Different training routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different training routine

I've been playing around with some radical ideas about a new training routine (ok, not that radical, but different). for all i know, this might already be a routine (then you can correct me).

Listed below is a series of exercises. let me know what you guys think.

In this theoritcal plan, the object is to activate as many muscle fibers as possible. The workout would be 3 times a week. Each exercise is performed once, with 8-10 reps per set. So total, 26 -30 exercises will be performed comprising of a total body workout.

ive been playing around with the idea of circuit training it (but with rep weights, not low ones) so you would work

chest, back, bis, shoulders, legs rest then repeat

Chest
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Dumbell Bench
    Cable Cross Over

Back
    Lat Pulldown
    Cable Row
    Bent Row
    T-Bar Row
    Stiff Deadlift

Biceps
    Standing Curl
    Preacher/Incline Curl
    Single Arm
    Hammer Curl

Shoulders
    Military Press (d)
    Military Press (b)
    Upright Rows
    Lateral Raises

Triceps
    Tricep Extension
    Skull Crusher
    Dips

Legs
    Squat
    Leg Press
    Hack Squat
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curl

at the end of the workout, some explosive olympic presses and clean and snatches to round out the explosion sets

hows that sound?

I do something 'similar' to this on my current cutting phase....just not as many excersises...and I turn this into a whole weeks worth of workouts.

I run 1 set of 15 reps per circuit and do 2 circuits....fyi-I only have 1 hour 20 minutes to fit in my workout. I do 1 excersise per muscle group.

Example:

Monday:
    Flat Bench
    Lat Pulldowns
    Tricep extensions
    BB curl
    Deadlifts
    Shoulder press BB
    Leg press

Wednesday:
    Incline Bench
    Seated rows
    scull crushers
    ez curls
    deadlifts
    arnold presses
    squats

Friday:
    Decline Bench
    one armed rows
    tricep pulldowns w/rope
    concentration curls
    deadlifts
    lateral raises
    lunges

I've noticed that if I push the intensity on this workout, I sweat a ton. I'm also losing weight at a good pace since I've started this...strength gains have been little to nothing though. There's always a give and take I guess...

Good luck finding that 'new' workout!

Comment

jaydubb, I'm not sure why but that looks like a lot of reps for one workout ... 208 - 300 reps per day based on your 26-30 sets and 8-10 reps ....

618 - 900 reps per week is the range you would hit ... plus your other exericises for explosion .... just seems high to me being that it's the same muscles being worked each lifting day

so that comes to 103 - 150 reps per body part each week

i'm scratchin' my head on this one ... even if it's not a workout to gain mass by design, it still seems like much ....
      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
        jaydubb, I'm not sure why but that looks like a lot of reps for one workout ... 208 - 300 reps per day based on your 26-30 sets and 8-10 reps ....

618 - 900 reps per week is the range you would hit ... plus your other exericises for explosion .... just seems high to me being that it's the same muscles being worked each lifting day

so that comes to 103 - 150 reps per body part each week

i'm scratchin' my head on this one ... even if it's not a workout to gain mass by design, it still seems like much ....

In all reality it looks to me like a split up cracked out version of a German Volume Training, except I'd call it Nazi Volume Training. It would certainly put you into overtraining but at the same time just massively build endurance and teach you to work through fatigue. However, I'd rather see a more structured program that allows optimal recovery, especially with such high volumes. High volume routines have their benefits, but the risks need be gauged carefully. You don't want to end up risking injury and muscle loss..

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

i calculated everything as well (compared to what im currently doing)

currently i hit 8 exercises, 3-4 sets per exercise. lets go in between the two. 8 excercises times 3.5 equals 28

thats what im currently doing

JThompson, actually thats what im doing now. what this plan does is combines all those exercises, but you only perform thm once, rather than 4 sets.

this really isnt supposed to be a GVT, because ive already done that. i was cut up, and gained some mass, but my strength sucked. but i understand the point you are trying to make Stonecold.

regardless of the overtraining concern (read my thread) do you think a program like this would more than likely activate more muscle fibers?

Comment

Working...
          X