What are the keys to Body Recomp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the keys to Body Recomp

maybe i should focus less on bulk then cut and just aim at a recomp, but ima newb and dont know the basics of it, any help?
    Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200 lb.s
    BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
    17% (8/2/06)
    Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

i would worry about getting into the routine.. the lifestyle.. understanding the diet, training, supplementation (if u desire) aspects before going into a route of cutting or bulking..

its key you have the knowledge to fuel your desire before you begin the journey..

Comment

I'm not sure that there is a clearly definied method of recomp...though you can manipulate and cycle cals/carbs and macros... then tweak it as you go along to make it work specifically for you... I'm pretty new to it as well, would be good to hear someone's else's view

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
        manipulate and cycle cals/carbs and macros... then tweak it as you go along to make it work specifically for you...
        ^^^^

Yep... and it takes patience. In most cases I don't think it's optimal.

Comment

20% is pretty high to be bulking but I guess it can be done. Just eat big but eat clean. All day, everyday. Just by adding muscle you'll be dropping BF%. Throw in plenty of Green Tea and other antioxidants and maybe some SesaGlow too. Good Luck!
          + =

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            ^^^^

Yep... and it takes patience. In most cases I don't think it's optimal.
            ahhh yes. Patience

Comment

the secret is diet as in finding a diet and sticking to it no matter what. all the fancy suppliments are good to have but they arent worth a shit if you dont keep your diet and training in check. Finding the right diet that works for your body takes time. advice is good but the only way you know something will work for you is to try it for a while. dont expect results in weeks. i always say try it for 6 months if you can do it for 6 months you can do it forever. (diet and training wise)

Comment

I will add that another key for a recomp is really "lifestyle" for example if your significant other is filling the house with junk food and not supportive... holy shiat that is just asking for failure.

EDIT: Ok that sounds like it applies to any type of fatloss / nutrition... but what I mean is that a recomp phase is usually longer than a typical cutting phase... the thing with a recomp is that there isn't much margin for error IMO
                Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-31-2006, 03:13 PM.

Comment

recomp can only be done when you are a master over your daily intake, supplementation, and activity level... Micromanage it over time and slowly the recomp will occur.
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Cal intake..

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    recomp can only be done when you are a master over your daily intake, supplementation, and activity level... Micromanage it over time and slowly the recomp will occur.
                    So say my maintenance cals are around 1800-1900; at the end of the week are you generally supposed to be back at maintenance. I am doing slight cal/carb cycling, and have been slowly increasing the cals... now aiming for:

off: 1700
                    cardio: 1800
                    lifting: 1900-2000
                    lifting + cardio: 2100

thoughts??

Comment

make bets with your friends.. seeing who can get the strongest in 60 days..90days... who can lose the most weight ... etc.. thatll motivate you to stick with it all too..

doing logs helps.. tho i always get tired of typing my stuff after awhile...when im at college its cool cos its a thing to do besides study.. but not over the summer..

as said above diet is the main part

if i had to rank it i would go like this:

1 - Diet
                      2 - Exercise Intensity
                      3 - Nutrition timing (diet around workouts, pre bed, etc.)
                      4 - Sleep/proper rest, recovery
                      5 - Supplementation (if desired)

for diet, this what I recommend..

Learn to love chicken, eggs, tuna, salmon, any other fish, steel cut oats/ground oats (not the quick cook kind), protein shakes (i can drink almost anyone === makes drinking beer easier too!), cottage cheese (good before bed),broccoli, celery, NATURAL peanut butter, fish oil, olive oil, coconut oil, any kind of lean meat (steak, ground chicken, turkey, ground beef etc), any fruits or veggies!, ALMONDS (yummy snack - a handful or 2 with water = great stomach filler), yogurt, whole grain breads/rice..

& learn to love drinking water, drink it all the time, same with green tea - its great, coffee too! but dont add sugar ... i kno people that dump like 12 bags of sugar into a cup of coffee/tea im like .. have fun in 5-10 yrs with that..

"people want simple answers. They want to be told what to do, to be spoon fed the truth. The truth? Shit. The truth is, the answers you need, the answers you want, aren’t gonna be easy to come by. There are no shortcuts. Asking someone else to tell you how many protein shakes you need or how many chicken breasts to eat isn’t gonna get the fucking job done. More to the point, once you think you found the answer, you can't let it become the final answer. You gotta constantly challenge what you know. "
                      Last edited by jiritt0; 08-01-2006, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Doing logs is definitely motivating… people can basically click on your log and scrutinize you like you’re standing on stage in your skimpies. I don’t want people laughing at me or thinking I’m a slacker, so even when I’m exhausted I choke down another meal, go to sleep when I’m not tired or eat something that tastes like shit.

Do it for yourself, but keep track of things and see if a log works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                          Doing logs is definitely motivating… people can basically click on your log and scrutinize you like you’re standing on stage in your skimpies. I don’t want people laughing at me or thinking I’m a slacker, so even when I’m exhausted I choke down another meal, go to sleep when I’m not tired or eat something that tastes like shit.

Do it for yourself, but keep track of things and see if a log works for you.
                          i'm trying to pressure myself with a log, it's been helping a little bit but i run out of time to write eit all up, feel free to check it out and laugh at my macho lifts, i think aznbabe benches more than me!
                          Ht: 6'1"
                          Wt: 200 lb.s
                          BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
                          17% (8/2/06)
                          Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
                          http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Comment

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
                            i think aznbabe benches more than me!
                            you thought wrongly sir

Comment

Working...
                            X