Your thoughts on this product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on this product

I'm looking to finally purchase a bodyfat caliper. I found this one on bb.com...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/fattrack.html

What are your opinions on this? I'm a little concerned on it's accuracy since it's digital.

I dont think they are accurate IMO. I was told by people that they are in accurate because for me, there is more skin on my belly then on my arms and back. Thats just what they told me. I want to know what my BF% is though really bad. People say im about 5-7% but I donno. I wanna know for myself. If you want to buy it then buy it, you only live once.
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
      I dont think they are accurate IMO. I was told by people that they are in accurate because for me, there is more skin on my belly then on my arms and back. Thats just what they told me. I want to know what my BF% is though really bad. People say im about 5-7% but I donno. I wanna know for myself. If you want to buy it then buy it, you only live once.

Well theres also this one....
      http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/accu.html

I'd think this one would be more acurate, but just wanted to get others opinions on the digital one.

Comment

Well dont listen to me man lol. Im just a teen.
        i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
          Well theres also this one....
          http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/accu.html

I'd think this one would be more acurate, but just wanted to get others opinions on the digital one.
          id buy that one.. i did.. now i just need to use it.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            id buy that one.. i did.. now i just need to use it.. lol

lol...so you don't really trust the digital one either?

Comment

not worth the extra money

Comment

they are accurate when you get good at them , i remember reading about a college professer you ran the sports med program doing over 10k and he said you dont get good till you have done it over a 100 times

alexrux you should use an online site to see what your bf really is
                just measure your waist and neck
                then google bodyfat navy and bam enter it in
                its pretty accurate
                Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Doing a caliper test definately takes practice to make even those most expensive ones reliable. Also, taking your own BF %'s is not really advised if you're looking for dead-on results.

However, as long as you're consistant in your measurements you will be able to reliably track your progress. Even if your results say you went from 7% to 2.5%, as long as you were consistant you still lost 4.5%

My personal opinion is forget the caliper and do multipoint tape measurements. It's cheap and easy to do yourself.
                  www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                  Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

/\ i agree completely
                    i even feel the tape is a better tool then knowing your bf,
                    if you use just a tape once every two weeks to measure neck chest arms waist legs calves hips , you will know excatly what is going on with your body
                    you will be able to tell where your gains are good , wheather you are gaining too much fat and so on

Comment

none of these things are accurate.
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

i cant remember the artcle i read but it was covering a guy doing all the 3 major types
                        caliper
                        eletro
                        hydro
                        and they were all with in 2-3% of eachother
                        so i guess it dpends on how concerned you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                          none of these things are accurate.
                          what do you use then?

Comment

what i measure is the difference between this measurement vs. last measurement..

make sure you get the same person to measure it and mark the spots you measure so you measure the exact places everytime to eliminate errors.. well, not eliminate them, just lessen them..
                            www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                              what i measure is the difference between this measurement vs. last measurement..

make sure you get the same person to measure it and mark the spots you measure so you measure the exact places everytime to eliminate errors.. well, not eliminate them, just lessen them..

so you just take neck, chest, waist, etc. measurements and compare? you don't test bodyfat?

Comment

Working...
                              X