Pre-Workout Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Workout Meal

Just had a quick question in regards to pre-workout meal timing. Which of the following timing methods are more efficient, or which one do you guys perfer?

1. preworkout meal, wait 30 min, supps, then gym OR
    2. supps, wait 30 min, preworkout meal, gym

oh, and my preworkout meal consists of a whey shake w/ oats, and sometimes a pb butter sandwich as well.

i would do #1 personally.. maybe 45min between meals n supps to make sure stomach is empty

Comment

i usually eat a promax bar or 2 chicken breasts about 1 - 1.5 hours before i take supplements. it's better to do so because of absorption.

Comment

I personally do.

Eat
        45 minutes, Take Supps
        30 minutes, Leave for Gym

That way I have an hour and 15 minutes of digestion time before I begin to physically exert myself. I find that this works best for me, eating too much closer to the workout and I feel a lack of energy since my digestive system is using some energy at that time.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

appreciate the responses guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            i would do #1 personally.. maybe 45min between meals n supps to make sure stomach is empty
            how is your stomach empty after 45min of a meal??

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
              how is your stomach empty after 45min of a meal??

human physiology says that food only stays in your stomach for 30-40 minutes. so.. yeah. :\

Comment

the meal isnt gonna be huge.. its like a slice of chicken.. can of tuna..4 scram eggs... something like that.. i never eat big anymore, always small meals with high frequency..

its not like were hittin a buffet before the gym.. yaknowhatimean

Comment

Originally posted by jingzhe
                  human physiology says that food only stays in your stomach for 30-40 minutes. so.. yeah. :\

are you serious?

sometimes i'll eat at a buffet and i know for CERTAIN the stomach ain't empty in 45 minutes.
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

stop macronutrient intake 90-120 min. before the gym.

take supplements 30 min. before gym time.(assuming that's what the supp. says to do)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                      are you serious?

sometimes i'll eat at a buffet and i know for CERTAIN the stomach ain't empty in 45 minutes.

at a buffet do you eat as much as you normally would for a preworkout meal?

no, u eat til u wanna cos its a buffet and you can!

Comment

Working...
                      X