Sonya's Road to Lean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonya's Road to Lean...

I am going to start a log. I do not have my supplements yet. But I want to start recording my progress so that I can see what a difference they will make, especially with working out.

Today I did some HIIT training. I Jogged for one minute and then spinted for a full minute. I did this for 8 mintutes for a total of 4 Intervals.

I worked my legs out a tad. And I did some pull ups and dips. Altogether I was only at the gym for 35 mintues. However, that was all the time I had today. I had a great chest and shoulder workout last night.

About last night. It was great. I found a new workout partner.

Last night I asked my 16 year old son, who was laying about if he wanted to go to the gym with me so I would have a spot for bench press. He said, "sure mom, why not."

My poor son who has played football both his freshman and Sophmore year in great pain, found out that his heels are fused to his foot bones. He needs to have surgery on both feet, so he is out of football this year and has to watch his little brother play. He is glad to know why he has always been in such pain. I can’t even imagine having gone through all those practices with fused feet. On top of that he had open heart surgery when he was seven for a heart defect. We will just say he hasn’t had it easy.

Other than being defective, he is a typical 16 year old boy. He has been driving me crazy! However, last night when he went to the gym with me it was awesome. He pushed me harder than I had been pushing myself. He kept saying, "One more MOM" and "you can go heavier, get a bigger wieght". I had the best workout I have had in a long time. I asked him today if he wanted to be my new workout partner? I am going to get him a membership and change my workouts from morning to evening. It reminds me of the days in high school that I lifted with my brother. I am happy because I have a new great workout partner, and my son and I get to do something together every day. You just wait, he is going to be a studmuffin. I will have him on a clean eating diet soon enough!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 at 2:23 pm and is filed under Training. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Edit this entry.
    Leave a Reply
    Eat boring, have an exciting life.

Really? I like them young. I'M KIDDING!!

Great workout! It's always nice to have someone give you that extra push.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

hmmm....

Your always good for a laugh. And yes, I can't wait to work out with you some time! I think we should video tape us arm wrestling...lol.. I wonder who would win...

Comment

Originally posted by smorgan1227
        Your always good for a laugh. And yes, I can't wait to work out with you some time! I think we should video tape us arm wrestling...lol.. I wonder who would win...
        Now that would be good. **mental note, train biceps tonight**

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Today

Today I had an Epiphany!

Epiphany: 3.a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

Now that we have the meaning of the word down, here is my simple, homely, insight. I picked up a copy of the September Oxygen Magazine because Jamie Eason is on the front cover (and on 20 pages, I counted) While flipping though it I read the article written by Robert Kennedy, the publisher. In the article he states,

"Women, really into fitness (yes! I’m talking about you), get asked all the time: "How do you keep so lean and shapely? Tell me what to do and I’ll do exactly as you say!"

And because you are such a kind and generous natured human being (yes, I’m still talking about you), a person who cares about others, especially those crying out for help, you spend your valuable time explaining the importance of regular exercise and the huge benefit of marrying your exercise with the outstanding benefits of eating clean.

But in spite of the best of intentions, very few people follow through. A week later they are back to eating junk food and not exercising. Your time is , once again, wasted!"

I thought to myself, how ironic. Here I am reading the magazine with Jamie Eason on the front and I have for the first time in my life changed my eating and exercise patterns because I followed the advice of none other than Jamie Eason. What made it different this time. Why did I listen to what she said and really change. I have to tell you, I have really changed! The results have amazed me. I simply believed her.
          So the thought occurred to me that I just honestly believed what Jamie was telling me. I had faith that if I ate clean and built my muscle base I would be lean. I acted on it. I followed through with belief in something I was not going to see for many months. There were times when I felt like I was getting fatter. My muscles were growing under the large layer of fat I had acquired over the last year. Jamie encouraged me to keep going. Believing that I would eventually be lean. Do I look like Jamie? No Way! Do I look better than I have in a long time. Absolutely!
          The only other area in my life where I can see real faith at work is in my relationship with God. It doesn’t work when I only believe it part way. I have to believe in what I can’t see. I have to have faith that what God tells me is true and act on it. ]

James 1:3-5-7

5 But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all. R3 6 But when you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind. 7 If you are like that, unable to make up your mind and undecided in all you do, you must not think that you will receive anything from the Lord

Do you do that in your life? Are you like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind? Do you need to believe again? What will it take to believe? I can’t convince you. Jamie may not be able to convince you. The choice is yours. Every day you act on your belief. Do you really believe that you can achieve health, strength, purpose. Decide today to believe. That is the only difference between those who listen and fall away, and those who make a change. Believe in what you can’t see.

Comment

Today's workout 8/8/8

My husbands exact words this morning a I left for the gym were "Wow, you look like you are going to have a great workout!" Of course he was being sarcastic because I was dragging my bumm...

It seems these days the only way I can get my workout going is to start with some HIIT training. I ran for 10 mintues with three 3 one minute sprint intervals to get the heart pumping.

I added a second day of leg training in this week. Today I mostly focused on hamstrings

I did four supersets (three sets of 10 reps)

1st set:
            Hanging leg raise
            Squats (65 lbs I went easy today on squats)

2nd Set:
            Machine hamstring curl (60 lbs)
            Stiff legged dead lift (20 lbs barbells)

3rd Set:
            Stability Ball Hamstring Curl (these hurt, I had to stretch after each set)
            Leg Press (180 lbs)

I ended my workout with abs super set:
            Leg lifts 3 sets 25 reps
            crunches 3 sets 25 reps

All in all the workout wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I will be anxious to see how much better they will go after supplements.

45 minutes

Comment

Nice updates in here

Comment

picture

I took a picture after my workout today! I can't believe how easily I bulk. My legs are getting big.
                Last edited by smorgan1227; 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Video log

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jAPPY8ldlk

Comment

Super Set Monday 8/11/08

Started with HIIT one mile run to get my blood going. After about the 3rd sprint I was like, "come on, body, wake up!"

My workout today left me light headed and ready to throw up. I guess that is a good thing.

Super sets include three sets of 10 reps each.

Group 1
                    Flat barbell bench press (65 lbs)
                    Incline dumbbell press (20lb dumb bells)

Group 2
                    Incline Flys (15 lbs db)
                    Flat dumbbell bench (20 lbs db)

Group 3
                    Elevated Cable rows (upright rows) (80 lbs)
                    pull ups

Group 4
                    T-bar row (25 lbs)
                    Bent over row (40 lbs)

Group 5
                    Back extensions (w/ 25 lb)
                    Stiff leg barbell good mornings. (40 lbs)

Still no using suplements. The main hope I have is increased strength and endurance. As well as a wake me up.

Comment

08/11/2008

Last edited by smorgan1227; 08-11-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

sonya's road to lean...

congrats on your new w/o partner,I spent a lot of gym time with my son at the same age and 16 yrs. later we still try to hook up at the gym....

Comment

so tired

I am super tired today. I am meeting with bull.dogz tonight to workout! Yippee. It will be my first time using purple wrath. I hope it works because I have NO energy.

Comment

Working out with Laurie and Purple Wrath. Loved it!

Comment

Video Review of Controlled Wrath and White Blood

Comment

Working...
                              X