No announcement yet.

No more Acid, REDuction sponsored log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Acid, REDuction sponsored log!

This is going to be my sponsored log for REDuction! I want to take this opportunity to thank the controlled labs team for giving me this opportunity. I hope I can do them justice!

Introduction
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 174
    Body Type:

I've never been in great shape throughout my life. I was skinny up until I was about 15-16, then I was "skinny fat" until about age 21 when I started working out... I never had much of a clue with regards to diet etc, but once I found BB.com that changed.

For the last month I've been on the Cut Diet, supplementing with Red Acid and Lean Xtreme. I had great results (I would like to think) Loosing nearly 10 pounds in 1 month, I don't think I lost much muscle mass, the weights seemed about the same or went up a little bit. My "after" pic will be my starting pic for this log as I just took it today (as my RA/LX ended)

The REDuction that I recieved today was actually from the presale, the one for the sponsored log should be on its way, I would assume I could just swap these in its place.

Diet
    For the cut diet I am on an 1800cal diet, with 42protein/18fat for each of the 6 meals. I then toss in about 3 cups of veggies throughout the day

First Impressions
    - Interesting to see they are pills, much like Orange Triad, I would assume this is so its a time release?

- I took my first AM dose about an hour after my breakfast, and set to work cleaning up the garage (today is actually a day off). I was rocking to some tunes so the time seemed to go by quite quickly. Its not what I normally do, so to be honest I found it tought to judge its effects. Tomorrow should be much easier as i will take it during my normal "work" day.

- I never have much troubles sleeping, I usally fall asleep within 5-10 minutes, so it'll be interesting to see how the PM complex works.

I have about 1.5 months until I am going on a house-boating trip with a lot of girls, so thats going to provide me with the motivation I need!

Hmm... I think thats it for now ,let me know if i've missed anything you want to know. I'll layout my workouts as I go through them, but if you are familiar with the Cut diet, I am following that.

Wish me luck!
    Attached Files

Just a quick update.. had the PM pills at about 10:00pm last night, waited about 40mins had my prebed shake, then hit the sack. I would say I was slightly more tired than usual, but I had a long day of cleaning, and that usually does it for me.

To be honest, my sleep wasn't very good, I kept tossing and turning, which is quite out of the ordinary for me. I did have a few things on my mind, so that could have been it. I woke up quite refreshed though, which is a nice change.

woke up at 6:00am, had the AM pills, and then had some breakfast at about 6:15.. the directions says to wait 30mins, but I can't really do that before breakfast, would this be a problem?

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, + 1 scoop Team Skip (from trueprotein 33%wpi 33%egg 33%casien) + 2 orange triad.

On the bus to work I was wide awake, I am normally falling asleep so I think the AM pills are doing their thing!

Comment

I noticed the same thing on my way to work. And I'm not a morning person.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Day 1 review

Ok here is how the full day went down..

6:00am - 2 am reduction upon waking

6:15am - 3 eggs + 2 orange traid + 1 scoop team skip protein

On the way to work felt noticebly more alert, good stuff!

9:15am - 2 scoops protein + 18 almonds

12:00pm - 2 slices pizza + 2 orange triad.. now let me explain this I had a 2 hour lunch meeting where they said they were providing lunch. Its almost ALWAYS sandwhiches etc, so I thought i'd be fine. However it was pizza today, which I wasn't too happy about. So I had the choice of not eating for 5 hours, or having 2 slices of pizza... I think that was the better choice?

3pm - 2 scoops protein + 18 almonds

6:00pm - Gym Time!
        During my workout I sip on the following:
        - 1 scoop green mag
        - 2 scoops purple wraath
        - 1 scoop wpi <-- i got this free with my last protein order so I thought it'd try this out.

All notation is in the weight/reps/reps/reps/etc format.
        Straight Leg Deadlifts - 185/6/6/6/4/3
        felt like I could have done more, but my grip was giving out on me.

Chinups (palms towards eachother) - 6/5/4/3/3
        This is my new favorite exercise, as for the longest time I could never do unassisted chinups, now that I can, i love em!

Barbell Shrugs - 185/8/8/8/7/6
        I recently noticed that I was using my legs to help initially, so I'm really trying to stop that...

Seated Rows - 125/7/5/5/5/4

Plate Shrugs (45 in each hand) - 12/12/10/9/8
        I cut my rest time here quite a bit shorter as this weight is a bit lighter, and I wanted to get on to cardio which is not my favorite!

Cardio - Spent 30mins on th eliptical, had my HR at about 150 the whole time

After this workout I was bagged, but in a good way!

8pm (post workout) - 2 scoops protein, 1 orange triad, 2 tablespoons PB

9pm - Small chicken breast with almonds + 1 orange triad

10pm - took the pm dose of the REDuction, and sat down to watch some TV, just downloaded The 4400, kind of an interesting show about time travel, not sure if i've made up my mind on it

11:30pm - got a bit carried away watching the show as the premier was 1.5hrs, at this point I was definatley tired (not unusual), but I also felt more relaxed, or calm, which I would assume has to do with the REDuction. Will be interesting to see how the PM portion effects me as the nights go on...

Thats it for now. I'll update tomorrow with what goes down today! Let me know if i'm missing out on anything you'd like to know.
        Last edited by seanhs; 05-14-2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Day 2 review

Okay on to day 2!

6am - 2 AM pills

6:15am - 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 orange triad

On the way to work I again felt awake, not wired, but awake/alert

9:15am - 2 scoops protein, 18 almonds

12pm - had a spinach/chicken salad, 2 orange triad

felt a bit groggy after lunch, so had a couple of cups of coffee to perk me up!

3pm - 2 scoops protein, 18 almonds

6pm - Workout! Had the usual intra-workout shake (see above) Had to make it a bit of a quick one, as I had a bunch of running around to do, but managed to get in 30mins of cardio, nothing super intense, but did get the heart rate up (bike)

7pm - Steak, 2 orange triad! mmmm had some steak marinating for a few days, so cooked that up, was awsome, hadn't had steak
          for a while

10pm - 2 pm pills. Had the two pills and sat down to watch some tv again.. I'm finding with the black pills I feel more calm/relaxed than sleepy

11pm - 2 scoops protein, scoop of PB

11:15 - bedtime!

Overall a pretty standard day as far as nutrition goes, I have a feeling that I'll be needing to drop my cals by a bit soon, as I've been loosing steadilly for a month or so, not sure if I really what to drop any more weight, but more just drop the fat / gain muscle, if possible!

Comment

Day 3

On to day 3, so far so good!

6:00am - 2 reduction

6:15am - 3 eggs + 1 scoop protein + 2 orange triad

Again, much more aleart on the way to work, although not wired.

9:15 - 2 scoops protein + 18 almonds

12pm - chicken salad, mmmm, loaded it with a ton of chicken. Its great being able to build your own salad and having fresh chicken for it.

3pm - 2 scoop protein + 18 almonds

6pm - small chicken breast + almonds

8pm - Gym Time! Got to the gym a little late due to errands, so I thought I'd throw in a day of just core. Didn't record my reps etc, but did the following until failure.

- Leg Raise
            - Decline situps
            - Side bends
            - front/side bridges

It was nice to switch it up and just to core for a change..

9:15 - Sludge! For those of you who don't know what it is, I got the idea from the scivation people, its basically 2 scoops protein + peanut butter, mixed with water to form a sludge like consistancey, tastes great, and seems like a cheat meal!

10:45pm - 2 reduction (pm)

11:15 - bedtime! I was actually planning on staying up a bit later, but got too tired!

Nothing too crazy today, tomorrow is friday, so I'm going to try and skip out of work early, and head to the gym. Just don't tell my boss.

Comment

Day 4

6:00am - woke up and had 2 am reduction

6:25 - for some reason I was a bit late today so I didn't have time to make any eggs. Ended up having my usual shake + almonds, with 2 orange triad

was a little bit drowsy on the way to work, but nothing like I usually am (ie I wasn't sleeping!)

9-10am seemed a little hungrier than normal, so I started my shake + almonds a bit earlier and finished over an hour.

12pm - It was super nice out 28 degrees celsius so I grabbed my chicken salad + triad (for some reason I never get tired of it!) with some friends and sat outside watching the ladies run by on their afternoon jogs... Gave me some more motivation for the workout to come!

3pm - Had the shake + almonds again.. haha i'm going through a ton of almonds these days, I should start buying them in 10 pounds lots.

Ran away from work when the boss wasn't looking, there was no way I'm staying in the office when its so damn nice out. screw that!

5pm - Got to the gym a bit earlier which was nice, as I new it'd be a longer session, being the last round of "phase 1" of the cut diet training routine, so I'm doing 5 sets per exercise (5 exercises) plus 30 mins cardio.

Had my normal intra workout shake with (GM,PW,WPI) but made it the night before so it was nice a cold. mmmmmm. Its actualyl a pretty good mix, got the lemon of both GM/PW and fruit punch for the wpi, so its quite taste, albiet slightly sweet.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get some good water bottles online? Not sure about the states, but they banned those Nalgene (sp?) bottles here because they apparently cause cancer.. can't find a good sized one with a nice big opening.. *Reps for whoever does!* hahah.

ANyways, on to the workout. I noticed some my numbers are slipping slightly (especially my bench) but i'm not too worried.. my deadlifts are going up though!

Bench Press: 165/6/4/3/3 I think this is going down more than I wanted because I don't have a spotter anymore so I'm typically leaving 2 reps or so in the tank...

Incline DB Bench: 100/7/6/6/4/4 I'm actually going up in reps on this, so hopefully thats making up for my bench going down!

Machine Fly's: 150/5/5/5/4/4

Military Press: 80/6/5/4/3/3 I was getting super tired here so this suffered a bit..

Lateral Raise: 30/5/4/4/3

I was absolutley done by the end of it, but still had 30 mins of cardio to do... I think having this intraworkout shake really helps get me through some of this...

Did 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical bike, had my HR going about 145 on average

After stretching , I had been in the gym for about 1hr 45mins so quite a bit longer than I had hoped, but I think thats just the volume required for the last week of this phase..

7pm - Post workout Shake + peanut butter + 1 orange triad.

Ended up watching a flick with some friends (before the devil knows you are dead).. had a good premise/ interesting way of telling the story, but I found it a bit slow... oh well...

1:30am - 2 pm reduction

2am - Bedtime shake... Didn't have anything pressing to do the next morning, so had a bit sleep it. Although it's my buddies birthday, so there is going to be a fairly large cheat I think (with drinking) I'm going to try to keep it in moderation (which will be tough!)... Going to try and stick to the vodka tonic's / vodka press kinda thing.

That's it... for now!

Comment

Day 5 & 6

Doing both days here as my day 6 was off, so it wasn't too exciting!

Day 5

11:00am - 2 reduction AM

11:30am - 3 eggs, 1 scoop protein, 2 orange triad

1:30 - Gym, Today was cardio + core day. did 5 sets of hanging leg raises, as I get more control with these I am trying to go really slow as I find that seems more effective. After that hit up 5 sets of decline. Was a fairly steep decline, and by the end of it I only did a set of 4, so I was quite tired.

Hopped on the eliptical for 30 mins, I'd say my heart rate was ata bout 140+ on average. Nothing to special about this workout, quick and dirty i guess.

2:45 - Shake With PB + 2 orange triad

5:45 - shake + almonds

7:30 - had the first bbq of the season for a friends bday, so I had a massive steak and salad + 2 orange triad mmm.. the bad part was there was booze along with it..

After dinner had some more drinks with friends before heading out to the bar. It was awsome, they had a putting contest at the club (on the stage) to win a maxim golf threesome trip, I guess I must have putted well enough because I qualifed for the final drawing! cross your fingers that I win this

Day 6: well I certainly wasn't feeling so hot today, but I guess thats the price you pay for going out! Did a lot of sitting and watching movies, was hungry at all so I pretty much just had shakes + orange triad all day long. Back on the horse for monday!

Comment

Day 7

11:00am - had the day off work so I slept in! Had 2 am reduction right when I woke up

11:30 - 3 eggs + 1 scoop protein, 2 orange triad.

1:30 GYM! - Well back at the gym for LEGS day.. I recently(ish) switched to having a dedicated leg day vs. doing some leg exercise each time, i prefer this much better. I find I can put much more effort into it for some reason, perhaps because I am more mentally prepared! Just another quick note, even if I don't note it specifically i always have 1 scoop GM, 2pw, 1scoop wpi.

My legs have always been a problem for me, i"ll admit for my first few uniformed years I didn't do really any legs... then when I started doing legs, I didn't do squats, then when I started doing squats I didn't go down nearly far enough! Now I"m going just below parallel, but I still find it tough. I think is also a mental/physical thing as I have dislocated BOTH of my knee's. booo.

ANYWAYS, onto the workout

Squats - 100/6/6/6/6/4 <-- told you they were weak! Felt good today though, nice and stable going down. Got a bit dizy once, I think I have to focus on my breathing more!

Deadlift - 186/6/6/6/4/4, might have been able to get more but my grip keeps giving out on me for these.

Leg Press - 230/6/6/6/6/3 , was pretty much toast after this, but forged ahead..

Leg extension - 175/6/6/6/6/5

Hamstring Curl - 90/8/8/8/7/6

I was going to do some cardio afterwards, but I could barely walk properly, and didn't really want to over do it on my legs...

3:00 - 2scoops protein + 2scoops PB mmmmmm + 2 orange triad

6:00pm - 2 extra lean beef burgers, 1 orange traid

9:30 - SLUDGE! (2scoops protein, PB, and a tiny bit of water) + 1 traid

10:45 2 pm reduction. I'll have to admit that I don't notice too much from the pm formula, I'm always a deep sleeper, and I fall asleep quickly, so maybe thats why?

11:00 - bedtime!

until next time.

Comment

Day 8

6am - 2 am reduction

6:20 - 3 eggs + 1 scoop protein, + 2 orange traid

felt alertish on the way to work, nothing to crazy though

9:30 - 2 scoops protein, 18almonds

12:00 - chicken salad + 2 orange triad... i've been having this a lot recently, but for some reason i'm not getting tired of it, which is wierd! oh well..

3:00pm - 2scoops protein, 18 almonds

5:45 - Gym... cardio day today, but I had some serious DOMS from leg day going on, so I did a couple of core exercises, then hit up the bike for 30 mins... didn't go too hard though as I didn't want to make my legs any worse!

on a side note, i'm getting a little tired of my normal core routine (normally leg raises/decline situps) any suggestions?

7pm - 1 chicken breast, some carrots, and 1 orange triad

10:30 - 2 pm reduction

11:00 - 2 scoops protein w/ PB.. + 1 orange triad

11:05 - bedtime!

Sometimes if I have time i'll break up my triad doses just for fun. Might start doing 1-1-1-1-1-1 or something like that, i haven't noticed a difference with the diff dosing schemes, but i feel like it'll be more effective the more you spread it out...

Ugggg - woke up today to write this day 8 review, and have a sore throat, headache and stuffy nose! dammit. I had to take today off anyways (going house hunting) so i suppose its not a *bad* time... hopefully it'll be just a quick thing and i'll be back at the gym tomorrow..

Comment

Day 9 & 10

Well as I had mentioned before for these two days I was feeling quite sick (sinus, coughing, etc.) so I didn't go to the gym, my appetite was also shot so I stuck mostley to shakes. The days were actually exactly the same as far as meals go (timing was +/- 30mins of eachother), so I'm going to post them together, instead of boring you all with two carbon coppies! The good news is today(day 11, friday) as I write these updates I feel much better, and am eager to hit the gym (even though i'm not quite 100%).. I though it was going to get MUCH worse, perhaps it was the OT that saved me?

6am - 2 reduction am

6:15 - 2 scoops protein, 15 almonds, 2 orange triad

9:15 - 2 scoops protein, 15 almonds

12pm - chicken/spinach salad + 2 orange triad

3pm - 2 scoops protein, 15 almonds

6:15pm - 2 extra lean patties + 2 orange triad (second day it was one patty + 1 scoop protein)

10pm - 2 pm reduction

11pm - 2 scoops protein + spoonfull of PB

Sorry for not being to exciting these days, but today (day 11) should hopefully be much better.

Comment

FINAL REVIEW! Check it out at BB.COM! Thanks so much CL!
                        http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post178026011

Comment

Working...
                        X