PWO Shake/Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWO Shake/Meal

I train close to bed, so is this alright?

8.30pm - PWO Shake
    1.5scoop Whey
    1 cup Oats
    50g Dextrose/Maltodextrin

9.30pm PWO Meal
    1 Cup Cottage Cheese
    300ml Milk
    1tbsp Flaxseed Oil
    15 Almonds

Can anyone make sugggestions?
    Started: 114lbs
    Maximum Weight: 197lbs
    Currently: 191lbs
    Preparing for 2007 INBA or ANB Mr. Teen Vic/Aust

some carbs at 9.30 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by LiL_JaSoN
      I train close to bed, so is this alright?

8.30pm - PWO Shake
      1.5scoop Whey
      1 cup Oats

9.30pm PWO Meal
      1 Cup Cottage Cheese
      300ml Milk
      1tbsp Flaxseed Oil
      15 Almonds

Can anyone make sugggestions?
      I personally do not think that much of an insulin spike is neccesary nor optimal, especially that close to bed. After much experimentation on my own, and consultation with quite a few of those who have done their own experimentation, I do not currently use a post-workout high gi carb source. I do use a whey protein isolate with extra free form bcaas added in, but have found that I am making similar gains without the excess carbs PWO.

Cheers,
      SCT
      Back to the basics!

Comment

8.30pm - PWO Shake
        1.5scoop Whey

9.30pm PWO Meal
        1/2 cup Oats
        1 Cup Cottage Cheese
        300ml Milk
        1tbsp Flaxseed Oil
        15 Almonds

how does that look?
        Started: 114lbs
        Maximum Weight: 197lbs
        Currently: 191lbs
        Preparing for 2007 INBA or ANB Mr. Teen Vic/Aust

Comment

Originally posted by LiL_JaSoN
          8.30pm - PWO Shake
          1.5scoop Whey

9.30pm PWO Meal
          1/2 cup Oats
          1 Cup Cottage Cheese
          300ml Milk
          1tbsp Flaxseed Oil
          15 Almonds

how does that look?
          better..

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
            I do not currently use a post-workout high gi carb source. I do use a whey protein isolate with extra free form bcaas added in, but have found that I am making similar gains without the excess carbs PWO.

as do I. I though the dex/malt mix was godly for the longest time, and then found without it i still make gains, although it really is an optimal way for a cut.

ive seen the light of no carbs postworkout, and so far i love it

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
              as do I. I though the dex/malt mix was godly for the longest time, and then found without it i still make gains, although it really is an optimal way for a cut.

ive seen the light of no carbs postworkout, and so far i love it
              I think that there is a situation/time/place/etc where the high gi postworkout carb source is good, but I think that unless your training regimine calls for it then it really isn't neccesary.

I think that there is more research needed on the subject but I believe the key is more stopping catabolism than the entire high-gi associated nutrient shuttling.

Cheers,
              SCT
              Back to the basics!

Comment

Keep it simple, two scoops of Whey and whalla there you go.

Comment

Whatever happened to WPH for PWO?
                  "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

what is wph?

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                      I personally do not think that much of an insulin spike is neccesary nor optimal, especially that close to bed. After much experimentation on my own, and consultation with quite a few of those who have done their own experimentation, I do not currently use a post-workout high gi carb source. I do use a whey protein isolate with extra free form bcaas added in, but have found that I am making similar gains without the excess carbs PWO.

Cheers,
                      SCT

u should read the game over contest prep cut diet by scivaiton, marc l, chuck rd, whoever...

it deals alot with insulin.. the whole diet is really aimed at regulated insulin, as to never create a drastic spike. they say no protein should be consumed with fats, and not to consume protein with carbs, and if u must to include fats..

good read, ima re read it a few times to try and understand it better.. and hopefully one day follow the 15 (?) week diet/training/scivation supplement plan

Comment

Personally, I would drop either the flax or the almonds as the bedtime meal. And i'd drop the dextrose and add skim milk to the shake.
                        www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                        Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                          u should read the game over contest prep cut diet by scivaiton, marc l, chuck rd, whoever...

it deals alot with insulin.. the whole diet is really aimed at regulated insulin, as to never create a drastic spike. they say no protein should be consumed with fats, and not to consume protein with carbs, and if u must to include fats..

good read, ima re read it a few times to try and understand it better.. and hopefully one day follow the 15 (?) week diet/training/scivation supplement plan
                          I have the game over book by scivation. It is actually a very well structured diet from an insulin control and energy level standpoint. I expected a bigger book though, heh. Overall it was VERY much worth the purchase price.

SCT
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                          X