High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
    30.30%
    Moderate Intensity / Extended Duration Cardio
    33.33%
    Both / Other
    36.36%

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Vote for your favorite form of cardio for optimal fatloss
    Thanks Pure! I was just sitting here last night trying to think of some theads for this section.. and you pulled through for me without even being asked!

Here are my cardio thoughts..

Moderate Intensity - I find this to be the best type for me after a lifting session. I also like this type on a morning cardio.. not fasted, I still take a protein shake with water, but just no carbs..

HIIT - This is my KoK (king of kings) cardio. I use this 3 times per week for 15 minutes on some stairs at a local park circa Rocky.

Tabata Intervals - These are like HIIT on Red Acid.. muwhaha. 20 seconds ALL OUT, 10 seconds FULL STOP.. repeat for 4 minutes total, and then try to walk out of the gym without falling down.
    Back to the basics!

Comment

what about early morning empty stomach? =x

this one Im going to utilize on my shoulder/back days...
      check it out

before you liftw eights, hit the stationary bike ...warm up a lil than pedal at 1 min intervals (1min pedal, 1 min rest...) for the best RPM you can ( i was doing 100 last time) than every interval your pedaling raise the resistance til you cant keep the RPM anymore..

go lift

when done lifting, hit the bike again..

2min warmup, than just keep pedaling and every 2 mins raise the resistance til you can go no more at the same RPM you did earlier.

** not for the unmotivated

Comment

I mix it up. Sometimes I do HITT, sometimes I do moderate for an extended period of time. IMO Variety is my best friend when it comes to getting fit.

Comment

If you have access to an ERG (rowing machine), I definitely reccomend giving it a shot. I rowed for my university for a semester and I'll tell you now it'll whip you into shape and get your heart going FAST. I also forget where I heard this but I remember reading that you'll burn almost twice the calories that you would running for the same amount of time. I'm sure that is largely based upon form (its easy to row improperly) and more importantly resistance/speed that you use.

Its a nice change from running, especially if its cold out or if you live in a city where running outside is an obstacle course w/ all the stop and go. Beats a treadmill any day in my book...Plus hey, you get to workout while sitting on your ass.

I'm also a huuuuge fan of jumping rope. For purposes of the poll I'd have to say I'm an avid supporter of HIIT.

Comment

Although to add to that, (I couldn't edit fast enough), If you get some time heres an interview from Men's Health with Matthew McConaughey on cardio and such. Its pretty interesting and worth the 5 minutes it takes to read. Mainly about mixing it up and just not worrying so much about actual numbers.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...10cfe793cd____

Scope it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
              If you have access to an ERG (rowing machine), I definitely reccomend giving it a shot. I rowed for my university for a semester and I'll tell you now it'll whip you into shape and get your heart going FAST. I also forget where I heard this but I remember reading that you'll burn almost twice the calories that you would running for the same amount of time. I'm sure that is largely based upon form (its easy to row improperly) and more importantly resistance/speed that you use.

Its a nice change from running, especially if its cold out or if you live in a city where running outside is an obstacle course w/ all the stop and go. Beats a treadmill any day in my book...Plus hey, you get to workout while sitting on your ass.

I'm also a huuuuge fan of jumping rope. For purposes of the poll I'd have to say I'm an avid supporter of HIIT.
              Rowing is one of my favorite cardios but only one gym has a machine around here and its 40mins away.

Comment

My fav is mountain biking with my son in a bike trailer. I am going to start a form of HIIT with sprinting this week for mixing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
                  If you have access to an ERG (rowing machine),.
                  hmm i think i will give it a shot today after lifting
                  Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

so what happened to the good ole' shuttle run?

find bas ruttens all round workout/boxing/fighting cds
                    thats some great fun cardio

you dont need to sit on a boring assed bike for 40 mins.

Comment

looks like most guys here go both ways

with cardio.
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

alternate between jump rope, high incline jogging, or interval sprints ... depends on how sore the legs and shin splints are that day/week.
                        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Beach vollyball.... holy shit it's a awesome workout (when you are 258lb jumping around lol)

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            Beach vollyball.... holy shit it's a awesome workout (when you are 258lb jumping around lol)
                            sorry dude but i cant use workout and volleyball in the same sentance, thats a womans "recreational activity".

Comment

running in sand is difficult. last summer when i was at the beach i got tied up into a beach football game at like 11pm...i was crunk as a mother too. needless to say, my team reigned superior come midnight; as i vomitted on the way to subway.

Comment

Working...
                              X