Cleans - Hangs - Snatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleans - Hangs - Snatches

I've been watching the videos over and over on crossfit. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my coordination but I'm not getting the motion. Can someone explain the motion?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

clean:http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...fts/Clean.html

snatch:http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ts/Snatch.html

There's variations of them on that site as well.. found it really helpful when I was first learning how to do them. Can't really explain it any better than what they have there hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
      I've been watching the videos over and over on crossfit. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my coordination but I'm not getting the motion. Can someone explain the motion?
      Start with high pulls.
      Trying to teach a client cleans... so we do sets of 3 high pulls (8 sets) where only the last rep is cleaned.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

bottm of clean =deadlift

bottom into middle of clean = high pull

top of clean = standing front straight bar military presses

my words of wiseom -- dont throw the bar onto the ground after a rep, slowly and calmly lower it in a cntrolled manner.. i hate when people just drop the bar from overhead to the ground!

Comment

^^ the second pull is the explosive one that really moves the bar after that you are just aggressively getting under the bar

Youtube search tommy kono he has some great instructional videos
          Last edited by Obeast; 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM.
          Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Working...
          X