Working out twice a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out twice a day?

It's almost over... summer quarter that is. I finally have time to allocate my resources to training, and I've been looking forward to it all summer (shitty classes right before I graduate).

Before I was doing a normal 5 day routine with two body parts a day. But I have been toying with the idea of going to the gym twice a day in some form of Hypertrophy routine. I have the time and willpower to do this, so I figured it may break the little plateau Ive fallen into and accelerate some of my gains. Here was my main research point http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1600922

I am thinking about trying out a heavy/light protocol but in the same day. So something like this :
    Monday AM: Chest/Back (12x4)
    Monday PM: Chest/Back (4x12)

Tuesday AM: Hip-Dominant Legs/Shoulders (12x4)
    Tuesday PM: Hip-Dominant Legs/Shoulders (4x12)

Thursday AM: Arms (12x4)
    Thursday PM: Arms (4x12)

Friday AM: Quad-Dominant Legs/Calves (12x4)
    Friday PM: Quad-Dominant Legs/Calves (4x12)

Since this is pretty demanding I would only follow this for 2 weeks or so and then switch it up. Supplementing with PW, GG, Creatine and Protein

So what are your thoughts on this? Comments?

I would say that is overtraining -- working same body parts twice a day...

Unless your life revolves around training, and you seek to have the biggest arms in the world so when you prance around in a thong your arms look big, why in the world would you seperate a sole workout to arms, let alone two in the same day?

the arnold encyclopedia text on bodybuilding has a 2 day workout training split..ever check that out?

theres def. other better ways to break a plateau/get gains in my opinion..

Comment

The only reason i never considered a two day split is the supplement concumption. Obviously it takes double the regular supps and for someone on a college budget, thats just too much money.
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

You know, you could workout 2x a day without using supplements 2x a day..

Comment

For very brief preiods its fine. Another alternative is to do double workouts only for your weakest bodyparts you want to bring up.
          Remember one of the advantages to double workouts is the intensity you can hit the weights with not a matter of necessarily doubling your volume.
          kane@controlledlabs.com
          Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
          Looks for the ads, coming soon!
          www.controlledlabs.com
          www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
            For very brief preiods its fine. Another alternative is to do double workouts only for your weakest bodyparts you want to bring up.
            Remember one of the advantages to double workouts is the intensity you can hit the weights with not a matter of necessarily doubling your volume.

couldnt agree more

Comment

Working...
            X