Purple Wraath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath

I got purple wraath when it first came out...and i still can barely stand the taste. I just recently tried the new xtend from my friend, watermelon flavor to be exact, and it tastes amazing. I mean it just tastes like some kool aid. A normal drink, I'd drink it at the dinner table, anywhere it tastes that amazing. I'll drink it with food etc...never had a better tasting supplement...anyways back on topic...

Does the new batch of Purple Wraath taste better? Was the flavor on Purple Wraath improved?

The formula for Purple Wraath is much better than Xtend's, as Purple Wraath is a EAA while Xtend is just BCAA...the taste is amazing tho.

Hopefully Purple Wraath can start tasting good tho, maybe with a new batch. I don't know if I can still take PW, if the taste didn't improve...as Xtend is just amazing.

Originally posted by The MVPlaya
    I got purple wraath when it first came out...and i still can barely stand the taste. I just recently tried the new xtend from my friend, watermelon flavor to be exact, and it tastes amazing. I mean it just tastes like some kool aid. A normal drink, I'd drink it at the dinner table, anywhere it tastes that amazing. I'll drink it with food etc...never had a better tasting supplement...anyways back on topic...

Does the new batch of Purple Wraath taste better? Was the flavor on Purple Wraath improved?

The formula for Purple Wraath is much better than Xtend's, as Purple Wraath is a EAA while Xtend is just BCAA...the taste is amazing tho.

Hopefully Purple Wraath can start tasting good tho, maybe with a new batch. I don't know if I can still take PW, if the taste didn't improve...as Xtend is just amazing.
    Totally understand your situation.

Please contact me after the new WRAATH flavor is officially out (and you turn 18) and I will send you the new flavor OUT OF MY POCKET to do a log / review / comparison... sound cool ?

pt@controlledlabs.com
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-10-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

i cant wait for the new pw batch to come out
      at that price for 90 servings its going to be added as a staple
      Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

when is the new batch coming out? I noticed that I'm starting to run low on my last tub and will be needing to place an order soon
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

I'd like to know when the new batch is coming out. I keep mixing my with grape Gatorade, but I'd definitely try the new stuff.
          Jay

Comment

should be out in less than 2 weeks, but we cant start shipping it until the old batch is completely finished.
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I hated the taste at first but I am on my third tub and I like the taste now I guess you just get used to it, can't wait for the new taste to come out
              MY GREEN MAG LOG
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
              http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Since we are already on this topic, here is something I strongly recommend, but can't fully explain.

Idea #1:

If you shake up the WRAATH tub before scooping it out, it seems to improve the taste quite a bit.

Now, I don't think the flavoring system is "settling" really I think it's a combination of things (not just the EAA's). I hope that helps... and I would love to hear feedback from others.

Idea #2:

Tank's ICE COLD water method. Call Tank crazy (I know I do !! ) but many people like this ICE COLD WATER method where you let the WRAATH sit / dissolve in ICE COLD WATER.. Now, the CRAZY part is that I personally hate this method, which means that individual results will obviously vary (because many people other than Tank love this method)... this could be related to our individual tastebuds (there is a specific AA taste-receptor for lack of a better term - I'm tired).

Idea #3:

Pt's SCOOP and CHASE method

Ok, so if you tried the COLD WATER method and didn't like it... don't give up.. there is still hope. I recommend shaking up the WRAATH per IDEA #1 and THEN scooping the WRAATH directly into your mouth and chasing it immediately with lots of water. For example 12oz isn't going to cut it folks... I'd recommend like chasing EACH SCOOP with 16z to 20z of water.

I hope this helps
                Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                  should be out in less than 2 weeks, but we cant start shipping it until the old batch is completely finished.
                  go ahead and drop the price of the old batch and I'll pick that up
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

I put a scoop in my water bottle (1L) using filtered, ice cold water and toss it in the freezer while I drink my pre workout shake… after I do that, get prepped for the gym, etc, the last thing I do is grab my PW and it’s ready to go. Almost everything is dissolved and its tasting great. Half an hour and a decent shake or two will help dissolve the little bits, but it doesn’t fully dissolve like other BCAAs/EAAs.

WARM PW is disgusting however. Tap water and water from the gym is a horrible way to ingest PW. I’ve left PW in the car and because it was two scoops and it was a while since my last meal, I slammed the whole thing and drove home lol.

I have to ask… the new PW formula’s NOT going to be a reform or anything afaik. Just a flavor recomp. There isn’t going to be any differences, is there?? No pricing or size differences, just improved flavor? I just ordered my second tub of PW and this steeze is pretty expensive but worth it. Either way I think this is an amazingly versatile supplement and I just wish I had a life time supply.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin

I have to ask… the new PW formula’s NOT going to be a reform or anything afaik. Just a flavor recomp. There isn’t going to be any differences, is there?? No pricing or size differences, just improved flavor? I just ordered my second tub of PW and this steeze is pretty expensive but worth it. Either way I think this is an amazingly versatile supplement and I just wish I had a life time supply.
                      that is correct, the actives will be exactly the same. the only thing that changed is the grape flavor supplier and we tweaked the level of sweeteners and added a bit of citric acid. price and size will be the exact same (actually it will now be 981 grams instead of 945 grams per bottle due to the extra citric acid and increased level of sweeteners, same number of servings though).
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Whew, just wanted to make sure. Sounds good either way…. I look forward to trying it in the future.

Comment

Sweet! I actually just scored almost a full tub of Purple Wraath today for $25! My buddy ordered it and didn't like the taste so he gave it to me for half off after only taking 5 servings. Being that I have another on the way from bb.com, so it might be a while until I get to try the new flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
                            Sweet! I actually just scored almost a full tub of Purple Wraath today for $25! My buddy ordered it and didn't like the taste so he gave it to me for half off after only taking 5 servings. Being that I have another on the way from bb.com, so it might be a while until I get to try the new flavor.
                            Is your buddy active duty ?

Comment

yup, sure is... He loves the green mag though, didn't want to part with that

Comment

Working...
                              X