Ways to beat "The System"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to beat "The System"

Talk the talk section.. so what the hell....

Ways to beat "The System" #1

Trasportation

I had my license suspended for 6+ months (long story) a while back, and it soon became obvious that I was saving a shitload of money by not spending money on gas or insurance. I also saved over $80 a month by not having to pay for parking at work.

I saved time out of my day (TIME = PRICELESS) because my cardio (biking) was now also my trasportation.

These are some examples of what I call beating "The System"... please list your own

Ways to beat "The System" #2

Food...

This one is pretty obvious, and I KNOW some of you bigger guys can relate. Let's say I go to Taco Bell. This isn't a normal visit to taco bell, because a combo meal doesn't come CLOSE to filling me up... so we're easily talking around $10... over and above the normal cost of food that day.

My eliminating not only fast food, but "prepared foods" and restaurants and focusing on calorie dense foods you can save (or at least re-direct) a SHITLOAD of cash.
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 09-26-2006, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Ways to beat "The System" #3

Entertainment and Alcohol

Obviously one solution is to simply not drink. If / when you make this choice, be warned that you will suddenly realize how much of your former entertainment either "was drinking" or involved drinking. You will probably start to see some of your friends for what they really are, and that they use alcohol as a crutch with women or to relax and "deal with" life. That's the majority... there are always exceptions.

An alternative is to just avoid bars and focus more on house parties, pool parties, BBQ's or at least don't drink in bars unless a hot chic buys you a drink (yes this can / does happen).

Other examples are pretty obvious but I'm sure I'm missing some... you can Rent Videos instead of seeing the movie when it first comes out..drive-in theaters for you people on the "best coast" and the rest of us in the summer... 3 movies for the price of 1

Any other ideas ?
      Last edited by pu12en12g; 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM.

Comment

#4 NO GIRLFRIEND

3.5 years no girlfriend = tens of thousands of dollars saved...
        www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
          #4 NO GIRLFRIEND

Truth !!!

Comment

#4 NO GIRLFRIEND

better solution is get a girlfriend who makes more money than you
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

#5 Never go grocery shopping while hungry, always go after a meal and you will be less likely to impulse buy and pick up "extras" you don't need.

Comment

Agreed on the no girlfriend while saving money, but I want kids, and I plan on raising the starting O line for OSU, so I have to start early

Agreed on #5 also, but when I go, I know exactly what I want and I stick to that, so when I'm trying to put on some mass I'll go hungry

This is a great idea for a thread, as it seems I "beat the system" everyday, but I cannot seem to remember how. I'll add more when I can think of it.
                A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

#6 Never get a credit card - monthly bills close to $1k are not cool

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                    #6 Never get a credit card - monthly bills close to $1k are not cool

high maintainence...
                    www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

high maintainence...
                      get used to it!

Comment

#6 Never get a credit card
                        Nice one !!

Comment

get used to it!

www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

As far as food is concerned, or any merchandise in general...using coupons can save you so much money. And if you didn't know, almost all of the times coupons will work for multiple products no matter what it says on the coupon itself (as long as the brand/manufacturer is the same). For example, if you have a coupon to save $1 on a 24oz package of (insert brand name) r/fat mexican blend shredded cheese, but the 16oz package is on sale...the coupon will work for the smaller one because the way the system is set up it just varifies that the UPC corresponds with the coupon code. It's genius really. It may not seem like very much, but it can add up...plus there's a grocery store around my way that has double coupon days where they'll count a coupon twice...so I can save twice as much as I intended. It rules.

Not that I scour the newspaper every week for coupons or anything...

Damn, I'm cheap.

Comment

this is just a diff version of #1 but my wife and I work at the same hospital I am part-time and she is full so she canceled her parking pass. She rides with me and uses my pass on days I dont work. The passes for part-time employees are cheaper so we save about 50$ on parking pluss every other day I get an hour more sleep during the commute.

sleep=priceless
                              Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X