high Gi carbs vs. bcaa/eaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
    bcaa's and protein alone create enough of an insulin spike for nutrient shuttling, which makes the high gi carbs post less useful.
    Bingo... a sustained insulin response vs. spike

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Bingo... a sustained insulin response vs. spike
      ^^ I learned from the best! Our old conversations about postworkout supplementation was one of the first thing that got me interested in supplements. Ah the olden days!
      Back to the basics!

Comment

so basically, so long as you get your AAs in and your protein during and after your workout, carbs of any source is not really needed, right?

if that is the case, when should the next meal be.. asap? or 30min, or an hour later?

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
          so basically, so long as you get your AAs in and your protein during and after your workout, carbs of any source is not really needed, right?
          That's a loaded question and in bold above is why...

As usual it all comes back to the big picture. From a digestion standpoint for example, carbs pre / during / post may not be optimal BUT IF they give you even a small increase in energy / strength they are obviously worth it and I would just experiment with dosage 40g may be overkill and 10g may not be enough... or you may want a different dosage when cutting vs. bulking.

Now let's say you add Purple WRAATH into the picture (those that can afford it) now you have a optimal source for both energy and free form aminos for recovery (and timing is key here), this addition changes everything...

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            That's a loaded question and in bold above is why...

As usual it all comes back to the big picture. From a digestion standpoint for example, carbs pre / during / post may not be optimal BUT IF they give you even a small increase in energy / strength they are obviously worth it and I would just experiment with dosage 40g may be overkill and 10g may not be enough... or you may want a different dosage when cutting vs. bulking.

Now let's say you add Purple WRAATH into the picture (those that can afford it) now you have a optimal source for both energy and free form aminos for recovery (and timing is key here), this addition changes everything...
            It's a real bitch when dicussing things that you cannot get straight answers about, and the if and buts and variables... all this thinking. What happend to the days when you could just be a meathead?

Comment

Working...
            X