Rehabing with PW-L, GM , WF and BU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehabing with PW-L, GM , WF and BU

Well after the good news of no perm. shoulder and forearm damage, I am going to rehab my shoulder impingement and bilat. tennis elbows. The elbows are already 50-75% better with just stretching exercises. Going to do rotator cuff exercises on cables and of course mucho cardio. Today I started 2 a days. Hit AM cardio for 40 minutes on treadmill. It went a little like this.

5 min warm up
    10 minutes on level 15 hill at 3.2
    25 minutes HIIT 1 min run with 1 min walk
    5 minutes cool down

I worked up one heck of a sweat. Felt good. It was really hard work and had to really push the HIIT today. Looking forward to tonights cuff exercises.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Good workout this AM. Hit the cuff with abduction, adduction, push downs and raises with each arm at a 90* angle.

Abduction and adduction
    warm up 1x15x20
    working sets
    2x10x20
    1x10x30

Push downs and raises
    2x10x20

Also hit some light bb bench, wide/med grip pull downs, single arm cable rows and low pulls. Hit abs afte the weight session. Concentrated on lower abs today with v-ups 3x15xbw, roman chair 2x10xbw. Followed up with cardio on the treadmill. I mixed up hills and HIIT. Total HIIT 18 min. Total hills 17 minutes. HIIT was done on level 2 with a mixture of 1 min and 30 min sprints at variable speed. My conditioning has a long way to go but I am happy with my performance.

Comment

DAMN!!!!! That is all I could say after this AM's workout/cardio session. Today was wheel day but instead of hitting the iron I hit the bike. Spinning bike that is. And let me tell you even with PW on board it whooped my arce. I was soaking wet from head to toe. Felt exausted. Overall good workout!

Comment

Good workout this AM. Hit the cuff with abduction, adduction, push downs and raises with each arm at a 90* angle.

Abduction and adduction
        warm up 1x15x20
        working sets
        2x10x20
        1x10x30

Push downs and raises
        3x10x20

Then spent 30 minutes on treadmill at level 15 speed 3.4.

Comment

Woke up and hit the GM and BU. Then off to teh gym. Today was cardio and abs. Hit the treadmill for 40 minutes at 15 incline speed 3.0-3.5 with 5 min cool down period for a total of 45 minutes. Worked up a nice sweat and felt good afterwards. Then hit 5x15xbw crunches to end the session. Abs feel nice and tight. Over all good session. Had to cut the tread short due to blisters on feet. Oh well. This to shall pass.

Side note: PW-L was nice and refreshing.

Comment

Took today off from the gym. I figured if god can rest on the 7th day so can I. On a good note, I decided to weight myself this am and I am down 3lbs over the past 2 weeks. Went from 268 to 265. That is a good way to start the day. Last night my wife and I took our boy to see Kung Fu Panda and if you have not seen it yet....you need to! It is hilarious and a great movie for all ages. Go see it. You will like it.

Comment

Had a good session this am. Hit the cuff and cardio.

Abduction, adduction, raises and push downs
              warm up 1x15x20
              working sets
              1x10x20
              2x10x30

Had a little more strength this am so I upped the weight abit. The push downs give me the most trouble but I do notice the discomfort is not as bad.

Cardio was 30 min. on the treadmill with 5 min warm up on hills. 20 minutes of HIIT with 1 min. and 30 second jogs/sprints mixed up between sets. Finished off with 5 more min. of hills for cool down. Overall good session. Feeling happy with the way the cuff is progressing.

Comment

Got a late start this AM but all went well at the gym. Hit chest and obliques this am.

Warm-up
                BB Bench
                2x15x135
                Working sets. Kept it light due to shoulder rehab but was satisfied with the work.
                3x10x185

Hammer Strength Incline weight is per side not including machine
                3x10x70

HS Decline
                3x10x70

Flyes pec dec machine
                3x10x100

Obliques
                crunches on good morning apparatus
                2x15xbw each side
                Twist on cables supersetted with stomach vacuums
                3x10x70 each side with 3 sets of stomach vacuums.

Comment

This log is pretty cool. And I want to see Kung fu panda!!!

How did you hurt yourself???

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                    This log is pretty cool. And I want to see Kung fu panda!!!

How did you hurt yourself???
                    Thanks for stopping in and Kung Fu Panda is worth every penny spent.

As far as the injury goes the bilateral tennis elbow I first noticed doing skull crushers. Then when I went to the Hammer Strength preacher curls it really exacerbated and felt like like something was stretching almost to the breaking point.

The shoulder impingement, according to what my orthopod said, was due to my delts being stronger than what the rotator cuffs could handle. He said the delts were pulling the humeral head up into the shoulder joint and it was hitting some nerves and pinching the muscles. It got to the point were I could not do bb or db overhead presses due to shooting pain down my right arm to the lateral delt tie in. So, I am working on strenghting my cuffs. Things are coming along well. And I notice the pain is slowly going away.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
                      Thanks for stopping in and Kung Fu Panda is worth every penny spent.

As far as the injury goes the bilateral tennis elbow I first noticed doing skull crushers. Then when I went to the Hammer Strength preacher curls it really exacerbated and felt like like something was stretching almost to the breaking point.

The shoulder impingement, according to what my orthopod said, was due to my delts being stronger than what the rotator cuffs could handle. He said the delts were pulling the humeral head up into the shoulder joint and it was hitting some nerves and pinching the muscles. It got to the point were I could not do bb or db overhead presses due to shooting pain down my right arm to the lateral delt tie in. So, I am working on strenghting my cuffs. Things are coming along well. And I notice the pain is slowly going away.
                      I need to strengthen my rotator cuffs as well. I'll be following along!!!

Comment

Hit the gym after work yesterday. I only had 45 min. to workout before I had to pick my daughter up from gymnastics. Here is how back and cuff day proceded.

Close grip pull downs
                        2x15x100

Hammer Strength(HS) pull downs because all the lat bars were occupied.
                        1x10x90
                        2x10x100

Low pulls using close grip
                        1x10x160
                        1x10x180
                        1x10x200

HS bb pulls
                        1x10x90
                        2x10x100

HS one are pulls/lawnmower grip
                        3x10x100

back ext.
                        1x10x60
                        2x10x100

Rotator cuff adduction and abbduction
                        1x15x20
                        2x10x30

Then I moved to raises and push downs. Had to stop after 1 set of each because the cuff was not tolerating it at all. Had some discomfort on both lifts so I erred on the side of caution and said "Self. We do not need any more damage done."

On a side note. I have not worked out in the evenings for some time now and I remember why. Gym was to packed and having to weight for people to finish up their sets really sucks! Took today off for resting period. I am in the middle of a 13 day stretch so I decided to sleep in today. Tennis elbows felt better than expected. No real stress while doing the bb rows.

Comment

Today was light arm day with some ab work and a 20 min. stroll on the elliptical runner. Kept the weight down due to the tennis elbows.

Warm up
                          straight bar cable curls and cable skull crushers with rope

Working sets...All sets were done on machines. I taking my time getting back to dumbells to ease the stress on the forearms.

EZ bar curls followed by cable skull crushers with rope
                          Straight bar push downs followed by single arm curls
                          Kick backs followed by overhead single arm curls.
                          3x10 each.

Abs
                          I used the machine were you do sit ups in an upright position.
                          3x15x50

Followed all this up with 20 minute stroll on the elliptical runner and 5 min. in the dry sauna. Elbows are feeling a bit stiff along with my knees but these to shall pass. Tomorrow will be cuff rehab and cardio. Later.

Comment

Woke up late this am so only had enough time to do cuff exercises.

Abbduction and adduction went like this
                            warm up
                            1x15x10

Working sets
                            1x12x20
                            1x12x30
                            1x10x30

Push downs and pull ups
                            warm up
                            1x15x10

1x10x20
                            then push downs 2x10x30 super setted with pull ups 2x10x20.

Shoulders felt nice and full after compeletion of the exercises. I then had about 10 min. to kill so I sat in the sauna and chilled or so to speak. Tomorrow will be an off day and wheels will be done on Monday. The 17 hr days are killing me. Now onto a PW note. I am about 2-4 workouts away from finally empting the tub of PW-L. My next PW purchase will be for the grape flavor. Between PW, GM and WF I am about tired of lemonade.

Comment

Had an interesting leg day today. Ever since I did that spinning class 1.5 weeks ago my knees have been stiff and sore. So, I decided to do legs today and here is how it went.

Warm up
                              treadmill for 10 minutes
                              leg raisis 2x15x70
                              seated leg curls 2x15x70

Working sets
                              Started off with leg press. Started light and went to med. weight but after 4 sets I noticed it was getting really sore with intermittant sharp pain so I opted out of heavy sets and went to circuit training with light weight and got a really good burn.

Leg press
                              1x10x410
                              1x10x500
                              2x10x590 this is were the stiffness and soreness really kicked in.

Standing calf raisies
                              1x15x60
                              3x10x100 after the 1st set in this the right knee felt swole but not in a good way.

Circuit training
                              Seated leg curls, then bent legged calf raises followed by leg raises. Giant sets used with 1 min rest in between each sets. Here is the weight used

Seated leg curls
                              2x10x130
                              final set 1x15x130

Bent legged calf raises
                              2x10x200
                              final set 1x15x180

Seated leg raises
                              2x10x110
                              final set 1x15x110

Hit lower abs to polish things off
                              leg raises gainted setted with reverse crunches giant setted by combo leg lifts and reverse crunches
                              1x5xbw, 1x5xbw and 1x5xbw for 3 sets.
                              V-ups
                              2x15xbw

Hit the bike for a 10 min easy ride to loosed the legs up. Finally spent 20 minutes in the sauna to top it off. Currently the right knee is stiff with minimal soreness.

Comment

Working...
                              X