Smells shaker cup..*gag*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smells shaker cup..*gag*

Any good tips for getting that smell out of a shaker cup you "lost" in the car for a day or two? I'll rinse them out, put dish soap in them shake em up and rinse em out again and put in the dishwasher and the things still smell. Any tips would be appreciated. We've got a bunch of the EAS shaker cups and to be honest I'm about to throw some of them out just cuz of the smell.

I boil mine in a big pot of water.. It helps. I hear you about the smell, they do start to smell nasty afte a bit.. I wind up throwing them away usually. I have so dam many of them...
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

Fill sink with bleach, soak overnight. Now they just smell like bleach. Nah just kidding, but try these two baking soda and water, and if that doesnt work smush it full of newspaper and seal it overnight

But I lost one at my work for two weeks and wow did I regret smelling that

Comment

yea i got one.....toss it! lol
        SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

SupplementKings.com Forum

Comment

Get Dawn with Bleach Alternative.. squirt dawn into shaker.. fill with BOILING hot water.. let sit 30 minutes.. empty.. repeat..

After about the 2nd or 3rd time it won't smell anymore, and if it STILL does.. toss that bacteria pit.
          Back to the basics!

Comment

ive had some that knocked me back 5 feet. I am terrible about remembering to pull them out of my gym bag....leave it over the weekend and its done for
            SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

Originally posted by theking
              ive had some that knocked me back 5 feet. I am terrible about remembering to pull them out of my gym bag....leave it over the weekend and its done for
              I am a cheap sake, but seriously try the news paper method it works

Comment

this crazy invention... the dishwasher

Comment

Really water is your best bet, it always works for my Nalgenes after I leave a tiny amount of water in it for 9 months.

Haha, or like JD said, the dishwasher will do it.

Comment

dishwasher aint cutting it on some of mines! been there tried that
                    SupplementKings.com

Help me with my foum

Comment

Originally posted by theking
                      dishwasher aint cutting it on some of mines! been there tried that
                      Try newspaper, its not that the plastic is bad or rotten or moldy its just the only plastic that doesnt absord odors is PC

Comment

Dishwasher definately isn't cutting it alone. I'll have to test some of the tips in the thread though. Thanks.

Comment

the real solution is to remind me to take them out of the car and rinse them out that day that one that was hidden under my seat and making my car smell was uhh pretty much BLACK inside so im guessing i should have done more than just rinse it out and make another shake.

BTW protien shakes arent sapose to be crunchy are they?

Comment

Or you can toss it and buy the Blender Bottle. I am always careful to wash that baby out!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                              Or you can toss it and buy the Blender Bottle. I am always careful to wash that baby out!
                              That going to be your next sponsor? That'd be an AWESOME one to have, hehe.
                              Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                              X