Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hourglass shape to v-shape?

Hi guys,

Right now, I have an hourglass shape. I would love to get a v-shape. Even if I don't have big love handle anymore, I still have my hourglass shape. Is the shape of the body is purely genetic or it's something I can change?

Is there specific area or exercice I should focus on to get a v-shape? Is there some exercices I shouldn't do?

Right now I am 5'10" and 150 lbs, so I guess I need to train everything, but my biggest objective would be changing my body shape.

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

lots of rows, pullups/chinups, and pushups for the V

lots of compound movements for overall progress

lots of foods for bulking (eat clean for lean bulk)

Comment

Thanks!
      Should I workout my obliques or it will make my waist larger?

Comment

Originally posted by patoff
        Thanks!
        Should I workout my obliques or it will make my waist larger?
        I wouldn't work them directly unless primarily training for strength

Mind muscle connection very important on the rows and pulldowns. Don't focus on just "moving the weight".... also lots of stretching / hanging.
        Last edited by pu12en12g; 08-11-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

My favorite exercise for getting that v-taper are lat pulldowns with amazing form. Usually I go heavy with them and get about 6 reps but I can feel it really helping.

Comment

i did motorcycle rows for a week or two -- gym i work out in now doesnt have right equipment =(

I thought they were one of the best for the V shape ive done! really enjoyed them.... course it could of just been cos it was a new movement. either way, good workout. check t-nation for the article on them somewhere (theres also a thread on these forums bout em, in training section somewhere)

Comment

i think the best v taping exercise is t bar rows but also really focusing on training the delts because thats were most of the V comes from

Comment

Thanks guys,
                But is it normal to have such wide hips? I think I have bigger hips than my girlfriend :-S
                Well I guess this is what we can endomorph bodytype..
                Last edited by patoff; 08-12-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  I wouldn't work them directly unless primarily training for strength

Mind muscle connection very important on the rows and pulldowns. Don't focus on just "moving the weight".... also lots of stretching / hanging.
                  Why is mind and muscle connection important for rows and pulldowns? That might be why i have trouble with my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Starless_Eyes
                    Why is mind and muscle connection important for rows and pulldowns? That might be why i have trouble with my back.
                    Often the biceps take over without this connection. And in the end a person has had a pretty good bicep workout but lacklustre in the the back.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                    www.controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf
                      Often the biceps take over without this connection. And in the end a person has had a pretty good bicep workout but lacklustre in the the back.
                      ^^^^

Truth.... Kane always delivers !!

Comment

Originally posted by patoff
                        Thanks guys,
                        But is it normal to have such wide hips? I think I have bigger hips than my girlfriend :-S
                        Well I guess this is what we can endomorph bodytype..
                        Gotta just make the best out of what you're "workin with"... welcome to the "front lines"

Comment

Working...
                        X