Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red ACID™ (Original) FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red ACID™ (Original) FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is Red Acid™ ?

Red Acid™:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/red.html

The Most Advanced Fat Incineration Matrix Ever To Reach The Market!

Most people have trouble losing their fat stores because they cannot control their food intake while on a cutting or maintenance phase. Even with proper diet and cardio, many individuals will eventually experience problems losing fat at an "optimal" rate. Now we have the answer: Red Acid. Red Acid is the most advanced fat incineration matrix ever to reach the market. Unlike other fat loss products, Red Acid helps you to achieve fat loss via several different pathways. It combines a synergistic blend of naturally occurring fatty acids and fatty acid analogues that serve as endogenous agonists of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) and help to modulate ghrelin levels, producing a hunger satisfaction that effectively lowers your food intake.

The fatty acid blend also helps stimulate glycerol and fatty acid release from adipocytes throughout the body. Herbal appetite suppressants that work via the CNS rather than the digestive tract, like our fatty acid blend does, were included to address the same appetite problem, but via a different pathway, the brain. Natural energizers and thermogenics have also been added to increase activity in the gym, which leads to calorie use. Enhanced focus is also attained by the addition of some of the most thoroughly researched nootropics.

The REDuction Complex:

Red Acid contains a fatty acid matrix that includes Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) and Tetradecylthioacetic Acid. OEA is a fatty acid that is a naturally occurring amide of ethanolamine and oleic acid. It starts working once it reaches the duodenum (the upper 1/3 of the small intestine) and is normally synthesized there by your body. It serves as an endogenous agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) and regulates lipid metabolism. OEA also activates vagal sensory afferent neurons and excites nodose ganglion neurons, which leads to decreased appetite and satiety. This naturally occurring fatty acid therefore inhibits food cravings and helps release fat from its stores in the body.

Tetradecylthioacetic Acid is a special fatty acid that can help support healthy cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL/HDL cholesterol when used in combination with a good diet and also exhibits anti-inflammatory effects. Tetradecylthioacetic Acid, like OEA, is an agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha). Tetradecylthioacetic Acid has been shown to increase catabolism of fatty acids and exhibit antiadiposity effects. Tetradecylthioacetic Acid will help to effectively remove fat from its body stores and without forcing your body to effectively use it for energy. This allows you to "burn" fat at a much higher level than by simply exercising.

The Red Sweat Complex:

We have combined the most effective and potent thermonutrients to increase the utilization of energy in your body. The most potent extracts of energizing ingredients were included to make your trip to the gym one you would not forget. If you do not work out with intensity you cannot realize your true potential for fat loss and lean body mass accumulation. Intensity in the gym cannot be accomplished without focus either; you need the mental acuity that only our top of the line nootropics can provide in order to excel at your fat loss goals.

The Red Slob Complex:

Lastly, we added a proprietary blend of potent herbal appetite suppressants, digestion aids, thyroid support and stomach soothing compounds that work in synergy to target one of the hardest parts of fat loss: eating right. This blend effectively targets the central nervous system (CNS) to control your desire for food (without nausea or discomfort) and when combined with the anorexic effects of OEA you are in for a powerful combination.

Where can I purchase Red Acid™ and how much will it cost ?
    Internet retailers will have the best prices (around $30 to $35):
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

How many capsules per bottle ?

How many capsules per serving ?

How many servings per day ?

How many servings per bottle ?

So... how many days will each bottle last ?

Does Red Acid™ replace proper diet and cardio ?
    No

Will Red Acid™ raise my metabolism / basal metabolic rate ?
    Yes

What it my basal metabolic rate ?
    Your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the energy used (measured in calories) by your body to perform basic functions, including internal energy expenditure, breathing, and body temperature. It is the number of calories your body would expend if you performed no physical activity throughout the day.

Simply put... your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the rate at which your body burns calories while you rest. This is very important because we only have so much time for cardio each day.

BMR Calculator:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I'm on a carb-cycling diet... is Red Acid™ good for me ?
    Red Acid™ is a great option for carb-cyclers

Where can I learn more about the "Fatloss Basics ?"

Where can I learn more about Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) ?

Where can I learn more about Vinpocetine ?

Where can I learn more about Bioperine ?

Where can I learn more about EGCG / Green Tea Extract ?

Where can I learn more about Evodiamine ?

Where can I learn more about Theobromine ?

Where can I learn more about Sclareolides ?

Where can I learn more about Huperzine A ?

Where can I learn more about Cordia Salicifolia ?

Where can I learn more about Cayenne / Capsicum ?
    See the studies / references here

Where can I learn more about Ginger Root ?

Where can I learn more about Tyrosine ?

Where can I learn more about Caffeine ?

How much caffeine is in the Red Sweat Complex™
    200 - 225mg per serving (3 Caps)

Where can I learn more about Forskolin ?

Where can I learn more about Hoodia Gordonii ?

Where can I learn more about Huperzine A ?
    1. Ashani Y, Grunwald J, Kronman C, Velan B, Shafferman A. Role of tyrosine 337 in the binding of huperzine A to the active site of human acetylcholinesterase. Mol Pharmacol. 1994 Mar;45(3):555-60.

2. Ashani Y, Peggins JO 3d, Doctor BP. Mechanism of inhibition of cholinesterases by huperzine A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992 Apr 30;184(2):719-26.

3. Bai DL, Tang XC, He XC. Huperzine A, a potential therapeutic agent for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Curr Med Chem. 2000 Mar;7(3):355-74.

4. Geib SJ, Tuckmantel W, Kozikowski AP. Huperzine A--a potent acetylcholinesterase inhibitor of use in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Acta Crystallogr C. 1991 Apr 15;47 ( Pt 4):824-7.

5. Patocka J. Huperzine A--an interesting anticholinesterase compound from the Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 1998;41(4):155-7.

6. Pepping J. Huperzine A. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2000 Mar 15;57(6):530, 533-4.

7. Pilotaz F, Masson P. Huperzine a: an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor with high pharmacological potential. Ann Pharm Fr. 1999 Sep;57(5):363-73.

8. Saxena A, Qian N, Kovach IM, Kozikowski AP, Pang YP, Vellom DC, Radic Z, Quinn D, Taylor P, Doctor BP. Identification of amino acid residues involved in the binding of Huperzine A to cholinesterases. Protein Sci. 1994 Oct;3(10):1770-8.

9. Sun QQ, Xu SS, Pan JL, Guo HM, Cao WQ. Huperzine-A capsules enhance memory and learning performance in 34 pairs of matched adolescent students. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao. 1999 Jul;20 (7):601-3.

10. Tang XC. Huperzine A (shuangyiping): a promising drug for Alzheimer's disease. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao. 1996 Nov;17(6):481-4.

11. Wang LM, Han YF, Tang XC. Huperzine A improves cognitive deficits caused by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2000 Jun 9;398(1):65-72.

12. Xiao XQ, Wang R, Han YF, Tang XC. Protective effects of huperzine A on beta-amyloid(25-35) induced oxidative injury in rat pheochromocytoma cells. Neurosci Lett. 2000 Jun 9;286(3):155-8.

13. Xu SS, Cai ZY, Qu ZW, Yang RM, Cai YL, Wang GQ, Su XQ, Zhong XS, Cheng RY, Xu WA, Li JX, Feng B. Huperzine-A in capsules and tablets for treating patients with Alzheimer disease. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao. 1999 Jun;20(6):486-90.

14. Xu SS, Gao ZX, Weng Z, Du ZM, Xu WA, Yang JS, Zhang ML, Tong ZH, Fang YS, Chai XS, et al. Efficacy of tablet huperzine-A on memory, cognition, and behavior in Alzheimer's disease. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao. 1995 Sep;16(5):391-5.

15. Zhang RW, Tang XC, Han YY, Sang GW, Zhang YD, Ma YX, Zhang CL, Yang RM. Drug evaluation of huperzine A in the treatment of senile memory disorders. Chung Kuo Yao Li Hsueh Pao. 1991 May;12(3):250-2.

16. Zhu XZ. Development of natural products as drugs acting on central nervous system. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 1991;86 Suppl 2:173-5.

Where can I learn more about Simmondsin Extract ?

Where can I learn more about Guggulsterones E&Z ?

Where can I learn more about FlaxSeed Oil Powder ?

What "basic" supplements do you recommend while taking Red Acid™ ?

Creatine (pre and post-workout)
    Whey Protein (pre and post-workout)
    Fishoil
    PLENTY of water
    Multivitamin

Besides the "basic" supplements listed above, what "other" ergogenics, compounds, or supplements do you recommend to maximize my fatloss results while on Red Acid™ ?
    EAA /BCAA such as Purple WRAATH (during cardio / training)
    Carnitine
    Electrolytes (during cardio / training)
    Pure Synephrine HCL (see more info below)
    Pure Ephedrine HCL (see more info below) OR Blue Rhino™ (see more info below)
    Sesamin / Sesathin
    Selenium

Ephedra / Ephedrine worked so well for me... why didn't Controlled Labs include Ephedra / Ephedrine in Red Acid™ ?
    In pure form, Ephedrine HCL is technically considered a drug, and not a Supplement. The herbal form (Ephedra) is not something that I personally recommend.

I'm on medication, should I take Red Acid™ ?
    Ask your doctor before taking Red Acid™

I have a health condition, should I take Red Acid™ ?
    Ask your doctor before taking Red Acid™

Yohimbe / Yohimbine worked so well for me... why didn't Controlled Labs include Yohimbe / Yohimbine in Red Acid ?

a) As a standalone, Red Acid™ is a GREAT choice for those that either "don't respond" to Yohimbe, or respond negatively to Yohimbe

b) I don't recommend stacking Yohimbe and Ephedrine, so by not adding Yohimbe, we made it possible to customize, maximize, and individualize your own potent "Red Acid™ fatloss" stack.

Is it necessary to cycle Red Acid™ ?
    This depends on many variables, but if using it as a standalone, we generally recommend that you cycle off Red Acid™ every 6 to 12 weeks

When starting Red Acid™, should I "taper" up the dosage to assess my tolerance to Red Acid™?
    This is always a good idea

When cycling off of Red Acid™, should I "taper" down the dosage to avoid caffeine withdrawal... etc..
    This is always a good idea, but not required

What are some good indications that I'm losing fat while on Red Acid™ ?
    Mirror / Appearance
    Measurements
    Bodyfat caliper
    Bodyweight

If I workout in the evening / before bedtime, should I still take the 2nd serving preworkout ?
    VERY good question. It's possible that this 2nd serving the Red Acid™ stims / thermos would prevent you from getting deep / quality sleep... if this happens, simply take 1 serving in the morning and 1 serving in the early afternoon. Try to make ONE of those servings a pre-workout serving.

I workout in the morning / right after breakfast, should I still take the 2nd serving preworkout ?
    VERY good question. It's possible that taking both servings so close together could cause over-stimulation or a caffeine crash later in the day. In this situation, simply take 1 serving in the morning and 1 serving in the early afternoon. Try to make ONE of those servings a pre-workout serving.

What are some good cell-volumizers that I can take while cutting to maintain muscle "fullness" ?
    Taurine
    GlycerGROW
    Betaine

Can I stack Red Acid™ with Green Bulge™ and Blue UP™
    Yes

I heard that all of your products are "Real World" tested and 105% Guaranteed... how many "Real World" Red Acid™ testers do you have ?
    Over 30 testers so far, from the United States and the United Kingdom

Code:
    Age	Sex	Height	Bodytype	Weight

18	M	5' 11"	Ecto		175
    21	M	5' 11"	Endo		200
    31	M	6'	Meso-Endo	231
    25	M	5' 9"	Ecto-Meso	197
    27	M	6' 1"	Meso-Endo	225
    23	M	6' 4"	Meso-Endo	206
    28	M	5' 8"	Endo		182
    21	M	5' 11"	Ecto		193
    40	M	6' 4"	Ecto		265
    26	M	6' 	Endo		260
    18	M	6' 3"	Endo		292
    21	M	6' 4"	Meso-Endo	243
    20	M	6'	Endo		200
    24	M	5' 10"	Endo		162
    21	M	5' 10"	Meso		215
    21	M	5' 11"	Meso-Endo	221
    27	M	6' 5"	Endo		285
    29	M	5' 7"	Endo-Meso	251
    23	M	5' 8"	Endo		216
    22	M	6'	Ecto		193
    23	M	5' 8"	Ecto		165
    24	M	6' 1"	Meso		235
    36	F	5' 5"	Endo-Meso	220
    28	F	5' 2"	Meso  		119
    23	F	5' 10"	Meso-Endo	159
    24	F	5' 7"	Meso-Endo	155
    21	M	6' 1"	Ecto		200
    24	M	6' 5"	Meso-Ecto	224
    31	M	5' 6"	Meso-Ecto	83 kg
    25	M	6'5"	Endo		300
    21	M	6' 1"	Meso		237
    29	M	6' 1"	Endo-Meso	236
    25	M	5' 10"	Endo-Meso	180
    29	M	5' 11"	Endo		195
    19	M	6' 1"	Meso-Endo	240
    18	M	6'	Endo		245

Is Red Acid™ for men or women ?
    Both

Does Red Acid delay gastric emptying?
    It's possible

I want to stack Red Acid™ with Ephedrine HCL... what cautions should be taken ?
    Caution should always be taken when combining potent ingredients, and the following is for educational purposes only.

a) Do not do this if you've never used Ephedrine HCL before
    b) Do not do this if you have a medical condition
    c) Do not do this if you have a history of heart problems in your family
    d) Start with 25mg OR LESS Ephedrine HCL daily
    e) Start with the lowest possible doses of both products (to assess your own individual tolerance).
    f) Go with pure "Bolt" Ephedrine HCL if possible
    g) Red Acid™ contains caffeine, so no additional caffeine is necessary

Red Acid™ doesn't contain synephrine.... why is that ?
    Legal reasons

I want to stack Red Acid™ with Synephrine HCL... where can I get it ?

I read the guggulsterones info above, heard alot about them, and they seem pretty controversial.. is there anything else you can tell me ?

Why is this a "unofficial" thread ?
    Because some of the information being discussed is for educational purposes only

What difference would this make to stack Red Acid and Blue Up™ ?

a) A calorie deficit has the potential to decrease testosterone levels (below baseline), and Blue UP™ contains ingredients aimed at maximizing / maintaining your natural baseline testosterone levels

b) Blue UP™ contains Yohimbe, which can be effective for fatloss (especially the abdominal / oblique area)

I've read this FAQ completely, and I still have a question or concern.. what should I do ?
    Please E-Mail me:
    pt@controlledlabs.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 05-27-2006, 04:17 AM.
Working...
X