No announcement yet.

Done with rehab time to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit cardio yesterday afternoon. 25 min on stairmaster followed by 20 minutes on treadmill. Stairmaster cont. to kick my ass. I sweat like a whore in church. The treadmill was all up hill as usual incline mostly 15 for about 15 minutes and speed was 3.5.

I slept in today and am feeling exausted. Thinking about sleeping in tomorrow to but I may wake up and just do some cardio. Will see how i am feeling tomorrow am.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• Hit tri's and cardio today.

Warm up
      v-bar push downs 1x15x40
      reverse grip v-bar push downs 1x15x40
      straight bar push downs 2x15x40

working sets
      straight bar push downs
      1x10x80
      1x10x90
      1x10x100

skull crushers ez bar
      3x10x70

reverse grip cable push downs
      2x10x40
      1x10x50

rope push downs
      1x20x50
      straight bar push downs
      1x20x50

Cardio was 30 min on treadmill incline 15. Speed 3.5 x 20 min and 4.0 for 10 minutes. Finished off with a nice stretching period. Legs were tighter than usual so I spent a little extra time on them. Tomorrow is wheel day. Gotta get ready to do it.

Comment

• Today was absolutely horrible. I woke up at 0200 and tossed and turned every 10 minutes until it was time to go to the gym. I said to myself, If I can't sleep then I might as well go to the gym. So, I hit 10 min on the treadmill, did some light leg press, were I noticed a strain in my L thigh. So, I moved on to some leg curls did a couple of sets. Then hit the treadmill again for some 10 min cardio. I had no energy, no focus and no desire today. So, I took the rest of the time and did a thorough stretch and some decline sit ups. Hopefully I'll get some real sleep tonight and hit chest in the am and wheels on Saturday. Not a happy camper.

Now on the good side of the news...I weighed in at 249. Down from 271 on 1/5/09. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          Today was absolutely horrible. I woke up at 0200 and tossed and turned every 10 minutes until it was time to go to the gym. I said to myself, If I can't sleep then I might as well go to the gym. So, I hit 10 min on the treadmill, did some light leg press, were I noticed a strain in my L thigh. So, I moved on to some leg curls did a couple of sets. Then hit the treadmill again for some 10 min cardio. I had no energy, no focus and no desire today. So, I took the rest of the time and did a thorough stretch and some decline sit ups. Hopefully I'll get some real sleep tonight and hit chest in the am and wheels on Saturday. Not a happy camper.

Now on the good side of the news...I weighed in at 249. Down from 271 on 1/5/09. That is all.
          Holy moly!! Nice job. Hopefully, you'll have some sweet dreams tonight.
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• congrats on weight loss in 09! the year is still fresh tooo!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
              congrats on weight loss in 09! the year is still fresh tooo!!!
              Thanks bro. Had an awesome chest workout today.

Warm up
              db bench
              1x15x35
              1x15x40

working sets
              db bench
              1x10x80
              1x10x90
              1x6x110
              1x6x110 + 2 forced forced reps for total of 8

db incline
              4x8x70

hammer strength decline
              1x10x70
              2x10x90

cable crossovers
              1x10x50
              2x10x50

Overall solid workout. Intensity was up and so were some of the lifts. I popped a benadryl last pm and slept from 2100-0345. Felt nice and refreshed. No work this weekend so I get to sleep in till at least 7am!!

Comment

• Sorry bro's. No gym today. A friend at work invited me for some golf and I said oh hell yeah. Gotta little sun burn to go with it. Had fun. My game sucked. Oh well.

Comment

• do you do alot of russian twist type movements? help with that schwaainggg

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                    do you do alot of russian twist type movements? help with that schwaainggg
                    Give me a link to the exercise and I'll check it out.

Hit back this am. No cardio due to feet in bad condition. Looking for another pair of Asics but I have not been able to find a pair in my size.

Warm up
                    wide grip pull downs
                    2x15x70
                    tbar row
                    1x15x45x90

working sets
                    t-bar row
                    1x10x135
                    3x10x180

wide grip pull downs
                    1x10x150
                    2x10x180-last set had to swing the final couple to get the squeeze in

cable high pulls
                    1x10x165
                    1x10x195
                    1x10x240

narrow grip reverse grip hammer strength pull downs
                    3x10x80 each side

pull overs using lat bar
                    3x10x90

low back rows on cables
                    3x10x180

back feels nice and swole. I am still feeling a little dehydrated from this weekend. Diet was horrible this weekend too. I am back on track and refocused this week.

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_twist

no pics, but you basically hold something and spin it as far L in the torso to as far R in the torso as possible --- typically people sit in a situp position with a medicine ball and spin back and forth touching the ground on each side of them

It's very similiar to a golf swing... woodchops/sledgehammer workouts would be good too..

i might be moving out to a plac with a yard soon.. if so, im going to hopefully get a massive tire and sledgehammer, and crank it out! not too mention a ton of other outside training equipment =)

Comment

• Thanks JD for the link. Today was supposed to be wheel day. For the last 2-3 wks I have been having a problem with my hip flexor. Everytime I go below 1/3-1/2 way down I get a sharp/burning sensation to my left lateral hip and thigh. It is getting better but really starting to piss me off. Get the picture.

Warm up
                        treadmill 10 minutes
                        leg ext 2x15x70
                        seated leg curls 2x15x70

squats
                        1x5x135 - it started off here on rep number 1 and with each rep the discomfort got worse. I decided to move on to leg press.
                        leg press.
                        3x15x360 only doing 1/4 rom. Anything past that the pain increases.
                        2x15x540 same as above.

leg ext.
                        3x15x160
                        Now on the leg press it was not present were as last week it was. This is some sign of relief.

lying leg curls
                        1x15x110
                        3x15x125

seated leg curls
                        3x10x160

No discomfort at all on leg curls.

Hip abductor
                        1x10x105
                        1x10x160
                        1x10x205

seated calf rotator for warm up
                        2x15x90

leg press calf raises
                        4x10x360

seated calf raises
                        3x10x115

Cool down was an additional 10 min on treadmill. Followed by a 15 minute lower body stretch from hades. I really stretched the heck out of the ole wheels today. Hopefully this will increase healing time.

Comment

• Hit some cardio this evening. Did 25 minutes on stairmaster and 10 minutes on treadmill. I need to get me some new kicks and can only tolerate 10 min. on the treadmill. Academy x 4 locations was out of the Asics in my size so off to another store.

Comment

• Hit shoulder, abs and cardio this am. I felt really gassed today during the weight session. Don't really know why.

Warm up
                            10 min treadmill
                            seated db press 2x15x35

working sets
                            db overhead press
                            4x10x60

lat raises
                            1x10x25
                            2x10x35

cable front raises
                            3x10x17.5-These felt really heavy today for some reason.

db rear delt raises
                            1x10x25
                            2x10x32.5

bb upright rows
                            1x10x95
                            2x10x105

seated hammer strength shrugs
                            3x10x315

smith machine behind the back shrugs
                            1x10x135
                            1x10x225
                            2x10x275

crunches
                            4x25xbw

Cardio was 20 minutes on the stair master. I wanted to quit after 8 minutes but sucked it up and finished. By the time I was done with this I was soaked and spent. Ran outta protein powder yesterday so my post drink was ABB Mass Recovery. Tasted good and really enjoyed the change.

Comment

• Greetings all. Took yesterday off and the day before that was arms day. Had good solid workout. Today did light cardio. I really need to refocus and get back on track. The last couple of days have been busy and very stressfull. Things have got to improve.

Comment

• Hit chest this am. Intensity was low due to only 4 hrs of sleep.

Warm up
                                bb incline 2x15x135

working sets
                                bb incline
                                1x10x175
                                1x10x185
                                1x8x205
                                1x7x225

db bench
                                3x10x70
                                1x8x70

incline db flys
                                1x10x30
                                1x10x35
                                1x10x40
                                1x10x45

cable cross overs
                                2x10x50
                                2x10x60

Going to hit cardio this pm. On the lighter side of the news I am now down to 247.

Comment

Working...
                                X