regarding cheat days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding cheat days

We all have them. We all look forward to them. But, as time has gone on, i have felt the need for less and less cheat days.

its pathetic, i look forward to saturdays or sundays to be my cheat day, and by the time they roll around, i cant bring myself to cheat properly anymore. i still eat extremely clean, and i only maybe up my cals by like 400 because i down a tub of cottage cheese.

is this happeneing or has this happened to anyone else? its frustrating, im beginning to NOT cheat because i feel too guilty if i eat horrible. (not to mention the sick feeling i get when i cheat)

maybe the black hole will help, but that still doesnt fix the psychological aspect of the cheat.

allot yourself 1 extremely big cheat meal...

go to a buffet and house it..

go to wendys and get ur fav meal w/ a potato and diet soda...

go out to eat n get that desert that you drool over everyday when your dieting!

Comment

yea, i tried that. i cant do it for some reason.

i have wanted to get a 12 inch meatball sub on buttery horrible for you garlic bread from subway.

i went to order it and instead i came out with a turkey wrap. pathetic.

or how bout this- my brother and i's graduation party on saturday. the best cheat food ever, pizza, cake, etc. the whole nine yards. i ended up splurging on tons of veggies from the tray and got a turkey sandwich on wheat. and no beer. o the irony.

i suppose its good im like that, but i feel like an idiot sometimes

Comment

Dude, think of it this way. When you’re as lean as you are now, your body will NEED cheat days to get even leaner. When you have 20% bf there’s a million things you can do to drop it. But once it gets really low, it becomes a science.

I looked at my diet (spent hours counting every macronutrient, et al) and I realized that it’s actually way too clean as well. I’ve been skipping cheat days and feeling no remorse, no desire to eat junk, and just neutral about the whole thing. But I realized one huge thing I’m missing from my diet is fat. With the way I train, it’s my understanding that saturated fat should still be taken in moderation, not completely cut out.

There’s a lot of good that can come of cheat days and it’s not just psychological reward. If you keep eating lean without throwing in some variation, it will probably hinder your progress at some point. I was pretty pessimistic about the idea abut when my bf % dropped and STAYED down after a bulk, it convinced me that eating clean 24/7 isn’t as beneficial as you’d think.

If you get the right mind set, you can definitely begin to enjoy cheat days again. I actually had a pretty huge cheat day yesterday and I feel absolutely excellent. It’s back to tuna, oats and dry chicken breasts for another week or so and I couldn’t care less

Comment

Cheat days are both a physically and psychologically beneficial activity WHEN and IF done properly. I think there is some fear in all of us that one really 'cheating' meal will lead to another, and then we'll destroy our progress. It takes more willpower to eat one bad meal than it does to eat a week of healthy meals. The key is to eat the meal and then forget about it. Don't fret over it, don't feel guilty about it, don't think twice about it.. eat it and move on.

SCT
          Back to the basics!

Comment

JD's daily word of advice;

cheat on your diet, not your woman.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              It takes more willpower to eat one bad meal than it does to eat a week of healthy meals. The key is to eat the meal and then forget about it.
              SCT

lol what? I call bs on that one i'm sorry bro
              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries

not for me. thats why i started this thread lol

Comment

yeah I have problems with cheating too..it is probably because I've already formed clean eating habits, my cheats are basically my meals, just bigger portions. I honestly can't bring myself to eat a donut laden with sugar and fat

I think I've developed this mentality of what foods I am allowed or not allowed to eat. For example, I will be able to eat a few hundred cals of nuts because they have "healthy fats" but I won't eat a 100cal chocolate bar bar
                  *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                    yeah I have problems with cheating too..it is probably because I've already formed clean eating habits, my cheats are basically my meals, just bigger portions. I honestly can't bring myself to eat a donut laden with sugar and fat

I think I've developed this mentality of what foods I am allowed or not allowed to eat. For example, I will be able to eat a few hundred cals of nuts because they have "healthy fats" but I won't eat a 100cal chocolate bar bar
                    *shrugs*

chocolate BAR BAR? goo goo gah gah?
                    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                      I am with sweet cheeks on this one.

so many things can influence you to cheat on your diet. I.E. family, friends, time to prepare foods, not having any food to prepare blah blah.
                      If you know how to manipulate your ratio's for your meals when you eat out then your golden "sometimes". eating clean is harder to do than not if it was easier to eat clean then dont you think more people would be enourmous because the whole dieting being 80% of bodybuilding wouldnt even be a factor.

Also im tired of people asking me( im not even a big guy) for "the secret"(eating right and eating clean) cause when i give it to them they always say oh man i cant do that.

Comment

Originally posted by bis

Also im tired of people asking me( im not even a big guy) for "the secret"(eating right and eating clean) cause when i give it to them they always say oh man i cant do that.

Touche

Comment

people make fun of me at work cos every night at 630 pm and 945pm i eat a big ol chicken breast than consume a handful or two of almonds.. lol

i usually wait til noone is around to take my cla/sesamine/nac and 2 spoonfulls of PB lol

Comment

on a side note, I am thinking of not cheating at all, save for the times I actually have to... like outings and parties etc... which may be twice a week, or twice a month or whatever... is that a good idea?

I have a boatload of 21st birthdays coming up and I would feel like such a dog to eat my meal at home, rock up late after dinner and make some lame excuse to leave early so I can work out the next morning They certainly won't be impressed if I tell them my workout is more important than their birthday bash

Comment

heres my saturday so far:

woke up, took pre workout supps, worked out

1 oat bran flax blueberry muffin
                              2 pieces whole grain toast loaded with olive oil butter
                              2 scoops PB
                              my power breakfast (3/4 cup oats, 1 egg, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp flax seeds)

i did NOT take black hole prior. im saving that for dinner tonight :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X