Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonya's Road to Lean...

Default Sonya's Road to Lean...

I am going to start a log. I do not have my supplements yet. But I want to start recording my progress so that I can see what a difference they will make, especially with working out.

Today I did some HIIT training. I Jogged for one minute and then spinted for a full minute. I did this for 8 mintutes for a total of 4 Intervals.

I worked my legs out a tad. And I did some pull ups and dips. Altogether I was only at the gym for 35 mintues. However, that was all the time I had today. I had a great chest and shoulder workout last night.

About last night. It was great. I found a new workout partner.

Last night I asked my 16 year old son, who was laying about if he wanted to go to the gym with me so I would have a spot for bench press. He said, "sure mom, why not."

My poor son who has played football both his freshman and Sophmore year in great pain, found out that his heels are fused to his foot bones. He needs to have surgery on both feet, so he is out of football this year and has to watch his little brother play. He is glad to know why he has always been in such pain. I canít even imagine having gone through all those practices with fused feet. On top of that he had open heart surgery when he was seven for a heart defect. We will just say he hasnít had it easy.

Other than being defective, he is a typical 16 year old boy. He has been driving me crazy! However, last night when he went to the gym with me it was awesome. He pushed me harder than I had been pushing myself. He kept saying, "One more MOM" and "you can go heavier, get a bigger wieght". I had the best workout I have had in a long time. I asked him today if he wanted to be my new workout partner? I am going to get him a membership and change my workouts from morning to evening. It reminds me of the days in high school that I lifted with my brother. I am happy because I have a new great workout partner, and my son and I get to do something together every day. You just wait, he is going to be a studmuffin. I will have him on a clean eating diet soon enough!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 at 2:23 pm and is filed under Training. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Edit this entry.
    Leave a Reply
    Eat boring, have an exciting life.

Really? I like them young. I'M KIDDING!!

Great workout! It's always nice to have someone give you that extra push.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Default hmmm....

Your always good for a laugh. And yes, I can't wait to work out with you some time! I think we should video tape us arm wrestling...lol.. I wonder who would win...

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan1227
    Your always good for a laugh. And yes, I can't wait to work out with you some time! I think we should video tape us arm wrestling...lol.. I wonder who would win...
    Now that would be good. **mental note, train biceps tonight**

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Default Today

Today I had an Epiphany!

Epiphany: 3.a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

Now that we have the meaning of the word down, here is my simple, homely, insight. I picked up a copy of the September Oxygen Magazine because Jamie Eason is on the front cover (and on 20 pages, I counted) While flipping though it I read the article written by Robert Kennedy, the publisher. In the article he states,

"Women, really into fitness (yes! Iím talking about you), get asked all the time: "How do you keep so lean and shapely? Tell me what to do and Iíll do exactly as you say!"

And because you are such a kind and generous natured human being (yes, Iím still talking about you), a person who cares about others, especially those crying out for help, you spend your valuable time explaining the importance of regular exercise and the huge benefit of marrying your exercise with the outstanding benefits of eating clean.

But in spite of the best of intentions, very few people follow through. A week later they are back to eating junk food and not exercising. Your time is , once again, wasted!"

I thought to myself, how ironic. Here I am reading the magazine with Jamie Eason on the front and I have for the first time in my life changed my eating and exercise patterns because I followed the advice of none other than Jamie Eason. What made it different this time. Why did I listen to what she said and really change. I have to tell you, I have really changed! The results have amazed me. I simply believed her.
    So the thought occurred to me that I just honestly believed what Jamie was telling me. I had faith that if I ate clean and built my muscle base I would be lean. I acted on it. I followed through with belief in something I was not going to see for many months. There were times when I felt like I was getting fatter. My muscles were growing under the large layer of fat I had acquired over the last year. Jamie encouraged me to keep going. Believing that I would eventually be lean. Do I look like Jamie? No Way! Do I look better than I have in a long time. Absolutely!
    The only other area in my life where I can see real faith at work is in my relationship with God. It doesnít work when I only believe it part way. I have to believe in what I canít see. I have to have faith that what God tells me is true and act on it. ]

James 1:3-5-7

5 But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all. R3 6 But when you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind. 7 If you are like that, unable to make up your mind and undecided in all you do, you must not think that you will receive anything from the Lord

Do you do that in your life? Are you like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind? Do you need to believe again? What will it take to believe? I canít convince you. Jamie may not be able to convince you. The choice is yours. Every day you act on your belief. Do you really believe that you can achieve health, strength, purpose. Decide today to believe. That is the only difference between those who listen and fall away, and those who make a change. Believe in what you canít see.

Red face Today's workout 8/8/8

My husbands exact words this morning a I left for the gym were "Wow, you look like you are going to have a great workout!" Of course he was being sarcastic because I was dragging my bumm...

It seems these days the only way I can get my workout going is to start with some HIIT training. I ran for 10 mintues with three 3 one minute sprint intervals to get the heart pumping.

I added a second day of leg training in this week. Today I mostly focused on hamstrings

I did four supersets (three sets of 10 reps)

1st set:
    Hanging leg raise
    Squats (65 lbs I went easy today on squats)

2nd Set:
    Machine hamstring curl (60 lbs)
    Stiff legged dead lift (20 lbs barbells)

3rd Set:
    Stability Ball Hamstring Curl (these hurt, I had to stretch after each set)
    Leg Press (180 lbs)

I ended my workout with abs super set:
    Leg lifts 3 sets 25 reps
    crunches 3 sets 25 reps

All in all the workout wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I will be anxious to see how much better they will go after supplements.

45 minutes

Nice updates in here

Default picture

I took a picture after my workout today! I can't believe how easily I bulk. My legs are getting big.
    Last edited by smorgan1227; 08-08-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Default Video log

Default Super Set Monday 8/11/08

Started with HIIT one mile run to get my blood going. After about the 3rd sprint I was like, "come on, body, wake up!"

My workout today left me light headed and ready to throw up. I guess that is a good thing.

Super sets include three sets of 10 reps each.

Group 1
    Flat barbell bench press (65 lbs)
    Incline dumbbell press (20lb dumb bells)

Group 2
    Incline Flys (15 lbs db)
    Flat dumbbell bench (20 lbs db)

Group 3
    Elevated Cable rows (upright rows) (80 lbs)
    pull ups

Group 4
    T-bar row (25 lbs)
    Bent over row (40 lbs)

Group 5
    Back extensions (w/ 25 lb)
    Stiff leg barbell good mornings. (40 lbs)

Still no using suplements. The main hope I have is increased strength and endurance. As well as a wake me up.

Default 08/11/2008

Last edited by smorgan1227; 08-11-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Default sonya's road to lean...

congrats on your new w/o partner,I spent a lot of gym time with my son at the same age and 16 yrs. later we still try to hook up at the gym....

Default so tired

I am super tired today. I am meeting with bull.dogz tonight to workout! Yippee. It will be my first time using purple wrath. I hope it works because I have NO energy.

Default Working out with Laurie and Purple Wrath. Loved it!

Default Video Review of Controlled Wrath and White Blood

Default Todays workout

Took Reduction this morning. Didn't notice any heart racing, etc. That is a good thing. Went to the gym with my purple wraath. I had an amazing workout. After working legs hard I went to do cardio on the elliptical machine. Typically after a leg workout I am luck to stay on something for 3 mintutes. I was able to go 20 minutes on a glute burn at level 8. I couldn't believe it. I think the purple wraath must numb you to pain or something. I was sweating like crazy. I don't know if that has to do with the Reduction, but is was nuts. I sweat anyway, but this was unreal.

My workout was

Giant Sets (kinda like super sets but four lifts done continually)

Three set of the Giant sets below:

10 reps of each for three sets
    Stiff Legged dead lifts (two 20 lbs dumbells)
    Plie Squat (two 20 lbs dumbells)
    Reverse lung and lift (20 lb dumbells)
    Bridge

Then Abbs
    3 sets 25 crunches
    3 sets 25 leg lifts

Welcome to the world or Purple Wraath!

Default My stack arrived

Yipeeee.. My products came. My biggest concern was that the orange triad would make me ill. When I take vitamins they make me gag, literally. Usually about 15 minutes after taking a vitamin I start to gag even throw it up. I know, that was more information than you needed. However, I took two with my dinner last night and I was fine. I didn't feel sick at all. I am very excited about that.

Yesterday was my first day with REDuction. I found that the red pills make me sweat. They are doing it again this morning. The black pills didn't make me sweat. However, I woke up this morning in a complete haze. Stumbled to the kitchen to make my oatmeal. I didn't lose the fog in my head until I took the AM REDuction pills. Then the fog was all gone.

I am very pleased with the products so far. I am beyond my initial fear that I would be ill from them. Now I just have to see how effective they are.

The past two days I have had intense workout. However, I am only marginally sore. I am hoping that is from the purple Wraath, because I would love to not be so sore all the time.

There is my general getting started overview.

Hey ! Sounding good in here !

Default Orange Triad

Yesterday I started taking Orange Triad. By the afternoon I had a really bad stomach ache. I couldn't even go work out because it hurt so bad. I am going to take a break from it for a day or so and then try half a dose or less and work myself up to it. I had taken two on Wednesday night, Two Thursday morning and two with lunch on thursday.

Yesterday I had a photo shoot with Laurie and my brother. It was a lot of fun. My brother wanted Laurie to do more than just our Controlled Labs t-shirts, etc. He coached her through the photo shoot. By the end she was a pro. I think she will be back for more soon. I can't wait for everyone to see the pictures, they are fun! It is a good experience for anyone in the fitness world, especially women to know what goes behind the pictures they see in magazines. It puts a lot of things in perspective.

Thread Information