1 scoop protein 114 27 0 0.4
    250ml apple juice 103 0 27.5 0

250ml apple juice 103 0 27.5 0

200g chicken 220 39 0 7
    2 cups veggies 145 13 13 1

TOTAL cals 3333 pro 352.5 carbs 330.1 fat 48.6

sorry the table isnt set out nicely its copy pasted.

im not sure if its too much?? Right now im having around 4000cals on weekdays.

Also im thinking about 30minute cardio sessions three times a week in the AM before work and then weights in the PM. Most likely...Cardio - Mon, Wed, Fri. weights Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. On the cardio+weights days its not big muscles.. hams + shoulders on monday, back tuesday, quads+chest thursday, arms on friday. Or just cardio twice a week. im really not sure but i dont do cardio at gym..only social sports and stuff once a week. (indoor soccer).

thanks for any advice given. Summer is in 12 weeks
    Last edited by dee213; 09-02-2006, 12:39 PM.

Originally posted by dee213
    this is wat it looks like...
    A few things.

Why the back to back apple juice/protein meals?

And why not some nice casein type protein near bed (ie cottage cheese or even casein protein) with some fats to slow digestion?

Aside from that it looks great man.. I'm a fan of more cardio on a cut, but if you can pull it of without the cardio.. well.. then.. I hate you
    Back to the basics!

Comment

the back to back apple juice/protein is pre and post workout. i did have oats+protein pre workout but calories increase too much. what should i do instead of the back to back apple juice?

cardio... u reckon its not so necessary? This is my first cut so yeh...wanna do it right and not lose any muscle. I also have a fat burner "Dymatize Liquid Amp'd" which has been sitting here for a while..not sure when i should start using that? Dont wanna get "small" from it but at the same time this is a 12 week cutting phase.

Comment

the back to back apple juice/protein is pre and post workout. i did have oats+protein pre workout but calories increase too much. what should i do instead of the back to back apple juice?

cardio... u reckon its not so necessary? This is my first cut so yeh...wanna do it right and not lose any muscle. I also have a fat burner "Dymatize Liquid Amp'd" which has been sitting here for a while..not sure when i should start using that? Dont wanna get "small" from it but at the same time this is a 12 week cutting phase.
        I personally think cardio is VERY neccesary for most people when on a cut. I personally do cardio 5 days per week while on most cuts. It helps me in reducing post workout soreness as well as burning extra calories.. and in turn you get to eat some more

I think I'd rather see some either oats and protein over the apple juice personally. As far as the apple juice plus protein after the workout, unless you are doing like omg extreme intense workouts I personally again don't really see the need for high gi carbs. I'd do some reading up on Halleyuah's pre/during/post cho threads over on bb.com, might give you some insight there.

As far as the fat burner, I'd give yourself a couple of weeks to baseline to the new cals before adding in any new supplements, but certainly continue using what you have been previously (minus any like gainers, lol)... Doing this right in 12 weeks you could manage to not 'get small' but lean out nicely and preserve the existing mass that you have.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

thanks for the fast reply. So i'll do cardio twice a week then...and then 6 weeks into it change it to 3 times a week..hmm. never done cardio only workouts b4! each would only be 30mins tho. Should they be high intensity or low? My weight training IS "omg extreme intense workouts"...i dont muck around. What did u think of cardio morning, weight trainng evening? Dont wanna over stress the body or anything! no overtraining over here.

i'll go back to the 1 cup oats+protein pre workout...or maybe make it 1/2 cup, coz 1 cup oats+protein = 1000 calories.

i'll take the fat burner 4-6 weeks into the cutting phase.

wat kind of cardio routine should i be doing (keeping in mind i wanna keep most of my daily energy for extreme heavy lifting in the PM but also have the main goal or getting RIPPED).

Comment

thanks for the fast reply. So i'll do cardio twice a week then...and then 6 weeks into it change it to 3 times a week..hmm. never done cardio only workouts b4! each would only be 30mins tho. Should they be high intensity or low? My weight training IS "omg extreme intense workouts"...i dont muck around. What did u think of cardio morning, weight trainng evening? Dont wanna over stress the body or anything! no overtraining over here.

i'll go back to the 1 cup oats+protein pre workout...or maybe make it 1/2 cup, coz 1 cup oats+protein = 1000 calories.

i'll take the fat burner 4-6 weeks into the cutting phase.

wat kind of cardio routine should i be doing (keeping in mind i wanna keep most of my daily energy for extreme heavy lifting in the PM but also have the main goal or getting RIPPED).
            You could do some fasted cardio w/ eaa supplementation, which has worked well for myself and quite a few others on a cut. You could also go with some lower intensity cardio post-workout which can help to reduce DOMs.. for the 'ideal' scenario I like 30 or so minutes of mid-intensity fasted (eaa or bcaa only) cardio in the morning upon waking, followed by meal one. That way when you get to lift it is much later in the day and you have full energy to pound it out with the iron.

Josh
            Back to the basics!

Comment

good luck with the cut dee! Are you taking in fish oils/efas as well?

Comment

thanks stc..i'll do the cardio b4 meal 1 thing. 30 mins of cardio, i wonder wat exercises i should do. im thinking skipping somewhere down the line.

AB... nah im not taking fish oils/efas. should i? lol..never have. add me on msn...help a brother out. big_dee-@hotmail.com

Comment

I would add some efa/fish oil, great for the skin, health, joints, and many others.

Comment

thanks stc..i'll do the cardio b4 meal 1 thing. 30 mins of cardio, i wonder wat exercises i should do. im thinking skipping somewhere down the line.

AB... nah im not taking fish oils/efas. should i? lol..never have. add me on msn...help a brother out. big_dee-@hotmail.com
                    hey I think you're on it already, I'll chat to ya when I can, just gotta get an assignment out of the road

Comment

Working...
                    X