Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I gain too much weight if I were to take GM and Muscle Milk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I gain too much weight if I were to take GM and Muscle Milk?

Hello,

I just purchased green mag and take muscle milk before bed. I am aware of the water retention caused by creatine. I am worried that muscle milk with creatine will be too much added weight and am thinking of stopping muscle milk? I plan on continuing to use whey protein post workout. What do you think?
    Last edited by Gillyh; 08-18-2008, 10:27 PM.

I think you should use both.

It's recommended to take protein drink while on CL stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JPetitclerc
      I think you should use both.

It's recommended to take protein drink while on CL stuff.
      I forgot to mention that I will continue to use ON Whey while on Green Mag. Does that change your mind or no? I don't want to gain too much weight because I am training to run.

Comment

I personally get very little water retention while taking GM, so no need to worry there.
        With putting on weight in regards to muscle milk and whey, its more the overall picture of your diet that matters. ie. if you are in a calorie surplus you will start to gain weight, calorie deficit you will lose weight.

Muscle milk will have more calories than ON whey but if it fits into your daily macros it really doesn't matter which one you choose to use.

so basically.. its all about the diet

Comment

You should buy casein protein (ultra peptide 2.0 I like) for before bed and drink muscle milk at other times of the day (first thing in morning, pre/post workout, or just randomly)

Comment

green magnitude wont cause any bloat
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Originally posted by jdiritto
              You should buy casein protein (ultra peptide 2.0 I like) for before bed and drink muscle milk at other times of the day (first thing in morning, pre/post workout, or just randomly)
              Well Muscle Milk has casein protein in it along with other goodies. I only take muscle milk before bed and have seen good results as it advertises.

Comment

If the mm is working for you I would continue to use it. The GM will not bloat you, that's one of the best things about it...besides the taste.
                laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I take muscle milk as well just to try to maintain as much weight as possible, my metabolism is through the roof though.

Comment

I was just saying, muscle milk is a good quality protein with some casein yes, but a more straight up casein shake would be best before bed (may also pack less calories/carbs depending on the type you get)

I love me some muscle milk. nutraplanet had a deal for the small tubs at 20$ each, which was like 5$ off the 5lb tub price for the same amount of powder, but you could but all the randomweird flavors.. and yes, i got like 12 of them. haha

Comment

Working...
                    X