Sonya's Road to Lean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry

I have to apologize for my cry baby attitude. My carb cycling is driving me crazy! Today is a no carb day. I woke up very lean today. I am noticing when I carb load on Monday, and have a heavy leg day I bloat. i need to relax and be ok with this. Carb cycling is for the long haul. It is not a quick fix. I feel better. I will be working out tonight. Had to much to do at work this morning.

Here is a picture from today. Tell me if you think I look leaner.

Last edited by smorgan1227; 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM.
    Eat boring, have an exciting life.

Comment

• The picture's kinda fuzzy but I can see good muscle definition.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Yes

That is why I leave the picture taking to my brother. I suck!

Comment

• Late start

By the time I got to the gym last night it was 7:30. I had chest workout and I was on a no carb day. I was really surprised at how strong I was. I will probably go to the gym later tonight also. I have been helping with my daughters Volleyball practice. I have had to move my priorities around. I came to the realization that I am only a few weeks out from my photo shoot, so I need to be very careful with my diet. Today is a carb load day. I will stop loading at 2:00. I will not have carbs after 2:00 on any day here out.

Just a funny story about today. My husband loves to tease me!!!! Today we went to lunch at the local Chinese restaurant. Of course I had chicken and snow peas while he enjoyed sweet and sour chicken and fried rice and chow main. Anyways, I was dressed for working out this morning, but got caught up with some emergency work files and haven't gone to the gym yet. So I went to lunch with my workout clothes on. While we were seated the waitress commented, "you have very big muscles, do you work out"? Of course before I could even open my mouth my wonderful husband comments, "Yes, as a matter of fact she works out really hard. She is a fitness model. You are going to need to make sure that she has plenty of water to drink, yada, yada yada." I can't remember the rest of what he said because I started to sweat and all the blood rushed to my head with embarrassment. I was trying to lay low because I had no makeup, a pony tail, fitness clothes...... My loud mouth husband was talking super load. I wanted to die and crawl under a table. Then he turned to me. I said, "Is it that noticeable now?" My loving husbands response was, "Yeah, it is pretty freakish! I'm kinda getting something new, I like it! I never had bodybuilder before". Nuff said!

p.s. fortune cookie said, (I kid you not, it really said this) The way to got to the top is to get off your bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf

You don't know the half of it. I tried to do clapping pullups with a new power rack the gym had brought in. The pullup bar was knurled. It tore my palms and everytime I clapped, blood would splatter on my face. I would have stopped immediately but the expression on the two guys I was training with were priceless so I continued and just wiped the bar at the end.
            Fuck.... I'm not worthy to lift wit you

Comment

• Sonya, you have a good base of muscle to build upon. Posing of the lats needs to be improved, so that your are not pinching your scapulas but rather spreading them out. This is a touch one to do for most, particularly females new to the art of posing. Keep on building and good luck with the carb-cycling!

BTW, here is some show info if you don't have it yet. I was told that the INBF Capital City Championships was probably the best non-NPC natural show.

NPC Sacramento
              http://www.npcsacshow.com/
              NPC SF and Contra Costa
              https://www.lindsayproductions.com/index.shtml
              INBA Silver and Black Muscle Classic
              http://naturalbodybuilding.com/schedule/index2.shtml
              NGA Natural California
              http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/infor...php?info_id=56
              INBF Capital City Championships
              http://californianaturalmuscle.org/
              **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
              **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
              WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
              http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
              http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• Thank you Rich

I checked all that information out. Good stuff.

I have been the worlds biggest loser lately. I strained my back and got pink eye so I haven't set foot in the gym since friday. I have been doing some plyo at home. I have limited my calorie intake because of my lack of activity. The lack of exercise is making me smaller. I can't wait to get back in the gym. I have been helping with my daughters volleyball team. I think that is how I am injuring my back. Straining it playing volleyball. I am getting tired of smelling like bengay....lol..

Comment

• I reeked of icy/hot for about 6 months. Hope you feel better soon.
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Hey hope you're back to 100% soon !!!

Comment

• Product/Workout observation

OK, like I stated yesterday I have been unable to work out for the past four days. I ran on Sunday. So, Sunday was the only day I drank purple wraath. I am noticing my water retention is gone. I must have lost a few pounds, and all my measurements are 1/2" smaller. It is not just my muscles getting smaller. I can tell a noticeable difference with my leaness. Could the purple wraath be doing this. It seems that as soon as I started taking it I felt water retention. I love the workout I get with it, but it is also good to know that if I stop taking it for a few days the water weight goes away. I look completely different.

Comment

• Yahooooo

I made it back to the gym this morning and got a full leg workout. I didn't lift as heavy as usual, but it felt so good to be back at the gym. I missed it.

And, yes, I brought my purple wraath...

Comment

• Great arm workout

It feels good to be back in the gym. I am very serious at this point. My photo shoot if very close. I am cutting way back on calories and making sure to do at least 20 minutes cardio each day. I can't wait for you guys to see the pictures. I am not taking as much purple wraath now that I realize it's bloating effect. I ordered my black t-shirt today. so excited!

Comment

• Sounds like good adjustments being made !

Comment

• Monday, Leg day

I had a great workout today. I only lifted two days last week. I spent the other days focusing on cardio and abs. It is nice to be back at the gym pumping iron.

I did supersets today. My strength was good. I tried close leg squats with the barbell held in front of my chest. They were quite hard. I am glad I was only using about 55lbs. I started my workout with a 10 minute run, and ended with 20 minutes on the stair master.

I have been helping coach my daughters volleyball team. That has been great fun. It also adds a new dimension to my workout.

I have been careful about measuring and weighing myself lately. For a while there I was doing it to often. I am just relaxing and doing the right things and waiting for a long term answer. I noticed the last few days that my clothes have been fitting really loose. I measured this morning and found that I am significantly smaller. I suppose that is mostly due to the lack of weights and over abundance of cardio. Not a bad thing for a photo shoot though.

Comment

• Pictures

I am working out with Laurie tonight, I hope. I wanted to post a few pictures. I think I need to figure out how to make them clearer.

Comment

Working...
                                X