dhea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dhea

I would like to start by saying that I am 30 years old. I am considering dhea. I have read a few articles on it and it sounds like there are some benefits of taking it. It also seems that some people might say that it can be dangerous too. My questions are:

is there a suggested starting dosage?

is 100mg per day ed ok?

what other thoughts or comments do you have on dhea?

help would be appreciated. Thanks, LM

I use AST's Dhea 100 mg, just follow the directions.. Thats what I do.
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

It's worth a try.. maybe consider stacking it with something like 6-OXO (low dose)
      Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-21-2006, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Below is an article that showed the effects of DHEA supplementation in younger males. Obviously you are 7 years older than the average of this study but it shouldn't effect your androgen concentrations all that much. I would say so if you were 45-50+ but not at 30.

I am not saying DHEA is worthless by any means because it has its place in PCT where androgen levels mimic those of a much older male but at your age I would spend your money elsewhere.

DHEA can reduce fat uptake by increasing glut-1 and glut-4 expression and by increasing metabolic rate and lipid oxidation. DHEA has also been shown to decrease insulin levels since DHEA, itself mimics insulin.

The safety of DHEA is well documented. Long term studies have been conducted at 50, 100, and 250mg and I believe the study was on the level of 6 months, with no signs of any health risks. I have also read studies that in older males 50 and 100mg were just as effective, showing promise for budget PCT's, where you could start with 50 and move to 100 then possibly 150 for first 3 weeks.

Effect of oral DHEA on serum testosterone and adaptations to resistance training in young men
        Gregory A. Brown, Matthew D. Vukovich, Rick L. Sharp, Tracy A. Reifenrath, Kerry A. Parsons, and Douglas S. King

Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011

This study examined the effects of acute dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) ingestion on serum steroid hormones and the effect of chronic DHEA intake on the adaptations to resistance training. In 10 young men (23 ± 4 yr old), ingestion of 50 mg of DHEA increased serum androstenedione concentrations 150% within 60 min (P < 0.05) but did not affect serum testosterone and estrogen concentrations. An additional 19 men (23 ± 1 yr old) participated in an 8-wk whole body resistance-training program and ingested DHEA (150 mg/day, n = 9) or placebo (n = 10) during weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8. Serum androstenedione concentrations were significantly (P < 0.05) increased in the DHEA-treated group after 2 and 5 wk. Serum concentrations of free and total testosterone, estrone, estradiol, estriol, lipids, and liver transaminases were unaffected by supplementation and training, while strength and lean body mass increased significantly and similarly (P < 0.05) in the men treated with placebo and DHEA. These results suggest that DHEA ingestion does not enhance serum testosterone concentrations or adaptations associated with resistance training in young men.
        Anabolic Innovation's Employee and Master Craftsman

Thank you to Controlled Labs for the warm welcome too!

Comment

Working...
        X