Need some opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions please

Hey all! I'm new to the boards but not new to bodybuilding or lifting. I need a bit of help. To make it short and sweet I started a new job two weeks ago and I work nights now.

This new schedule is really throwing me off course. I work from 7p.m. till 4a.m. Friday through Tuesday and have off on Wednesday and Thursday. I usually sleep till around 11a.m. or noon when I get home.

What would be a good time for me to work out now? I'm an industrial heavy equiptment operator but also do a lot of lifting at work from 1-100lbs. as well as running around a fair bit.

I was thinking it would be better for me to lift right after work since I was already working out all day at work but by the time I get home I'm spent.

So far I've been lifting around 1:30p.m. and it's working out alright. Thing I'm mostly worried about is is it enough time for a mild recovery before I go to work at 7p.m. and start all this running around and lifting?

I kind of feel like I over work my muscles because I'm not growing from what I can see.

Currently clean bulking and eating 4,500 cals, 200g protein and about 100-125g of fat per day. I'm 6'0" and 189lbs. Bodyfat percent I'm not too sure of (don't own any calipers). I've got a lean structure with a medium sized gut to best describe it.

I feel like I work off everything I eat while at work. Should I be eating even more to help with this? Almost feels like I gain all my weight in my mid section as well. I eat EXTREMELY clean and don't understand this.

Currently using:
    ON 100% Whey Protein
    C.L. Orange Triad
    C.L. Purple Wraith
    C.L. Green Magnitude
    C.L. White Blood
    Nature's Best Fish Oil capsules 1,000mg's.
    Nature's Best Flax Seed Oil capsules 1,000mg's

Sorry for the long post but I really need help figuring out a new routine for both diet and workout times. If anyone who needs more information, daily diet outline or what ever please let me know. I really appreciate any and all help I can get! Thanks in advance!

Ryo

I have a strenuous job as well, lifting 80lbs+ several times daily with numerous other digging and walking at least 1.5 miles a day. I found that I have a much better work out if I wake up early and go before work. Throw up the weight easier and cardio is much smoother, not to mention I show up to work already primed.

I also have an extremely high metabolism, which makes work even more of a disaster b/c I rarely have to time to make a meal, much less 4+ at work. Which was leading me towards 7-eleven food for quickies, started carrying an extra shaker for protein, make up 3 of those during an 9 hour shift. I came to the conclusion about a year ago it would be impossible for me to put on any mass until winter time... if at all. Which is fine as long as I can maintain my 188-195 frame, I'd love to be 210-215 though.

How much of the PW are you dosing? I don't know how I made it through work before after lifting without the stuff, bcaa's are my saving grace.

Comment

As of right now I take 1 scoop GreenMag mixed in 8 ounces of water 30 mins before my workout. Then 2 scoops P.W. mixed in 12 ounces of water is sipped on throughout my entire workout while also consuming another 12 ounces regular water. Right after I'm done working out I take another scoop of GreenMag mixed in 8 ounces of water.

I feel great and pumped! But when I get to work and get into about 4-5 hours I start feeling drained. Not completely but I just got so use to relaxing after lifting that this is taking it's toll on me to get used to the new set-up. I guess there is no real answere. Just have to get used to it.

How do you take your doses? On my off days from lifting I only take GreenMag out of all my Controlled Labs supps. Still 2 scoops in 8 ounces of water. Thanks bro!

Comment

Have you tracked you macros (daily / weekly) at all ?

Comment

Working...
        X