Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about adding CLA and Sesamin to my cutting stack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about adding CLA and Sesamin to my cutting stack.

Anyone here supplement with either and get any noticable results?

oh, and thanks for discontinueing SG guise

Originally posted by adrian andras
    Anyone here supplement with either and get any noticable results?

oh, and thanks for discontinueing SG guise
    I am currently taking Max CLA and am enjoying my results. I cannot say that it is due to the CLA though as I am doing a few things different with my contest prep.
    **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
    http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
    http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

sesamin on sale at wheycheap.com -- just got 3 botles of SAN for 42$ shipped

Comment

Not a fan of CLA myself.
        kane@controlledlabs.com
        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
        www.controlledlabs.com
        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

SG is an awesome product. I have a bottle and i'm going to buy another when it will be out of pills.

I have a god skin, LOL.

Comment

I know this is way late...but CLA=utterly useless for bb purposes.

I'll post WHY if wanted, but it's true..
            Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Comment

Originally posted by dbish77
              I know this is way late...but CLA=utterly useless for bb purposes.

I'll post WHY if wanted, but it's true..
              If it's not an inconvenience, do post.

Comment

I believe you have to post an explanation wh en you make a remark like that..

Comment

Ok, I'll research it AGAIN tonight, but back a few years ago when I was into learning the effectiveness/efficiancy of EVERYTHING I could...I remember that there were positive studies, but those were only done at UW-Madison, and all others that were effective were done on animals...and there was a HUGE discrepancy between the effectiveness on animals and humans in all the studies outside of the UW studies. I just remember putting CLA in the "generally useless/not worth the cost" list...I'll give some concrete evidence soon.
                  Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Comment

Here's one, I'll get more...

1: Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007 Jun;32(3):372-82.Click here to read Links
                    Conjugated linoleic acid increases skeletal muscle ceramide content and decreases insulin sensitivity in overweight, non-diabetic humans.
                    Thrush AB, Chabowski A, Heigenhauser GJ, McBride BW, Or-Rashid M, Dyck DJ.

Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1, Canada. athrush@uoguelph.ca

The effect of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a popular weight-loss supplement, on insulin sensitivity in humans is controversial and has not been extensively studied. To date no studies have examined the effects of CLA supplementation on human skeletal muscle metabolism or lipid content. It is also unknown whether CLA accumulates in human skeletal muscle with supplementation. In the present study, 9 overweight, non-diabetic individuals received 4 g/d of mixed CLA isomers in the form of 1 g supplements, for 12 weeks. CLA isomers significantly increased in both plasma and skeletal muscle following supplementation. Skeletal muscle ceramide content was also significantly increased, although there was no consistent change in muscle diacylglycerol or triacylglycerol content. Insulin sensitivity was significantly decreased (p

Comment

BACKGROUND: Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is marketed as a safe, simple, and effective dietary supplement to promote the loss of body fat and weight. However, most previous studies have been of short duration and inconclusive, and some recent studies have questioned the safety of long-term supplementation with CLA. OBJECTIVE: Our aim was to assess the effect of 1-y supplementation with CLA (3.4 g/d) on body weight and body fat regain in moderately obese people. DESIGN: One hundred twenty-two obese healthy subjects with a body mass index (in kg/m2) > 28 underwent an 8-wk dietary run-in with energy restriction (3300-4200 kJ/d). One hundred one subjects who lost >8% of their initial body weight were subsequently randomly assigned to a 1-y double-blind CLA (3.4 g/d; n = 51) or placebo (olive oil; n = 50) supplementation regime in combination with a modest hypocaloric diet of -1250 kJ/d. The effects of treatment on body composition and safety were assessed with the use of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and with blood samples and the incidence of adverse events, respectively. RESULTS: After 1 y, no significant difference in body weight or body fat regain was observed between the treatments. The CLA group (n = 40) regained a mean (+/-SD) 4.0 +/- 5.6 kg body weight and 2.1 +/- 5.0 kg fat mass compared with a regain of 4.0 +/- 5.0 kg body weight and 2.7 +/- 4.9 kg fat mass in the placebo group (n = 43). No significant differences in reported adverse effects or indexes of insulin resistance were observed, but a significant increase in the number of leukocytes was observed with CLA supplementation. CONCLUSION: A 3.4-g daily CLA supplementation for 1 y does not prevent weight or fat mass regain in a healthy obese population.

Comment

Originally posted by dbish77 View Post
                        CONCLUSION: A 3.4-g daily CLA supplementation for 1 y does not prevent weight or fat mass regain in a healthy obese population.

there is such a thing as "healthy obese"?

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          there is such a thing as "healthy obese"?
                          ie non-diabetic...the arguement against earlier negative CLA studies was they were on diabetics.

Comment

so a non-diabetic obese individual is healthy?

Comment

as far as they are concerned...and there are no apparent health problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X