The official UFC/Pride thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official UFC/Pride thread

Does anybody watch it regularily? Just caught a recent show? Post it for all to behold.

on that note,

anyone catch ultimate fighter finale on saturday?

AWESOME FIGHTS

any stick out to anyone?

been a fan since the first one on the 80's ... was at a wedding but Tivo'd the TUF finale ... K.Grove did a lot better than I thought ... I was really glad to see that "Short Fuse" lost ... would have preferred he lost by tapout when Grove had that rear naked choke on him

Tito is my fav ... already got the July 8th party scheduled at my house .... glad he's back in the UFC and lookin' forward to seeing him deliver more elbows to Shamrock's cranium ... dude's grill was all jacked up in the last fight

Also, pickin' Arlovski to get the belt back
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

You guys might like this website:

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/

It's an all fight network currently airing in Canada but will shortly be in America. I own stock in a company that has a 20% stake in the network .

Comment

God that website is kick ass,i should get flash now,im tired of photoshop...

Anyways,i hvanet seen a UFC show in ages.My cable company sucks...

But i haven been a fan of UFC over 5 years now and i love it.And damn they already made a Ultimate fighter 3?

Comment

Originally posted by strester
          been a fan since the first one on the 80's ... was at a wedding but Tivo'd the TUF finale ... K.Grove did a lot better than I thought ... I was really glad to see that "Short Fuse" lost ... would have preferred he lost by tapout when Grove had that rear naked choke on him

Tito is my fav ... already got the July 8th party scheduled at my house .... glad he's back in the UFC and lookin' forward to seeing him deliver more elbows to Shamrock's cranium ... dude's grill was all jacked up in the last fight

Also, pickin' Arlovski to get the belt back

Grove did do a lot better than i thought, but i thought short fuse was going to win for sure. i really wasnt pulling for either, as i didnt like either of their attitudes. my pick from the beginning was calib starnes (should have beat grove IMO)

titos gonna stomp ken, and arlovski is takin the belt back fer sure

Comment

I like the UFC, Cant wait until JULY 8th UFC 61. Im having a UFC Party all are welcome.. I hope TITO puts another ass whipping on Shamrock. I hope my boy THE PITBULL wins. Andre is a beast..
            If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

Originally posted by InfamousSandunguero
              God that website is kick ass,i should get flash now,im tired of photoshop...

Anyways,i hvanet seen a UFC show in ages.My cable company sucks...

But i haven been a fan of UFC over 5 years now and i love it.And damn they already made a Ultimate fighter 3?
              The 4th starts In AUGUST..

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                Grove did do a lot better than i thought, but i thought short fuse was going to win for sure. i really wasnt pulling for either, as i didnt like either of their attitudes. my pick from the beginning was calib starnes (should have beat grove IMO)

titos gonna stomp ken, and arlovski is takin the belt back fer sure
                Kalib was a pussy. He showed it too, when he was asked to fight again, " Im not mental prepared" translates into, Im a big pussy and dont want to get beat again..

Comment

Caleb didn't seem like much of a pussy, but when he kept grabbing his ribs and bitching I was disappointed. When he completely pussed out and said he's not mentally prepared to come back and fight, I lost absolutely every bit of respect for the guy.

I'm going to surrey in a couple weeks, I should go smash a beer bottle over his head... such a disappointment. He should have beaten kendel. He straight up power bombed kendel and wrecked the kid. Everyone knows kendels all about the knees and kicks.

I have also gained a lot of respect for Tito. I've liked Ken on and off over the years and I still want him to shut Tito up, lol. But yeah, I have a huge amount of respect for him. The kid's dominent and look at the fucking jaw. You'd have to get a good run at him and jump kick him in the face to so some damage. I am really impressed.

I always have little UFC things at my house. We have two big screen tvs so why not. Get some buddies over, get the bud rolled and maybe a couple of beer. Arlovski, I hope he actually KILLS Tim Silvia in the ring. Straight up, take his life. Tim is the UGLIEST fighter ever. He's just a big lanky guy with some huge punches. If anyone's ever seen Tim dominate anyone with style, please inform me so I can locate the videos online or something. I've never seen him have a good win. It's always bullshit. Such a fucking ugly fighter... first UFC fight I ever saw in I must have been in like grade 1 or 2) was with Tim the maniac Silvia... what an ugly bitch

Comment

Originally posted by House72
                    Kalib was a pussy. He showed it too, when he was asked to fight again, " Im not mental prepared" translates into, Im a big pussy and dont want to get beat again..

while i say i was disappointed that he wasnt prepared, i dont think thats a reason to label him a pussy.

fighting isnt just something you do on a whim, the training isnt just something you do on a whim, you have to prepare mentally and physically.

you try doing what they did for 6 weeks and then start talking about "being mentally prepared"

im confused, when did calib ever say anything about coming back to fight, it was kristain and tait who pussed out about the not prepared to fight nonsense

Comment

while i say i was disappointed that he wasnt prepared, i dont think thats a reason to label him a pussy.

fighting isnt just something you do on a whim, the training isnt just something you do on a whim, you have to prepare mentally and physically.

you try doing what they did for 6 weeks and then start talking about "being mentally prepared"

im confused, when did calib ever say anything about coming back to fight, it was kristain and tait who pussed out about the not prepared to fight nonsense
                      I am sorry, You were right Tait was the one that said that. Didn't mean to mix them up. But regardless, this is a chance of a lifetime, if they were the cream of the crop, Like Dana white says, they are a sad excuse. It's just like anything in life. If that is your dream dont quite, when youre about 3mins away from progressing closer to your dreams. I know it must be tough, but thats their life supposedly, so dont start bitching on live tv that your not ready. If that is the case, they shouldn't even be on the show.. As Tito said, with great sacfrice comes great rewards, that is true. Im not a fighter, Im not saying what they do is easy. But as I stated before, if yoru the cream of the crop, act like it, and show is. Grow some balls, and fight..

Comment

About doing that for Six weeks, that's nothing how about Playing football on a D-1 level and being away from for a year or more at a time. You adapt, If not, then you dont belong there...

Comment

o i def. agree with you on the chance of a lifetime, why would you quit with 3 minutes left.

i guess well never know how much the cracked rib hurt. but, i can only imagine cracking a rib and not being able to breath. its hard enough to fight at the anaerobic threshold, i imagine it would be even harder with a cracked rib restricting the contraction of the lung and diaphram.

football and mma are 2 completely different sports so theres no point to even compare them because they both have very similar and very dissimilar mental characteristics. ive played both, so i have a general idea of whats required.

lol

either way, i love to watch it!

Comment

I'm excited to see Bisping fight. He'll probably drop to MW and fight at 185. He should be a force in that division. If Haynes drops to 170 like he said he is hes gonna make for some intersting matchups as well. Herman could also do some damage at 170. I'm not real sure what to think about Grove, he shouldn't of won that fight though.

Tito's gonna stomp Ken. Ken got knocked the fuck out his last outing and thats been a while. He's still buff, but his game is washed up. Tito by GnP.

Arlovski vs. Sylvia 2 never should have been stopped. The ref stopped it immediately without even giving AA a chance to recover. You don't do that in a HW Championship fight or any championship fight for that matter. AA by submission.
                            + =

Comment

Anybody know if Fedors still hurt. I'm ready for Fedor vs Hunt.
                              + =

Comment

Working...
                              X