Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the best ratios for fatloss are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the best ratios for fatloss are?

Im going to say 10-20 Carbs, 40-50 Protein, and 30-40 Fat. Whats everyone elses opionion?

Originally posted by LancerV
    Im going to say 10-20 Carbs, 40-50 Protein, and 30-40 Fat. Whats everyone elses opionion?
    For pure fat loss, MY OPINION HERE:

60 Fat, 35 protein, 5 carbs (carbs should be only fibrous green veggies)

OR

50 Protein, 30 carbs, 20 fat (carbs should be lots of oats and other low/mid GI sources)

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

i need to educate myself in macro nutrients, and actually care about them someday.. right now i just eat good foods as much as possible haha

Comment

I'm working on mine for the first time and it takes awhile to do everything yourself. so far my daily diet looks like:
        44% protein at 324 grams
        26% fat at 86 grams
        30% carbs at 245 grams

stonecold, what are your thoughts? [i'm aiming at a lean bulk]
        Ht: 6'1"
        Wt: 200 lb.s
        BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
        17% (8/2/06)
        Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Comment

Originally posted by Former_Fatkid
          I'm working on mine for the first time and it takes awhile to do everything yourself. so far my daily diet looks like:
          44% protein at 324 grams
          26% fat at 86 grams
          30% carbs at 245 grams

stonecold, what are your thoughts? [i'm aiming at a lean bulk]
          Looks good to me man 40/30/30 is always good for lean bulking, but if you find you are gaining too much fat lower the fat intake and up the protein..

Back to the basics!

Comment

1:1 Carbsrotien

Protein = 1.5 grams of protein per pound of LBM (Lean Body Mass)
            Carbohydrates = 1.0 grams of fat per pound of LBM
            Fat = .5 grams of carbohydrates per pound of LBM

Protein = 1.5 grams of protein per pound of total body weight (TBW)
            Carbohydrates = 1.0 grams of carbohydrates per pound of TBW
            Fat = 0.5 grams of fat per pound of TBW

Protein = 1.5 gram per pound of lean body mass (LBM)
            Carbohydrates = 1.0 grams per pound of LBM
            Fat = 0 grams… naturally occurring only

Comment

Your breakdown will depend a lot on your lifestyle. A heavy laborer will not be able to function, for the most part, the same as an office jockey.

I think over all quality of fats and carb sources and total caloric intake will be your primary concerns. I had great success with a 40/40/20 split.
              www.AnabolicInnovations.com
              Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawkk
                Your breakdown will depend a lot on your lifestyle. A heavy laborer will not be able to function, for the most part, the same as an office jockey.

I think over all quality of fats and carb sources and total caloric intake will be your primary concerns. I had great success with a 40/40/20 split.
                Im thinking of trying the cut diet but man it looks brutal

Comment

Where are you at and where do you want to be? Also, how fast and with or without supplement help?

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawkk
                    Where are you at and where do you want to be? Also, how fast and with or without supplement help?
                    Less than 8% would be nice, 215 at around 19 Im guessing

Comment

Take your time then and you shouldn't have a problem. I went from 240 to 185 in about 6 months. It could of been done a good bit slower with better results.

First thing is set up a fitday.com account and get your diet in order. If you can't find the foods you can continue to eat then you won't keep your goal for long even if you happen to reach it. Get used to drinking at least a gallon of water a day and figure out your BMR and needed cals for weight loss which is usually about 500~ calories fewer than your maint. calorie intake. If you figure out you are at about(example) 4000 calories and to lose weight it says 2200 don't just jump to that. take your time over the next week or two and slowly lower them. Also remember to eat very often and spread out your macros. Don't clump 100 grams of protein in on one meal.

Comment

Working...
                      X