BLACK HOLE REVIEW by CMINN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery Drink

I invested a homemade recovery drink. With Gatorade you have to drink way too much to get the required simple sugar you need. You're left without enough sugar or a full stomach that doesn't want you to pour another 50 grams of protein into it. So here's what I did.

1 can Frozen Grape Concentrate
    1 can Frozen Cranberry Concentrate
    16 oz. Black Cherry Juice
    1 cup sugar
    2 teaspoon salt.
    48 oz Water

Combine the salt, sugar and water and boil for about 5 minutes until the water is clear. Add all the juice. Chill.

Fill you 20oz Gatorade bottle up. Its 75 grams of sugar and about 425+ calories.

I'm going to try different combinations of Frozen Concentrates. Probably white grape so the flavor isn't so strong. By the way the black cherry is in there because according to this month's FLEX black cherry aids in muscle recovery.

Comment

that looks like a great recovery drink tell me if you feel it working, as for the log gj iam on day 20 of BH and loving it, keep up the good work and lifts
      Black Hole Review
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1309

Comment

Food schedule

I just updated my meal plan. It's more than 4,800 calories a day. Only 29 grams of saturated fat. 124 grams of sugar, 75 of which are used for the post workout recovery drink.

To put it in perspective I eat all this and am still hungry, often within a 1/2 of eating.

The big change I made from my old diet to accommodate this one was simply to drink milk instead of water. This brings an extra 1000 calories to the table each day.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice updates !

Comment

Originally posted by CMINN
            I'm staying hungry. More so than the last few days. As I mentioned I seem to be loosing fat while gaining weight. I'll be posting a chart in a few days when I have more data and a better trend.

I have gotten a little stronger. I hit 16 on my 225 bench which is up from 15 last week. Still not the all time best but 1 more is good.

Attached is a photo from last week and this week side by side. Obviously in week there will not be a lot of changes, light and they way I held the pose are also variables. But overall I think you can see more definition. What do you think?
            That is some nice changes in one week! you cna see more definition. Congrats!

Comment

Update Day 18

I've got enough data to start seeing a trend in body fat. It's going up. Based on the current trend line if I continue, by this time next month I would have gained a full 1% body fat or 2.25 pounds of fat.

I started at 224 today I weigh 224.8. I also started at 16.4% and today measure 16%. What has messed with the average trend line is that after a few days of taking BLACK HOLE I began loosing lots of fat!

WHY? I think the extra food kicked up my metabloism. For a few days my metabolism was going nuts trying to burn the extra calories and was succeeding. After a couple weeks of the thngs started to level out.

MY PLAN
              Trick the metabolism again. The August addition of FLEX on page 143 mentioned uping your simple sugar for a day. Consequently your metablosim cranks up. The next day or so, reduce the calories. Today I'll load up on sugar. Tomorrow I'm going hiking so I now my caloric intake will be reduced, I'll do the same Sunday. The results should be a reduction in Body fat. We'll see if it works.

Comment

What's Up At The Gym

If you been following, I've used 2 exercises as a measurement of gains. These are the number of reps on the bench at 225 and the dead lift.

In the first week I could bench 225 for 15. Last week I got 16. THIS WEEK IT JUMPED TO 18!

The first week of Dead Lifts I hit 565. Last week it was 575. THIS WEEK IT WAS 585. 12 plates, a 20 pound jump in 2 weeks.

Attached is a pic comparing DAY 1 with DAY 18, data and a graph of the cycles body fat.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice job on the increases for bench and deads! Your St Bernard is huge!

Comment

Update

Remember the plan to kick up the metabolism using sugar? It seems to have worked. The 15th I ate tons of sugar. 16th bodyfat was of course normal the 16th it had dropped 1.7% and it dropped 17th 1.9%.

Today is the first day it started coming back up. I'm going to eat a bunch of sugar again tomorrow and see what happens. It might be that a week is to long to wait and the high sugar diet should be every 5th day.

Attached is my charts. You can see the body fat trend has changed. Body weight is still always hanging between 224 and 226.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome detail !!!

Comment

Final Review

Having completed my 30 day review, I have made the following observations.

Starting Weight: 224 8/28/06
                        Highest Weight: 227.2 9/23/06

Body Fat 8.28/06 16.4%
                        Body Fat 9/23/06 14.7%

Net Gain: 3.6 pounds

The last week of the test I started a intense physical project that screwed up all my numbers, that's why I don't include the last few days.

Black Hole works. It makes you hungry. Your first thought is that it could make you fat, however it makes you hungry for anything. This means that eating all that chicken breast and eggs becomes a whole lot easier.

Black Hole is an excellent tool for playing motabolizm games by increasing your appetite on specific days or for specific times. It should also become a "must have" for stacking with any testosterone supplement such as Phera-Plex or Halodrol.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great log and thanks for the review love the detailed charts glad you liked black hole
                          MY GREEN MAG LOG
                          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Originally posted by CMINN
                            Having completed my 30 day review, I have made the following observations.

Starting Weight: 224 8/28/06
                            Highest Weight: 227.2 9/23/06

Body Fat 8.28/06 16.4%
                            Body Fat 9/23/06 14.7%

Net Gain: 3.6 pounds

The last week of the test I started a intense physical project that screwed up all my numbers, that's why I don't include the last few days.

Black Hole works. It makes you hungry. Your first thought is that it could make you fat, however it makes you hungry for anything. This means that eating all that chicken breast and eggs becomes a whole lot easier.

Black Hole is an excellent tool for playing motabolizm games by increasing your appetite on specific days or for specific times. It should also become a "must have" for stacking with any testosterone supplement such as Phera-Plex or Halodrol.
                            Awesome.. thanks for the feedback !

Comment

Working...
                            X