ALCAR Dosing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilkev42
    So it seems the consensus is around 2-3g a day 2-3 times. But since its a bulk powder taste usually is awful, so what do you all mix it with. Will a protein shake mask it, or is a gatorade, oj or crystal light recommended?
    I cap mine and take 2.5g 3x a day.

Comment

I found out I was out of capped ALCAR so I did the pour and chase method, man that is some bitter stuff! Reminded me of pure citric acid!

Comment

lol, capping isnt that bad. i capped 100 ALCAR with no tamper in under 30mins. i was using a pen cap to push the powder down. regardless; i now have a tamper.

Comment

Nope capping isn't bad at all, just forgot I was out (will cap more tonight) so did it that way. The after taste isn't too bad and goes away pretty fast, just the initial taste is quite a shocker.

Edit: Just and FYI, if you ever need to take straight ALCAR mix it with some lemonade crystal light. It makes it easier to go down.
          Last edited by ddawg91; 05-24-2006, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I think I will just keep it as a bulk powder as I can see myself screwing up the capping, even though people say its not too tough. I am getting ready for a big bulk order for the summer, and it looks like Ill buy some crystal light, just incase I cannot stand the powder. I usually do not have problems with the taste, I think I have a pretty strong stomach but some days lemonade will taste 100000 times better.

Comment

Originally posted by lilkev42
              Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I think I will just keep it as a bulk powder as I can see myself screwing up the capping, even though people say its not too tough. I am getting ready for a big bulk order for the summer, and it looks like Ill buy some crystal light, just incase I cannot stand the powder. I usually do not have problems with the taste, I think I have a pretty strong stomach but some days lemonade will taste 100000 times better.
              The taste goes away pretty fast and is just major intense bitter. I sip it with my POW pre workout so that is why I added the lemonade. As far as capping goes, you would be supprised at how easy it is.

Comment

when you cap it, how many caps do you take per serving?

i had been taking 1 normally and 2 preworkout, all with r-ala or k-r-ala..

im thinking of upping it to 2 normally and 3 preworkout.. idk what dose is in a cap/serving, but i just tampered 200 of em so they should be closer to the 750 mg i think a OO cap holds...

this is 400 total ive capped, and I still have tons of bulk powder left, lol..

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  when you cap it, how many caps do you take per serving?

i had been taking 1 normally and 2 preworkout, all with r-ala or k-r-ala..

im thinking of upping it to 2 normally and 3 preworkout.. idk what dose is in a cap/serving, but i just tampered 200 of em so they should be closer to the 750 mg i think a OO cap holds...

this is 400 total ive capped, and I still have tons of bulk powder left, lol..
                  I usually take 3 for 2g before meals and 3 caps preworkout. I average 750 but have gotten 900g.

Comment

interesting..tanks for the reply..

ima gradually increase it i think.. do 2 normally 3 preworkout the next few weeks, than bump it up to 3normally and 4 preworkout after that for a few weeks..

i like to make changes everynow and than so the bodys always guessing and never accustomed to things

Comment

Working...
                    X