Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio?

I mostly lift for size and strength im not a powerlift nor a bodybuilder
    i want to be in between big and STRONG but still alittle cut.... i want to decrease my BF% but still gain weight ... im getting my diet squared away but im starting cardio in the morning before i eat .... how long should i do cardio in the morning for ..10min 15min 20min ???

and afterwards would it be wise to take a protien shake post cardio
    5'11"
    230lbs hard

bump
    5'11"
    230lbs hard

Comment

get some aminos pre cardio if your doing it am on an empty stomach, and yes get a protein shake post or a high protein meal

i would do something like

before am cardio - purple wraath
      after - whe isolate + oats/some carb source than a meal like 30min later.. some eggs, tuna, somethin like that..

Comment

ok that answers that now .... what about length of cardio?
        5'11"
        230lbs hard

Comment

whats cardio?

if i did any cardio its usually right around 20-25min. but id rather just train harder and faster and dumb the cardio all together. too much cardio is bad if your trying to gain size and i guess to little is bad for when your trying to drop the bf%. but the key in the whole thing is diet. so i guess i really didnt say anything important but try just diet and heavy training for a month or so then start adding in the cardio as you think you need it. but i guess this is more of a question for the thinner guys

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
            ok that answers that now .... what about length of cardio?
            Anything over 15 minutes... at least moderate intensity.

Comment

i personally feel that if your cardiovascular system sucks, all the muslce in the world wont do you any good.

i like this equation

cardiovascular strength = real world, functional strength

but pt is right, if you are looking to gain mass, and do a little cardio, keep it moderate around 15 minutes

there are studies out there that say cardio after weight training boosts anabolism (depends which side of the fence your on)

personally i gained 20 or so pounds of muscle within a year running 5 miles after 1.5 hrs of weight training.

nutrition and supplementation MUST be perfect

Comment

the cardio protocol i i follow is 25-45 minutes LI, but make sure you have some bcaa's or EAA's

Comment

Working...
                X