• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerux's Log

MY WORKOUT JOURNAL

Starting Weight: 150lbs.
    Starting Height: 5'9"

Well guys, I am starting my log on here today. I want you guys to lead me in the right direction, tell me what I need to change and I always welcome compliments Let's Do this!!!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

July 3rd

I went to the gym today not really feeling it. I wasn't really looking forward to lifting after having a cheat weekend. But, I went anyways and had a pretty good workout. I was one of the 3 guys people at the gym yesterday so I didnt have to wait for anything. After getting done with my workout, I looked at my book and was pretty satisfied. Here's what I did:

(All 2x8)
    Ab Ripper
    Wrist Curls
    Squats: 120lbs.
    Leg Press: 190lbs.
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 185lbs. *
    Dips (assisted): Plate 3
    Bent Rows: 125lbs. *
    DB Overhead Press: 30's
    Pull-Ups (assisted): Plate 4
    Weighted Crunch: 110lbs. *
    Shrugs
    Seated Calf Raises
    Ab Ripper

'*' = PR

All of the exercises are 2 x 8 except DB Overhead Press (1 x 8), Wrist Curls (1 x Failure), Shrugs (2 x Failure) and Calf Raises (2 x Failure)

Heres the Ab Ripper:
    (All are 1 x 10)
    -Crunches
    - Knees to Right Side
    - Knees to Left Side
    - Elbows to Knee
    - Superman Crunch
    - Leg Lifts
    - In & Outs
    - Hip Rocks
    - Bicycle
    - Full Body Crunch

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Sorry I missed a post yesterday. I didnt get home til late last night and my diet was good til about 5pm then I went out with some friends and didnt come home til about 11pm in which I didnt between then. I had a protein shake and went to bed when I got home. It was an off day so I dont have any lifts to update you on.

Comment

July 5th

Today I felt really good my friend came over pissed about his g/f and somehow I got pissed too and had a very good workout.

Ab Ripper
        Wrist Curls
        Front Squats?) 125lbs. *
        Leg Curls: 210lbs.
        Deadlifts: 190lbs. *
        Bench Press: 115lbs. *
        One Arm Rows: 60lb. DB
        Military Press: 85lbs. *
        Chin-Ups (assisted): Plate 2 *
        Weighted Reverse Crunch: 65lb. DBSeated Calf Raises
        Shrugs
        Ab Ripper

I have a question about front squats, Is there a better way to hold the bar for these? I tried to put the cushion for squats and put that on the bar then pick it up with the bend on my arms (between the forearm and bicep lol couldnt think of anything else) but that kind of hurt a bit but I think I can handle it for awhile but as the weight gets heavier, I donno if I can handle it. I tried to hold it like if I were to do Military Presses but that hurt the crap out of my wrists. Any tips?

Comment

Yesterday I got my diet in perfectly and yesterday was an off day so I dont have any lifts to post up. Is it bad that I have a diet planned and I just eat that everyday? I dont mind it but I want to know if its a good idea. I eat this:

MEAL #1
          0.5 cups Oatmeal 150 / 5g
          2 cups Milk 180 / 16g
          2 Tbsp. PB 200 / 7g
          1 Breakfast Energy Bar 200 / 10g

(In Between)
          1 QT. Water

MEAL #2
          4 (1 yolk) Eggs 320 / 28g
          5 slices Cheese 360 / 15g
          2 cups Milk 180 / 16g

PRE-WORKOUT
          1 scoop Whey 120 / 24g
          2 cups Water

DURING WORKOUT
          1 QT. Water

POST WORKOUT
          1 scoop Whey 120 / 24g
          2 cups Milk 180/16g
          2 cups Water

(IN BETWEEN)
          1 QT. Water

MEAL #3
          4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter 380 / 16g
          4 slices Bread 240 / 8g
          2 cups Milk 180 / 16g

(IN BETWEEN)
          1 QT. Water

MEAL #4
          2 slices Bread 120 / 4g
          2 slices Cheese 120 / 6g
          1 fillet Tilapia 200 / 42g
          2 cups Milk 180 / 16g

MEAL #5
          1 scoop Whey 120 / 24g
          2 cups Milk 180 / 16g
          2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter 200 / 7g

CALORIES: 4246 PROTEIN: 316

Gradually I will add more to it as I have to up calories and protein as I gain weight but is that good?

Comment

your calories seem to be in a good range man
            against your genetics@!

Comment

THAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!!! Have some reps for being the first one to post! I appreciate it! I literally threw my arms up in the air after I saw someone posted in here. Thanks bro!

Comment

July 7th

Once again I didnt feel like going to the gym but I dragged myself in and did it anyways. It seems like I dont want to go, but once I do and get into my workout, I dont want to leave. Anyways, Here it is:

Wrist Curls
                Leg Press: 210lbs.
                Squats: 125lbs. *
                Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 195 *
                Dips(?): Non Assisted, I just did my bodyweight *
                Bent Rows: 125lbs.
                DB Overhead Press: 30lb. DB
                Pull Ups(Assisted): Plate 3 *
                Shrugs
                Calf Raises

One my Dips, I will go down and then come up and I start to sway from front to back. How do I stop that? Just try to hold still or deal with it for now?

=DIET=
                CALORIES: 4246 PROTEIN: 316
                Last edited by Alerux; 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Wow nice calorie level
                  I hope you are getting in some veggies too!?
                  and HOLY CAMOLY look at that ab workout. SHEESSSSk!

Yeah I had the awful feeling of not wanting to hit the gym yesterday as well, but you just gotta keep your eye on the prize! Good luck, I'm sure you're progress will be flying in no time

Comment

Yeha that Ab ripper is a beast but I got such good results with it!! Im amazed by it. Im not a big fan of veggies so Im not getting any..sorry.

Comment

Great detail !!!

Comment

July 8th

I had a horrible dieting day today. I woke up and had some oatmeal, but then I went with my parents to a softball tournament and had concession stand food I got a gallon of water in today tho Yeah, not a good day

Comment

soo you want so help with this as you stated in the first post ?
                          first i want to ask , where did this work out come from
                          Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

I got it from bb.com awhile back. It has a 52 week program in 4 parts and this is the 4th. I added the shrugs, leg press and calf raises to it along with the Ab Ripper

Comment

Today was another horrible day for dieting. I went to a softball tournament and I didnt get much to eat, I had McDonalds to eat and thats all I had to eat today. I dont know, on weekends, its hard to maintain my diet. During the week I have no problem though. Weird huh? Im going to start over tomorrow and do it the right way.

Comment

Working...
                              X