Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I training the good way?

Hi guys,

I read "Burn the fat feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto and decide to train like he said. 4 days a week using a 4 days split routine. 3 sets per muscle groups, 8-12 reps. Is it a good way to train?

Right now, my main goal is to lose my excess of fat, so I don't have too much hope of getting big muscles, but after that I want to start eating more to get more lean mass. Size will be my primary goal.

Should I continue to train like this or is there something better concerning my goal? I don't want weight 250lbs, my ultimate goal is to get a decent lean shape, maybe 180 lbs with low body fat since I get everything in the belly section.

A little side question, I just saw the movie Never Back Down. http://us.imdb.com/media/rm4116813312/nm1544217
    Someone have an idea how much this guy weigh or bf%? Is it a body anybody could get with a perfect diet, training, cardio program or do you need to have a specific bodytype/genetic? It's not really my goal, but he looks a lot like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

Thanks a lot guys, you really helped me so far.
    Last edited by patoff; 03-28-2008, 09:07 PM.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but...

IMHO, it really comes down to what works for you .... I've tried all sorts of programs and different splits ... for me I have had great results w/ an upper/lower split .... currently I'm on Max-OT and have been increasing strength while watching some fat disappear (even cut back on my cardio to a couple days a week to allow for more rest time) and I don't see myself changing this program anytime soon

I think it's just going to vary .... asking "is this the right way to train" will get you some misleading answers because it depends on the person ... play around with the different programs (splits/days/rep ranges/etc.) until you find something that works best for you

How long have you been applying Tom Venuto's program and principles? What have been your results so far? I'd be more interested on your feedback regarding the program after you've tried it for some time.
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

It's been 3 months right now. I started at 180 lbs with 20% bf. I am now at 162 with 14% bf. I look really better than I was. Still got a belly but within 2-3 months I should be able to get to 10% bf. I learned to eat healthier, more often and smaller meal but now I like it. I still cheat 2-3 times a week, but it's not a all you can eat buffet or 2 Big Macs.

As for the weight training, I like my 4 days split routine. I also get great results. I lift 10 to 20 pounds heavier on every exercices than I was when I started.

Also for cardio, I am doing 30-40 minutes 5-6 times a week. I take a day off to play hockey.

I just saw something about hypertrophy something (HST) that was a good way to train while taking White Flood and Green Mag and it's completly different from what I am doing now. They recommend to exercice each muscles 3 times per week to get a maximum size gain, but right now I am only exercising them once per week, so I tought I was training the wrong way.
      Last edited by patoff; 03-29-2008, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Any more info on this? Because on the CL website, here is the info I found.

With this stack, we recommend a hypertrophy/volume training workout protocol for best size gains...examples include:

- German Volume Training
        - HyperTrophy Specific Training
        - Anabolic Burst Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by patoff
          Any more info on this? Because on the CL website, here is the info I found.

With this stack, we recommend a hypertrophy/volume training workout protocol for best size gains...examples include:

- German Volume Training
          - HyperTrophy Specific Training
          - Anabolic Burst Cycling
          Yes, that's a different topic / question related to that specific stack (including GlycerGROW / cell volumizers)

Comment

A little side question, I just saw the movie Never Back Down. http://us.imdb.com/media/rm4116813312/nm1544217
            Someone have an idea how much this guy weigh or bf%....
            Not much, and not much

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              Yes, that's a different topic / question related to that specific stack (including GlycerGROW / cell volumizers)
              Ok thanks. I will start this stack pretty soon, so that's why I was looking to know if I should start the HST at the same time.

Comment

Ok thanks. I will start this stack pretty soon, so that's why I was looking to know if I should start the HST at the same time.
                I generally recommend switching to a volume based protocol after 8-12 weeks of other training and for at least 8 weeks. This would be a good time to get optimal results from the GlycerGROW (pain train is comin !!).

On the flipside, I like lots of variety within that 8 weeks (both from week to week and workout to workout). Switching angle / grip / width can make a huge difference IMO. Also taking time off when you feel mentally burned out... the goal is to be positive and excited every time you are hitting the gym.

Regardless of volume, I always like to target weaknesses.
                Last edited by pu12en12g; 03-31-2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Right now, my main goal is to lose my excess of fat, so I don't have too much hope of getting big muscles, but after that I want to start eating more to get more lean mass. Size will be my primary goal.
                  This is when I would start the cell volumizers

Comment

Ok this, I will try what you say. So I should skip GlycerGrow for now and wait a couple of weeks? Right now, should I continue with Green Mag on my traning days or stop it also?

I will try the HST once, my only drawback was to train at full strength only one time per two weeks. I don't understand how my muscles will grow if I ask them to lift less than they can. Also I saw I had to stop lifting for 1 week before starting the HST. Is it true?

Thanks a lot!
                    Last edited by patoff; 03-31-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X