Injuries, Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries, Help please

Hey everyone. I hurt my tail bone about 3 weeks ago and bruised it pretty bad. It hasnt gotten any better and i dont know what to do for it.

And today, i was benching and on my last rep, my shoulder like, i dont know how to explain it. But it hurts alot. When i rotate my arm it hurts like a mutha. What can i do for it.

Also, i refuse to take any time off from training. Its not a option.

Jdub

Originally posted by JDub
    Also, i refuse to take any time off from training. Its not a option.
    So instead of a small injury, you want a full shoulder replacement after a yr. Sounds like a good idea to me.

But do this:
    http://www.orthoassociates.com/shoulderRCrehab.htm

But dont do any benching, rowing, pullups, shoulder workouts, maybe squatting, and maybe deadlifitng
    Last edited by LancerV; 07-24-2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

THats not what i mean,

I ment that i wont stop working out. I will stop certain excercises but wont take any time off.

Please dont mock me bro. I dont appreicate it.

Jdub

Comment

THats not what i mean,

I ment that i wont stop working out. I will stop certain excercises but wont take any time off.

Please dont mock me bro. I dont appreicate it.

Jdub
        Your body will recover faster if you just let your shoulder heal though.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
          Your body will recover faster if you just let your shoulder heal though.
          It sounds like it could be a Rotator Cuff issue, something I am VERY familiar with. Let me just be blunt with you bro.. lifting through shoulder pain only leads to my shoulder pain, it can also lead to permanent injuries. Lay off any motions that involve your shoulder (that includes pretty much anything arm/shoulder/chest/and most back related motions) and give it a few days off. Train legs, abs, and extra cardio and then reassess the shoulder.

SCT
          Back to the basics!

Comment

no more pushing, pulling, curling.... hmmm.. basically no more upper body exercises for about two weeks and see how it feels at that point... Doing anything with an injured rotator cuff would only exacerbate the problem if that's indeed what it is.
            www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
              no more pushing, pulling, curling.... hmmm.. basically no more upper body exercises for about two weeks and see how it feels at that point... Doing anything with an injured rotator cuff would only exacerbate the problem if that's indeed what it is.
              Or lower body for the most part, maybe some leg presses, leg curls, and leg extensions, but squats and deads are also out.

Comment

Thanks,

UPDATE: MY shoulder still hurts but after doing some reading and research i did injure my rotator cuff. So i will be taking the rest of this week off from weight lifting.

P.S. My weight is down to 192. My goal is to get to 188 before August 3!

Comment

Hang in there brother, taking time off for any reason is sometimes a hard thing to accept, even if you have no choice. But with mandatory breaks new things will come!

Comment

UPDATE: MY shoulder feels great and i had a light workout yesterday, going to start taking some baby steps back to the top.

Jdub

Comment

Good to hear JDub!

Have you ever worked out with lighter weights over a long period of time before?

Comment

Heavy or go home

Jdub

Comment

I've bruised my tail bone before and it sucks but unless you did some sudden direct impact on it, it shouldn't be an issue of fracture and should heal over a good long while.
                          www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                          Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Heavy or go home

Jdub
                            Good for you. Feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X