in the gym.

Comment

Hit legs today. Been having some low back spasms x 3 days now so no bb squats. Here is how it went.

Warm up
                            leg press 2x20x135

working sets
                            1x10x485
                            3x8x810

smith machine front squats. Decided on these over regular bb squats for safety reasons.
                            1x10x135
                            1x10x185
                            1x8x235

leg ext
                            1x10x115
                            1x8x160 last 2 were forced reps.
                            1x8x145

seated hamstring curls
                            1x20x70
                            1x10x115
                            1x10x160
                            2x10x205

seated calf raises
                            1x15x45
                            1x10x90
                            2x10x135

standing calf raises
                            2x10x120

Started off with leg press today. Reps were done at a slower pace than normal for a better mind/muscle connectio Went on to smith machine front squats and really burned em up something fierce. Then went to leg ext. to finish off the burn. Quads felt nice and pumped and tight. Then moved on to hammies. Seated curls were also done at a slower than normal pace so I could really feel the muscle working. Finsihed off on calves. By the time I was done with calves that over all feeling of nausea really hit hard so, I know I had a solid workout. Now this is were it really gets good. Today was my daughters jingle bell fun run. I did not know about this prior to the leg work. So, 3 hours after blasting the legs. I went to her school and attemped to run a mile. This was very funny. After about 1/3 way through I had to stop. Yes, sad I know. The wheels were burning and so pumped I could hardly walk straight. Right now the DOMS are setting in hard. L8R

Comment

Had 40 minutes to hit this am so I hit chest. Had good workout. Legs are still sore but that is to be expected. Wish I had some GFH. It really helped out with DOMS.

Warm up
                              bb bench 2x15x135

working sets
                              1x10x185
                              1x8x225
                              1x6x245
                              1x4x265

db incline
                              1x10x60
                              2x10x70

decline hammer strength
                              1x10x70
                              2x10x95

cable cross overs one arm isolation
                              2x10x20

abs
                              weighted crunches
                              3x12x120

Good workout overall. Dragging a little this am due to lack of sleep last pm. Tomorrow is back and cardio.

Comment

No work work today so, I was able to sleep in until the baby woke me up at 5. Hit the protein shake then took preworkout drink and headed to the gym at around 545. Hit back and abs today.

Warm up
                                10 min treadmill
                                lat pulldowns shoulder width grip 2x20x75

working sets
                                lat pulldowns shoulder width grip
                                1x12x135
                                1x10x165
                                1x10x195

low pulls with straight bar
                                1x10x165
                                1x10x195
                                1x10x210

hammer strength close grip rows
                                1x10x90
                                1x10x115
                                1x10x125

close reverse grip pull downs hammer strength
                                3x8x80

abs
                                oblique crunches
                                2x15xbw

decline twists
                                2x15xbw
                                last set was followed by 1x15xbw crunches

Intensity was low this am. Not sure why. Slept about 7 hrs last pm. Diet as of lately has been piss poor. I need to clean it up. Just trying to make it through the holidays in one piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X