Drivers Permit Help!! PLease!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Permit Help!! PLease!!!!

Alright, i got my permit just like a week or so ago. ANd today my dad picked me up from school and i told him i would dirve. But, we were taking two of my friends home and he said i couldnt because i wasnt allowed to drive people. I said as long as he was in the car i could. HE wants proof and i cant find any. I went to DMV.org and checked the handbook and couldnt find anything that even talked about it.

Can someone link me to a site.

Will rep

Thanks

Jdub

Originally posted by JDub
    Alright, i got my permit just like a week or so ago. ANd today my dad picked me up from school and i told him i would dirve. But, we were taking two of my friends home and he said i couldnt because i wasnt allowed to drive people. I said as long as he was in the car i could. HE wants proof and i cant find any. I went to DMV.org and checked the handbook and couldnt find anything that even talked about it.

Will rep

Thanks

Jdub
    ask him to show you where it says you cant
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Will rep

Thanks

Jdub
      INdiana law says you can drive with passengers as long as an adult/parent is in the front seat I believe.
      + =

Comment

You might be s.o.l. buddy

Although teen crash rates dropped in Florida, even that state's law does not go far enough for many safety experts. The strictest laws don't allow 16-year-old drivers to have teen passengers in the first six months of driving, as in California, and forbid them to drive after 9 p.m., as in North Carolina. Even better, experts say, are laws that also mandate up to 50 hours practice with a driver 21 or older before a road test, as in Michigan, and require a conviction-free record for a year to obtain full driving privileges, as in Pennsylvania.
        + =

Comment

come to australia, so long as you have a full-licensed driver with you, you can drive all your teenage friends around

Comment

TRAVIS, thanks but thats not the question i am asking. I odnt have my license i only have my permit. And that info is out dated cuz the law is now 1 year instead of 6 months.

If my dad is in the car with me, in the front seat, can i drive my friends around?

Jdub

Comment

What state do you live in?

Comment

California, Central Valley!

http://meted.ucar.edu/dlac/lesson1/m...ics/calmap.gif

in a small town called Ripon California!

Jdub

Comment

TRAVIS, thanks but thats not the question i am asking. I odnt have my license i only have my permit. And that info is out dated cuz the law is now 1 year instead of 6 months.

If my dad is in the car with me, in the front seat, can i drive my friends around?

Jdub

So use your common sense. If licensed drivers can't even have passengers, especially for an entire year, why the hell would 16 year olds with only a permit be allowed?????!!!!!
                  + =

Comment

And learn how to google too. You, as a minor with a permit, cannot operate any vehicle without a parent or guardian who is over the age of 25 in the passenger front seat. Thats it. Period. You can't drive alone. You can't drive friends. You can't do shit, but drive with dad or mom.

Look at the "California Driver Handbook"

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ia+permit+laws
                    + =

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
                      So use your common sense. If licensed drivers can't even have passengers, especially for an entire year, why the hell would 16 year olds with only a permit be allowed?????!!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, bro. Read what i just typed. I now the law. I asked if my dad was in the front seat of the car, could i drive friends around who would be sitting in the back seat. I guess you didnt understand me. Never did i say my parent wouldnt be there. I was asking if anyone could show me where it said it is exceptable for me to drive others around with a parent. That is the question i am asking.

Jeezz

Jdub

Comment

In New Jersey, if you just have your permit you can have your dad and as many family members but only ONE other person in the vehicle that is not in your family at a time. Your dad or mom must also sit in the front seat.

Comment

*Shakes head*

Dude read my next post.

-OT- I had to do an argumentative/persuasive speech a few semesters ago in college and I chose to argue that the legal driving age should be raised to 18. I based my argument an the research and facts that say the human brain is not fully developed at 16 years old, hence they should have to wait another 2 years to get behing the wheel. You verify everything I read JDub.
                          + =

Comment

Its appears you can have passengers???

Provisional driver license restrictions during the first year

Effective January 1, 2006, a new law will increase driving restrictions for persons under the age of 18 who:

Are issued a provisional driver license (DL) on or after January 1, 2006, or
                            Already hold a provisional DL issued on or after January 1, 2005.
                            Provisional Driving Restrictions—You must be accompanied and supervised by a licensed parent, guardian or other licensed driver 25 years of age or older or a licensed or certified driving instructor when you:

Transport passengers under 20 years of age at any time, for the first twelve months.
                            Drive between 11 pm and 5 am for the first twelve months.
                            To determine if these restrictions apply to you, look at the date on your driver license. The date printed just to the left of your photograph is the date these restrictions begin. The new restrictions apply for 12 months following this date. For example: If the date on your license is May 7, 2005, you will have the above restrictions through May 7, 2006. Violation of either restriction can result in a fine and/or community service.

Persons under 18 may not be employed to drive a motor vehicle. When you turn 18 years of age, the provisional part of your license ends. You may continue to drive as an adult using your photo license, which will expire on your 5th birthday after the date you applied.
                            + =

Comment

Wow, wow, wow, bro. Read what i just typed. I now the law. I asked if my dad was in the front seat of the car, could i drive friends around who would be sitting in the back seat. I guess you didnt understand me. Never did i say my parent wouldnt be there. I was asking if anyone could show me where it said it is exceptable for me to drive others around with a parent. That is the question i am asking.

Jeezz

Jdub
                              And just cause I'm anal.

wow=whoa

now=know

exceptable=acceptable

have a good day. Anymore questions like this call your local BMV. Have a good night
                              + =

Comment

Working...
                              X