I hurt my back...on the treadmill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hurt my back...on the treadmill!

About 3 weeks ago I get on the 'mill to warm up for about 10 minutes.

Everything is fine; I get off and walk across the gym to the squat rack.

Suddenly, while walking, I feel my back start to tighten up. It didn't
    hurt, but it felt tight. I get to the rack and slip off the collar from the bar
    and I'm like whoa! My back went out on me! It was hard to breathe and I couldn't move too well.

Like a dumb ass I proceeded to do 2 sets of ATG, but only with warm-up
    weight. It hurt so bad I had to stop. It took about a week to get better,
    with some help from Motrin.

All from the treadmill?

-Angel

get new running shoes - possibly find a local store that will get a pair tailored to your feet (i found one of these, the shoes = heaven)

and stretch before any exercise -- i would suggest you do a lil stretch after doing a cardio warmup before weights as well

you also may need to learn how to run properly too (?)

and finally, if you have pain, don't do further exercises which present stress to that area (ex: if your shoulders hurt, don't do shoulder presses! )

Comment

Sorry, I failed to mention that I was walking on the treadmill, even worse. I do recall wearing sub-par crosstrainers.

Thanks; I'll check out one of the custom fit shoestores around here.

I'm all good now. I'll hit the weights easy tonight.

Originally posted by jdiritto
      get new running shoes - possibly find a local store that will get a pair tailored to your feet (i found one of these, the shoes = heaven)

and stretch before any exercise -- i would suggest you do a lil stretch after doing a cardio warmup before weights as well

you also may need to learn how to run properly too (?)

and finally, if you have pain, don't do further exercises which present stress to that area (ex: if your shoulders hurt, don't do shoulder presses! )

Comment

strengthen your core too.

Comment

Seeing your age brother, you should look into a joint aid supp! Look into Orange Triad, it has joint aid + multi + digestive enzymes all in one. It won't hurt you, it would only better you. It may help prevent degenerative bones as we age.

Comment

I agree with JDiritto, especially on the core strengthening. Not only with this help with preventing back injuries but also will help all other weights go up as well.

Stretching has its pros and cons however light stretching combined with proper warmup exercises will help also.

Comment

Working...
            X