Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegetative Patients may still be able to understand.. read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetative Patients may still be able to understand.. read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5320234.stm

So, if the article holds true and that even patients in vegetative states still have the ability to understand and process, but not to respond, does that change the way we should respond medically?

I realize this is a political/medical/debate type question, but I just found it very interesting..

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5320234.stm

So, if the article holds true and that even patients in vegetative states still have the ability to understand and process, but not to respond, does that change the way we should respond medically?

I realize this is a political/medical/debate type question, but I just found it very interesting..

SCT
    yes, this could have far reachng implications. also, you wont be able to "pull the plug"
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
      yes, this could have far reachng implications. also, you wont be able to "pull the plug"
      That is exactly what I think, there is a direct coorelation with the # of patients on life support and the cost of healthcare. So I'm sure the issues of economics vs morals are going to be hitting the fans again shortly.

SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

I'm interested in what their criteria for a vegetative state are . . . I'm assuming it does not mean brain dead.
        Personally I have no interest in being a permanent vegetable. That's why it pays to have a living will indicating your wishes and let your loved ones know.
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Working...
        X