1st Log, first time supplement user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Log, first time supplement user.

User . . . It sounds so . . . icky. LOL! Oh well, there are a lot of negative connotations in everything that people who push thier limitations do.

Anyway . . .

I am Matt, AKA The Beave. I am a 28 year old fat geek in the Army. I am currently on my second deployment in Iraq, and it will be my last, at least as far as I am concerned. I am currently, according to the digital scale in the gym that I just went to, 244lbs. I am not too concerned about my weight. I am concerned, however, about the fact that I am a fat bastard. I have a slow metabolism and a large appetite. I am not weak, though, and some things I can do are decidedly above average. More on that later.

Why am I starting a log? Well, mostly accountability. That is really the biggest thing I lack, as I am a rationalizing nincompoop, and if left to my own devices, I only have a limited amount of self-discipline. One of the valuable lessons that the Army has taught me is that a team can succeed where an indivudual will most likely fail. And, I need a butt kicking and some good advice occasionally. One of the reasons why I was drawn to CL was the fact that in my research of CL's products, there are very vocal and maybe more importantly consistently involved proponents encouraging people to push thier limits, recover from failures, and attain thier goals. I tend to like people and environments like that.

Things I am good at:
    -Research (Duh, I found CL products!)
    -My job (Welder+, more later)
    -Talking

Things I am NOT good at:
    -Figuring out what to eat with the . . . limited menu available to me
    -keeping abrest of the repidly expanding available knowledge (I can find what I need if I know what I am looking for, but if I have no idea what I am looking for, well, duh!)
    -Sticking with a dietary plan/workout regimin AFTER deployment

What motivates The Beave? (Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. It is fun. See signature for explaination.)
    I ahve come to the concusion that weight training should be the core for my lifetime fitness plan. I am sick of being squishy. I want to fix all the nagging injuries that hamper my well-being. I want to be one of those freak old dudes hang-gliding and cliff diving around the world in his 90s. I want to beat my genetics that say I have to be fat, slow, and like it. I would actually like to not be one of the growing population of growing people (fat-wise). I want to prove to myself that yes, I can make a healthy lifestyle something I can stand long enough to make it a life-long set of goals. Etc.

Where I am:
    I am 5'10", 244lbs. Bodyfat percentage: Ew.

I lift 3 days a week. I currently hate cardio due to various ankle injuries, the latest of which has left me wit a right ankle that does not like running. My toes go numb after ~15 minutes on the eliptical . . . Yech. I decided to just suck it up and start doing cardio at night after work. I currently work a steady schedule, but that is subject to change, as, well, I R in the Army, and if something has to be done, it has to be done. For this reason I lift in the morning, generally Monday, Wednesday and Friday, depending on if the 'tards in charge decide to close of the weights/b-ball court for a 'tarded ceremony (only a few of them are not retarded). I will also be adding as much cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as my ankles/whatever can stand, and also more nights as I get better. Eventually, I want to start doing wind sprints and shuttle runs, as I improve fairly quickly with those, but again, need to be cautions because most of my ankle injuries have come from basketball. (My first broken ankle and reeeeeeeally severe ankle sprains were from b-ball. I don't play anymore . . . )

Diet . . . Well, it's not the best. Since I am deployed, I get served a bunch of stuff that is just too gross to really mention (the worst, I think, looks like the fake Mexican't food, specifically the enchiladas). My breakfast is about the only thing that is fairly consistent. I have over-boiled oatmeal flavored with brown sugar (Yeah, whatever, you don't have to deal with this slop every day), raisins (if available), and mixed nuts. I also try to get at least 3 fresh eggs, if they are available. If not, I go for over-cooked or over-squishy turkey links. The fruits are actually usually fairly decent, and the last shipment of foods they got in included some good watermelon, pineapple, and marital problems (cantelopes). There are also usually some grapes, apples, pears, bananas, oranges, and even fresh whole mangos on occasion. (Yes, I know some of those are reeeeeeeally sugary, but I don't eat too many and, well, I need the frickin' carbs to get through the day, at least that's what I think. We'll see. heh) Overall, I think my breakfast, since it almost always the same, is the best for me meal of the day. Lunch USUALLY, but not always, consists of a roast beast sammich made with roast beast, whole wheat bread, and a slice of swiss, grilled Panini (sp?) style, with a salad of lettuce, tomatos and cukes. Dinner . . . Well, dinner usually sucks. There are wraps, but I get tired of sammich-type things after twice a day for weeks. There are usually very plain and over-cooked chicken breasts on the "healthy bar" section. If I get those, well, I douse them in worchestershire or hot sauce. I have a reeeeeeeally hard time not getting rice with that. I love rice. I dated a lovely Cantonese woman for a while and she told me that I was more of a "rice bucket" than she was. I really miss all those Cantonese expressions . . . I digress. Again. I did mention I like to talk, right? Anyway . . .

Supplementation:
    I am on my second week of CL products and ON 100% Gold Whey. In the mornings that I lift, I drink a mix of White Flood, Green Mag, and (one scoop of) Purple Wraath, with two Red Acid caps and two Vitamin C. Then I mix up another scoop of Purple Wraath for my intra-workout drink. Then, immediately after I get back to my tin box that I live in (not even 3 minutes from the gym), I mix up a shaker of Golden Finish. All in all, my total water intake up this this point (About 0700) is just under 3L. I go have my aforementioned breakfast after a quick shower and drink two more glasses of water. I get to work by 0900, work, while drinking green tea I brew in the (nasty) bottled water the Army produces. I finish a 1L bottle of green tea (unsweetened) before 1030, then I drink a protien shake (either 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream or chocolate mint) which is another most of a liter of water with that. I keep drinking another liter of tea until 1130 when I take my second dose of Red Acid, clean up, and get ready for lunch. I have been getting a take out box with my sammich and salad so I can go back to my tin box, eat, check my email, and maybe take a short rest. I won't say nap, as I never actually fall asleep, but it sure feels good to be off my feet. Before leaving for work, I throw another three scoops of protien in my shaker and head to work. I get there about 1300 (1 o'clock for the uninitiate), work until about 1530 (3:30) drinking another bottle of home-brew tea, then drink another shake and eat a peice of fruit (usually an apple, pear or banana). I finish with work about 1800 (6 o'clock), pick up or drop off my laundry (on foot), walk to the DFAC (Army for Dining Facility), get another to-go box with whatever is going to be din-din, then, and I hope this happens more often, I get changed, go to the gym, and do 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elliptical cooling down for 3 minutes. Afterwords, I am usually dripping, especially since the temperature is starting to hit tripple digits regularly. Eventually, it will stay above 100, even at night. As long as I stay on top of my water intake, I pee clear all day. I have read that it is especially important to drink a LOT of water when going for a high protien diet as water is necesary to metabolize protien and you can actually dehydrate from that. Aside from the cardio mornings, my routine doesn't change except that Sunday I usually have off, so I get to sleep in. I still wake up to take my Green Mag, then go back to sleep. Sundays are my whatever day, meaning I'll eat whatever. I don't try to pig out, but I will usually get a bag of Tostitos and salsa and gnosh on them throughout the day watching movies or surfing the interwebs.

Here is where I am currently at with my lifting workouts:
    Monday:
    Squats 10(sets)x3(reps)@315 rest in between sets: 70s

Superset One:
    Dips 4x6@BW
    Bent Over Rows 4x6@150
    60s rest between sets

Superset Two:
    Seated Dumbell Tricep Extensions 4x6@35
    Standing BB Curls 4x6@85
    60s rest between sets

Hanging Leg Raises

Notes on this workout: My left shoulder doesn't like skull crushers, so I am subbing the extensions, which make me feel like a retard. I need to add weights to my dips. Bodyweight doesn't cut it anymore. Hanging Leg raises feel gooooood on the traps after everything else.

Wednesday:
    DB Bench 10x3@80
    60s rest between sets

Superset One:
    Deadlift 4x6@315
    Standing Military BB Press 4x6@130
    60s rest between sets

Superset Two:
    Standing Calf (MOO!) Raises 4x6@405
    Upright Rows 4x6@105
    60s rest between sets

Tricep Pressdowns 4x6@315
    60s rest between sets

Notes: I have no spotter regularly available for me to to BB benching. I use and alternating grip for deadlifts. I am stll working on my form with these, so, I haven't upped the weight for a while. I can pick up a LOT more than that, but, well, I need to build my back up before I start doing heavier sets. I put my toes on a set of plates when I do calf raises. I am going to put more weight on Wednesday, but I don't think my traps are going to like that at all. I think I cheat the tricep pressdowns. Oh well.

Friday:
    Lat Pulldowns 10x3@170
    60s rest between sets

Superset One:
    Decline DB Press 4x6@85
    Standing Hammer curls 4x6@40
    60s rest between sets

Superset Two:
    Standing Calf Raises 4x6@405
    Leg Curl 4x6@70
    60s rest between sets

Weighted lunges 4x6@130 (two 65lb. DBs)

Notes: I HATE this workout. I really need a spotter to help me get into position on the decline bench. I am currently stuck at 85lbs. because I don't really dare flop into position with 90+ DBs on my chest. The standing calf raises are subbed in because the gym doesn't have a seated calf raise machine, and they don't have any 100lb. plates for the seated leg press, and the leg press machine only lets me put on . . . about 630lbs. That's not really enough for my calves as I had to do 4x20ish to feel anything. At least with me standing on the plates and doing the calf raises, I get to feel something! I think that the leg curls are light, but, well, they feel wierd and I really don't want to jack up my knees. I am taking it easy until I get used to them.

This morning (My monday workout), I had the most intense workout I've had in a loooooooong time. I blasted through the workout in about 55 minutes. I had to do the tricep extensions standing as all the benches were taken up by other . . . "lifters." (I'll be kind for now. I know I am not perfect, but, well, 20 reps with 10lbs isn't going to do much for anyone, especially week after month after month . . . )

I am amazed at how NOT sore I get. I think I lift pretty hard, and after a full days work, I am zapped. I should be waaaaaay more sore than I am. I really think that the CL stack is really kicking in after two weeks. I am looking forward to seeing if it gets even better. =)

Some questions, if anyone was brave enough to read through all this:

I need some healthy fats in my diet. What brands are recomended that I can order through BB.com (they have the fastest shipping to Iraq!)?

I need to streeeeeeeeetch. Does anyone have any links/books that outline a stretching program I can integrate into my workouts?

I need to work on my shoulders, not for aesthetics, but to make sure they don't get broken. can anyone recomend some excercises or an entirely seperate routine designed to promote shoulder strength and injury resistence?

And yeah, I like to talk/type. In case you didn't know. By now. Ok, I'm done for now.
    Not so obvious and ruthlessly odd.

I'm in for the duration.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

From double posts to no posts. ARG! I think this forum (software) hates me. LOL!

This morning, I woke up, mixed up some Green Mag and Purple Wraath, drank it, went to the gym and ran 1.5mi. at a 6MPH pace for a total of 15 minutes. I didn't get to hop on the elliptical as I had to go get ready for some silly Army crap.

I ate my regular breakfast, but forgot to take my first dose of Red Acid. I really suck at taking pills regularly. I need to get one of those pill-a-day things with seven compartments and load that up on Sunday. I can put that sucker on top of my keyboard, and, since I am ALWAYS checking on my computer, I can't help but notice it's time to take them!

I am going to be having 2-3 small slices of pizza for lunch today. It's pretty much mandatory. It's complicated as to why I can't refuse. *sighs* Shop politics is annoying. LOL! *shrugs* At least I am not planning on scarfing a whole pizza myself.

Yes, in case anyone is wondering, we have a Pizza Slut, Taco Hell, and Burger Thing on the base where I am deployed. Since September, I haven't purchased any food from any of those establishments. I have been given a few slices of pizza here and there. I avoid everything else. heh

Back to work . . .

Comment

I just got back from my evening cardio session:
        20 Minutes on the treadmill @ 6MPH
        10 Minutes @ level 10 on the eliptical
        3 minute cooldown

33 minutes of hell.

Had three slices of pizza for lunch, three beef kebobs and "vegetable medley" (broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower) which actually wasn't boiled/steamed to death, and two slices of watermelon. I actually drank a gatorade this afternoon, the first in a very long time as I generally consider them empty calories, but, I needed some carbs as I was working my butt off today. It was a full day of cutting, welding, grinding and fabricating the base of a heavy worktable.

I also got a lecture today on my fatness. Oh yay, like that is going to help, especially when it comes from a smarmy, I'm-smarter-than-thou douche-nozzle who KNOWS EVERYTHING. I am so done with the Army after this deployment . . .

Comment

Note to self:
          Mix the next days pre-workout drink BEFORE moisturizing one's self if one doesn't wish to resemble a powdered donut . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The_Beave
            Note to self:
            Mix the next days pre-workout drink BEFORE moisturizing one's self if one doesn't wish to resemble a powdered donut . . .

Comment

It is confirmed:
              Green Mag is an effective, but not overly harsh, laxative. 20-30 minutes after drinking green mag, I have to evacuate, but it isn't like colon blow or ODing on ex-lax. It's more along the lines of "Ok, gotta go take a dump now." I actually like it, because I know that I won't have to stop in the middle of my workout to use the bathroom, and, being regular is a healthy part of overall well-being. (Retarded commercial voice off)

AM workout:
              Drank my WF, GM, PW pre-WO mix, mixed up another scoop of PW for intra-workout, took a poo, then went to the gym.

Got tot he gym slightly later than normal (0605, I am usually there by six, but, well, I had to take a poo), blasted through another intense workout. I tried adding some weights (will be noted later). I had been resting a full minute in between parts of my supersets. I am cutting those rests out. It is a lot harder, but, I think it will be beneficial in the long run.

DB Bench Press: 4x3@85
              DB Bench Press: 6x3@80

Superset One:
              Deadlifts: 4x6@315
              Standing Military BB Press: 4x6@115

Superset Two:
              Standing Elevated (on plates) Calf Raises: 2x6@475 (I was pretty freaking wobbly after the deads, so, I dropped to
              2x6@405
              Upright Rows: 4x6@105 (And I really couldn't get any of these up to my chest, which sucked, but, well, there is always next week)

Tricep Pressdowns: 4x6@315

Cutting out the rest period on the supersets REALLY kept my heartrate up. I was sweating worse than some of the cardio bunnies by the time I was done.

*giggles* I don't think that the bar I used had ever seen quite so much weight. It will be nice if I can eventually squat that much.

I am typing this while sipping on my Golden Finish. Mmmmmmmmmm . . .

Comment

If the bathroom breaks become to much of a prob. then take 1/2 scoop pre and 1/2 scoop post workout.

Comment

I will keep that in mind, but for now, it's a help and not a hinderance, especially on my mid-week workout when I would rather not worry about pooping while I am deadlifting.

I decided to drop my protien shake to two scoops, especially since I usually have a piece of fruit with them. This morning, I had a banana and this afternoon I had an apple.

Lunch consisted of one chicken breast and lots of broccoli, with a lettuce, tomato and nukumber salad. The broccoli was overcooked. I really despise overcooked veggies!

I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill @ 6MPH (Two miles). The gym was pretty packed tonight, and just before I got off the treadmill, all the bikes and ellipticals became occupied. Blech.

Dinner was a small steak, one piece of fried catfish (some of the only decent fish available, and I know fried foods are bad), and another lettuce, tomato, and cuke salad.

I was ravenously hungry this afternoon. Much worse than normal. I am beat. I am going to get to sleep early and sleep in a weeble tomorrow morning, as all I am doing is about half an hour of cardio in the morning.

I am still searching for a good stretching routine I can incorperate into my workouts.

Comment

Today. Ech.

Woke up, pounded GM, PW, and RAG2, went to gym. Everything was pretty packed, so I hoped on a bike (I hate the recumbant type they have at the gym. I prefer the upright bikes, but, whatever.) Did 20 minutes at reistance level ten. No idea of what distance it was. I wasn't paying attention. I got pretty freaking hungry after this, though. I am thinking the RA is not working quite so well as an appetite suppressant for me.

Breakfast:
                    4 eggs, over easy
                    6 Turkey links
                    1/2 bowl of oatmeal, brown sugar and raisins on top
                    1 scoop Honey dew
                    3 small slices of watermellon
                    2 glasses of water

I was hungry an hour later. =(
                    AM Snack:
                    1 Protein shake (two scoops)
                    1 Apple

Lunch:
                    -Pork Stir-fry, no rice (that was HARD, I loooooooove rice)
                    -Salad (lettuce, tomahto, cukes)
                    -Corn and Lima Beans (The Army's version of Succotash)
                    3 (delicious) slices of watermelon

Again, I was ravenously hungry in an hour or so, but turned down double-stuffed oreos, M&Ms, and some other junk.

PM Snack:
                    1 two-scoop protien shake
                    1 Banana

Dinner/Supper/Evening consumption of (not so) mass qauntaties:
                    1 Roast beast sammich (wheat, three slices of roast beast, one slice of swiss), toasted
                    -Vegetable Medly, NOT overcooked, again! WOOO!
                    -1 Salad (lettuce, tomahtos, cukes)
                    -3 (delicous) slices of watermelon

No PM workout, as I had to go pee in a bottle for a "random" drug test. Random, as in "Hey, man, you have to pee tonight" for the 5th time straight. I think I have NOT been on a random drug test three times in the 4.5 years I have been in the Army. *shakes head* Heck, I know I am going to be on the next one as I am going to be going on leave soon. I'll have one as soon as I get back. heh Hooray for meat-gazers! (Oh, yeah, if'n you didn't know, you have to be observed peeing in a bottle to make sure you don't add anything to the sample.) Go ARMY!

I am going to take a shower and go to sleep. Tomorrow is my dreaded Friday workout. Blech. I need the sleep.

Going on vacation soon . . . Going on vacation soon . . .

Comment

Yesterday was a pretty good disaster. I am seriously impressed with what I am taking. If I had not been taking the stack I am, I am sure I would not want to move at all today.
                      Yesterday:
                      GM, PW, WF pre-workout as normal, PW intra, GF post.

Lat pull downs: 5x3@175, 5x3@170

Superset One:
                      Decline DB Press: 2x6@85, 2x6@80
                      Standing Hammer Curl: 4x6@40 (I am going to try to bump this up to 45 next week)

Superset Two:
                      Standing Calf Raises: 4x6@435
                      Ham curls: 4x6@80

Weighted Lunges: 4x6@130, which I might try to bump up to 140 if my forearms will allow it.

Missed breafast, so I gulped down a quick 3-scoop protien shake. Forgot my shaker, so no AM snack. ARG! I was so hungry. I figured not eating a couple of muffins (Otis Spunkmeyer Apple-cinnamon) was worse than just not eating, so I didn't eat anything in the AM. Lunch was beef and veggetable curry on top of rice (yeah, bad me, I got rice), a lettuce, tomato, cuke salad, and three slices of watermelon.

My PM snack was a shake, an apple, and 4 pieces of beef jerky (I LOVE JERKY!), and NOT double stuffed Oreos and handfulls of cinnamon Life cereal, so, I am fairly proud of myself for abstaining from junk at work. Care packages are always full of stuff I shouldn't eat, so I give most of it away to less discriminate eaters, which they greatly appreciate and leeps me on track.

Dinner was pretty sucktastic: a nasty piece of trout, one overcooked AND bland chicken breast, my standard salad, and "stewed veggetables" which amounted to all the left over vegetables of the day jumbled together and boiled to death with some spices, and, it actually wasn't as horrible as it sounds.

My PM snack was two tangerines and four spoonfulls of peanut butter. I probably shouldn't have had four, but, whatever.

The biggest reason why I REEEEEEALLY like the CL products I am taking is that I am NOT completely, to-the-bone sore this morning, even with my less than stellar dietary day yeterday after a pretty brutal workout. I shouldn't want to walk, let alone go to work and chuck around metal all day in the heat. (Although, it has actually been rather nice for a few days, temperature wise.) It's really good stuff, I tell ya! =) The hard part is going to be going home and working out with friends without the same support! LOL! Oh well, I'll survive.

This morning I slept in a bit. I woke up just before my alarm, as I had to pee so bad the my kidneys hurt! Sometimes bieng hydrated SUCKS!

For breakfast I had my slop (overcooked oatmeal) with brown sugar and raisins, canned pineapple, fresh cantelope, a small bunch of big grapes, three eggs and 4 turkey links.

A good start to the day. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow . . .

Comment

You will find that PW will help in long term recovery along with the GFH. Keep up the solid work!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

AAAAAARG! I had trouble getting my shirt off tonight. DARN YOU CONTROLLED LABS! I DON'T WANT TO BUY MORE SHIRTS!

Ahem.

The management would like to appologize for the previous statement. The writer of the statement has been heavily sedated and drug out back to the garden to be made into fertilizer. We will endeavor in the future to limit such outbursts. Now back to your regularly scheduled log . . .

The past few days have been a disaster as far as schedules go. A stupid bomb, babysitting Iraqis, and all around mayhem have . . . interfered with my regular retardedness. heh

Sunday was my whatever day. I still downed my Green Mag. I think out of all the CL products I have tasted so far, I like GM the best. There is something that just hits the spot when I drink it down. Actually, I sip it to savor the flavor. =)

Monday started off with a dumb mistake and ended with some very inconsiderate schmucks ruining my bedtime! Sunday night I simply forgot to set my alarm clock back to 0520. I woke up just in time to not be able to make it to the DFAC (Dining Facility). Anyone ever listen to Dane Cook? It was pretty much exactly like he described: I knew I woke up late, looked at the clock, and started grumbling. LOL! I had a protein shake to start the day, which wasn't so bad, but I forgot my shaker in the morning, so didn't have my mid morning shake. Lunch was a sammich and salad. The afternoon was pretty busy so I downed my afternoon shake late, had a pear, and got in a good dinner of a chicken breast, some (not so good) trout, veggies, and a salad. My evening's scheduled was interupted by some friggin' bunker time due to inconsiderate jack-tards wanting to blow each other up. I didn't get to sleep until laaaate, so I just slept in this morning. I made it to breakfast and had my standard three eggs, oatmeal mush with brown sugar and very few raisins (I got the last half serving spoonful), some pretty delicious big red grapes, two glasses of water, and some not quite so ripe pineapple. Did you know that pineapple won't ripen off the tree? You ahve to let it mature on the tree or it just rots, unlike most other fruit. I just learned that recently. Now you know. Next week, on "Odd Facts with The Beave," we will explore the mysteries of belly button lint and toe jam . . . Lunch was three beef kebobs, rice (probably shouldn't have, but, oh well), corn/carrot/green been medly, and salad. Oh, I didn't get to take my second dose of RA in the mornign before lunch because I had to babysit some Iraqi sales persons as they were getting (over) paid for some of thier aquisitions. Ug. I almost want to become an Iraqi so i can make the money these tools make off the US! (That's YOUR tax dollars. I don't pay taxes while I am deployed, thankfully . . . ) The afternoon was pretty chill as I spent it shamming, which is a rarity for me since I actually love my work, but wearing my body armor in 100+ degree heat for a few hours was not what I call fun. Honestly, the dudes (and dudettes) that wear it form 12 hours straight are hardcore and have my respect for thier endurance. Yes, I have done it before, but I don't like it, and I am thankful I don't have to wear all that junk too often. Anyway, I got done with work, got a to go plate (I haven't eaten my dinner yet), had a friend stop by for a bit while I sipped my mix of WF and PW for my evening workout. Kicked my friend out so I could head to the gym, and then proceded to rock out! This was totally awesome. I was pumped, I blasted through everything! I am DEFINITELY below parallel on my squats now. The only issue I am having is that I am leaning too far forward and want to come up on my toes. I think that I am trying to rely on my calves, as they are retardedly strong. I am working my form, but, seriously, 315 felt light tonight! My dips were almost perfect, Up, down, hold, up, down, hold, etc. I don't think I've ever gotten down that far just doing regular dips, then blasted upwards like that. My bent over rows were retarded. I need to up the weights, as 150 just wasn't enough. I was almost cheating because it was too light! I attempted skullies again. I went light (70lbs, I think) and widened my grip slightly and that helped. I felt my left should a tad, but, it didn't hurt. I will hold it for another week or so at 70 and see how that works. I curled 70, too. (Skullies and standing curls were my second superset.) After I got done with this superset, my forearms were HARD! I mean, like, woah! I must have looked pretty intense because all the other dudes in the gym were moving out of my way as I was setting up and putting stuff away. The last thing I did was my hanging leg raises. I like these because it gives me a good stretch of my back and arms. I had to loosen up the arm strap on my MP3 player case! I was like, um, that's like too tight now. I finished up and weighed in at 245. I got back to my CHU (that's my tin box I live in), mixed up my GFH, and had the audactity to measure my left bicep flexed. 17 1/8". *blinks* Measure again. Yup. (I have a MyoTape dealio, so I don't have to worry too much about human error.) My biceps are around 16 1/4" cold, last time I measured them. No wonder I was feeling pumped and had a hard time taking my shirt off. Oh, and I got through my "hour long" workout in 45 minutes. Holy crap!

This is my first time working out at night with this stuff, we shall see if it affects my sleep and for how long.

I am wondering if the effects of the CL stuff is better after eating all day, or why it would be so different at night? I shall continue experimenting.

So, another huge thumbs up for CL stuff!

Comment

5/14:

Breakfast:
                            Regular breakfast

Lunch:
                            Two pieces of fish, carrots and peas, a salad, and watermelon.

Dinner:
                            1/2 chicken breast, piece of fish (of some kind), broccolli, salad, and watermelon.

weighed in @ 241.5

38minutes cardio, 20on treadmill up to 7MPH, 15+3 cooldown on eliptical

Yesterday:

DB Bench: 5x3@85, 3x3@80 (felt weak starting out this morning)

Superset one:
                            Deadlift: 4x6@315, decent form! Huzzah!
                            Standing Military BB Press: 4x6@105

Superset two:
                            Standing calf raises: 4x6@455
                            Upright rows: 4x6@95, felt really bad today, actually

Tricep Pressdown: 4x6@315

The scale couldn't make up its mind this mornng, so I will say I weighed in at 240.75lbs.

Lunch was a BBQ as one of the civilian guys was getting sent to another place, and I had two burgers and two chicken wings.

Dinner didn't happen, as my stomach started feeling reeeeally not good. Actually, before lunch it wasn't 100%. I am seriously thinking that the fish I ate the night before messed me up.

It is now the Afternoon of the 16th and I hven't eaten much of anything since yesterday. I looked bad enough to get sent back to my tin box, so I am napping and hydrating. Yech. I am just not hungry. Not at all. Yech. I am supposed to go home in a few days. If I am sick, the trip is gonna suck hardcore . . . For those of you who haven't flown via Military planes . . . Imagine having a 50lb weight vest strapped to you and then getting stuck in one of the )(#$()*#&$*(#&$ impossible to get out of single person hanging hammocks for a couple of hours . . . It can be fun if you aren't crammed in like sardines, but most flights I have been on so far have ben VERY full. heh

Ech, I am going to take a nap now . . .

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                              X