Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help from pu12en12g please

Hi-

I wanted to know if Purple Wraath would be a good substitute for Xtend, I am experiencing some bloating- water retension on the latest tub of Xtend and need to use something else. I dont want to give up BCAA's. I do have another product I can use but thought of the Wraath, could you please tell me if that in fact could replace it?

Thank You!!!!!!

there similiar products..

from my understanding..

EAAs help mre with growth and endurance
    while
    BCAAs help prevent catabolism and speed recovery

I think potassium + magnesium is good for blaoting..also try drinking more water

I dont believe amino acids would be the sole cause of bloating.. have you increased protein intake? or changed your diet recently?

Comment

Hey, jdiritto. You should check out the recent thread in the Supplements forum at BB.com. *SNIP*

Kind of makes me wary because if I get any disposable income, I was planning on buying some because I already have a tub of PW in the mail.... kind of a downer. But I'll just stick with PW for now.

I would personally say that PW would be a good replacement. It was said before that EAAs are more of an anabolic agent as opposed to BCAAs which help prevent catabolism (hence jrdiritto's response). AFAIK, you can still use PW for long runs and whatnot. But it's also a great choice for other applications... I use it all the time. I'm sipping on some right now because I'm out of protein and I use it for the gym and my cardio. I think that this is right up there with protein. It's just a little expensive, as are all EAAs. Just my two pennies.

pu should chime in any second now. His virtual entities are countless. I've seen him post 'round the clock

*edit*
      just re-read the thread. Marc freaked out and said the flavoring compounds weren't changed, just a different sized mesh was used. my bad
      Last edited by browndustin; 07-16-2006, 04:13 PM.

Comment

link the bb.com thread

check this one out
        http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...ic=21588&st=30

o0verall, either way (xtend, purple wraath // bcaa, eaa) i dont think you can go wrong.. amino acids = good

in the future i wanna try the bulk leucine and see how that compares.. its def cheaper..
        Last edited by jiritt0; 07-16-2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

EAA vs BCAA is a dispute that is never going to have a clear coated winner. However, I personally find that using both is too cost hindering. Because of this I use EAAs and some free-form leucine for added protein synthesis.

Now, if I were to go BCAA route, Anabolic innovations all the way baby!
          Back to the basics!

Comment

Excell's definitely a great BCAA. Tastes amazing!!

I was also thinking of getting some bulk lucine to stretch out my amino acid products. My little brother had this stack going on for a while and it seemed like a logical idea for his goals. Glad you mentioned it, stonecoldtruth.

Comment

Can I get the full name of Anabolic's BCAA product?

I hear that's almost the same as Xtend, only cheaper.

Comment

Anabolic Innovations sells great protein and other products like Excell (direct link for ya). Crowler's a good guy and I just placed my second order with them. Great customer service and someone I'll continue to do strong business with.

Comment

Originally posted by boyscouT™
                  Can I get the full name of Anabolic's BCAA product?

I hear that's almost the same as Xtend, only cheaper.
                  http://anabolicinnovations.com/excell

It is called Excell..

Same BCAA profile (w/ coa) as Xtend, but MORE flavors and less expensive
                  Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                    Anabolic Innovations sells great protein and other products like Excell (direct link for ya). Crowler's a good guy and I just placed my second order with them. Great customer service and someone I'll continue to do strong business with.
                    Mr Speedy you are!
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

xcell is exactly the same as xtend in amino profile...

just diff company..

which offers better pricing ber serving...

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                        Mr Speedy you are!
                        Not what I hear from the ladies, but I will humbly accept your comment, sct.

Excell does taste awesome... dammit, if I had more bills I would go all out and purchase some excell too but I just can't afford anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnFirm
                          Hi-

I wanted to know if Purple Wraath would be a good substitute for Xtend, I am experiencing some bloating- water retension on the latest tub of Xtend and need to use something else. I dont want to give up BCAA's. I do have another product I can use but thought of the Wraath, could you please tell me if that in fact could replace it?

Thank You!!!!!!
                          Well, the bloating is a mystery and I don't blame you for wanting to try other options, especially for around the same price.

1) The first thing to keep in mind is that the taste of WRAATH is being improved on the next production run, BUT I don't know when it will hit stores. With MOST (not all) consumers, it is actually taste that is main factor here.. and I don't blame them.. since both products run about $50 or so.

2) The EAA vs. BCAA debate is very confusing... and the WRAATH endurance complex gets overlooked.... it SHOULD NOT BE OVERLOOKED. Suffice it to say that when you are talking about FREE FORM aminos (WRAATH) in a pre-workout / pre-cardio scenario the additional ingredients can make a big / noticable difference. As far as replacing Xtend with WRAATH I'll get right to the point... the real key to this entire comparison is TIMING.

In a pre-workout or pre-cardio scenario, hell yes WRAATH is the way to go.. but I am very excited to see how this new flavoring system works out.
                          Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-17-2006, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            but I am very excited to see how this new flavoring system works out.
                            But I like the current system..... At first it was but now it is
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                              But I like the current system..... At first it was but now it is
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habituation

In psychology, habituation is an example of non-associative learning in which there is a progressive diminution of behavioral response probability with repetition of a stimulus. It is another form of integration. An animal first responds to a sensory stimulus, but if it is neither rewarding nor harmful the animal learns to suppress its response through repeated encounters.

Comment

Working...
                              X