Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springer 08

My spring 08 training log.

will be using random supplements throughout the semester -- trying to avoid buying new ones when able, as I have a stash full at my parents house back home i need to use

I wll be using the following

orange triad or centrum (non training days)
    white flood (just ran out of ver2 -- duno if I will use or throw out my ver1 clumpy tub)
    GFH post
    optimum nutrition whey + oats
    GF -pro
    Xtend
    Purple wraath
    Green bulge / green magnitude / or Size-on (have all 3 at school w/me)
    white blood (prebed)

a little bit of k-r-ala to finish
    some lipo6 to finish, as well as Xpel (duno if ill ever use - might save for my buddies wedding int he upcoming months)
    Scivation NOxidant to finish
    caffeine pills
    yellow neuphoria if I feel urges to smoke cigerattes or marijuana (trying to stay cig free -going like 3/4month strong, close to breaking point- and significantly reduce my potheadness of late)

and most importantly; INTENSITY

will post more later- got a busy day day. going out to look at a house thats gettin remodeled my gf and I may move into in May, than have class from 4-10p

review of time up until now

I've been back in the gym for about 2 weeks now -- i think 4x each week. been doing my normal weight routine, did abs once or twice, haven't done any cardio.

I was going to go for some cardio this morning, but woek up extremely sore -- had a great back/shoulder workout yesterday morning, than sat in class for 6hours at night and cramped out/burned out mentally. woke up feelin sore and sluggish and decided to take the day off

I will be teaching 1 class this afternoon, showing them how to perform the five out of the six main exercises I grade (bench/squat/DL/military/curls)

Next week I will be doing an ABs class with each class -- 1x tues night, 1x wedn afternoon, and 1x thur afternoon -- gonna be intense on my personally. lol

I just ran out of WF ver 2 yesterday -- I have a clumpy/rancid smelling tub of ver1 but i am unsure if i will use it.. i guess ill wait til i can get it home to try and make it back to powder and see how it works out after that before i make a deicision to pitch it or not.

next week I plan on beginning the OT -- have been using centrum all winter break, and the past 2 weeks as Ive been getting back into it. I will also begin using white blood before bed, and PW or Xtend intra workout (not sure if my tub of PW is good or not -- it's very aged I believe..)

the GFH has been nice postworkout -- tastes great, and the serving recommendations is helping me drink more water post workout -- i've been doing 2scoops in about 30oz of water -- I fill the nutraplanet shaker max (25oz) cap it and poour more water in the drinking spout til its almost maxed out

most importantly, I feel good. Was getting bummed out and a little down on myself over winter break from no working out -- it always gets me when I'm away from the gym even if its only a week or so! Hopefully, come may when I move into the philly burbs more, I'll join a chain gym and be able to have access when I'm visiting my family, my gfs family, or just not able to get into the campus gym

finally -- i'm really beginning to look into getting certifications. I think NSCA is my top choice -- ACE/ACSM seem good to, but I like the sound of the NSCA -- can go PT and/or more of a sport specific training route. Got a guy in my classes, he's the temple football strength/conditioning coach, and he is certified through NSCA, sounded like a good deal after talking to him briefly in class last night. He also mentioned somethign about being told to get US Weightlifting certifications -- i googled it and couldnt find anything though

Comment

was pretty sore into saturday -- sunday it was gone.

tomorrow I will be starting w/ orange triad as my daily multi and beginning to use white blood before bed.

Comment

Sweet! Will be following along.

Comment

dude,s -- i'm sittin here drinkin my GFH -- 2scoops 30oz water, and man I feel great. awesome lift today. intensity through the roof. pumps were off the wall when I finished up. even feel tightness in my legs/calves and today was chest/arms!

I've decided to do this witht he organce triad -- 1 cap w/ am protein shake (2sccops + scoop of steel cut oat powder -- its me breakfeast) -- than i workout after my AM class -- w/ post workout shake Ill be taking 2 OT,s than 1 with my mid day lunch/whatever meal, and the last 2 OTs with dinner.

as for today, i sadly did not use white flood -- but for those interest, scivation vasocharge parallels it in taste/quality I believe. scored some samples of the stuff through nutraplanet (awesome site by the wya) and love it just as much as WF

workout today

for my bench -- interesting note -- i dont do any sets with my feet planted on the floor -- i always have them raised on to the edge of the bench -- and generally on the recovery sets/decline back to the start I raise them up off the bench into a leg raise type position

Bench -- i duno, like 12 sets total -- 10-15 rep each -- started at 135, built up to 2 sets of 225 ( peak set at 225 -- only 6 rep) -- declined back to 135
          DB Hammers - 1 set between every bench - 10 rep per arm w/ 30pd DB

Cable crossovers (i flex my calves/legs during these -- makes it more full body) weight = 30/30/30/40
          normal (straight up) - 4x10
          bent over - 4x10
          bent over w/ arms in front of face - 4x10

DB overhead tricep extension -- 4x10 ,, 50,60,65,70

W bar curls -- 60pd, 4x12
          DB wrist spin things -- 10pd -- 30sec between each curl set

INTENSE. as i said the pump = <3

later today I will b e doing an AB's class/circuit with my weight trianing course -- will roll through 5 exercises hitting the upper/lower/side/back of the core - 3x15 reps each ... should be fun! haha

ps: i feel great physically and psychologically -- i havent smoked cigs for near 6 months (generally the tippiing point in terms of psychological/neurological abstitince) and for the past 2 weeks I haven't really smoked any pot either.. last semester I was bad with the marijuana, i'd burn out every night while talking to my gf and playing madden... dont get me wrong, i still got all my work done (4.0 GPA) and lifted routinely, i just had a little problem developing. I knew i needed to address it, and have . this semester should be better -- 1 im out of the greens at the moment, and 2 my gf will be living with my from wend/thurs til sunday -- last fall i only saw her fri night - sund night usually. i think that had alot to do with it..
          Last edited by jiritt0; 01-28-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

new avatar -- i like it -- Temple Univ. T logo .. haha

just got done teaching my class -- did a dec ab circuit myself , could of been better, i had to demo each exercise than get the class started and watch em all ... we did 2 sets through 5 exercises targeting the full core
            Last edited by jiritt0; 01-28-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

did another ab circuit this morning with class #2 -- ran threw the same exercises as yesterday doing 3 sets of 12 each -- good pre-workout-warmup i guess

did that at thend of class, than i made my green mag + vasocharge drink and walked to the gym (across the block)

hit the legs, was pissed the sled was broken, really limited my workout. but i pushed hard and it was intense

squats - i think aprox. 10 sets of 10 -- peaked out at 245, one set of 10 with that than the next set i only got 5 or 6.. on the decline back towards 135 I was really fatiqued, only did like 3 at 225 and had to unrack 20 pounds to do another set of 10

smith calf raises - 4 x 12, with 15 sec static hold on last rep -- i think it was set on 120 pounds.. i duno, it was th eplate labeled 12 (im guessing their each 100pd)

lunges - 3x12 each leg w/ 25 pd DBs

took the WB before bed last night for the first time -- woke up feelin big. still feel good.

tonight I teach a 2 hr weight lifting claass (440-7) i duno what were/im gonan do.. possible begin w/ stretching, than let them lift for an hour, than we'll prolly do an ab circuit.. and i might introduce them to some plyometric work .. im really lost on this.. it was supposded to be tu/th 440-6, but i cant teach on thurs cos i have my own personal class, so the dept. told me to make it tues 440-7 (or so).. crazy, they cant lift all that time! gonna be interesting for them and me.

Comment

got my loadn monies deposited today --- bank account now stands at a lil over 10 grand... =)

it's a great feeling when you're rich. i got all that money, and all I need to get buy until May is food and rent.. plus i get a 1,400$ paycheck each month.. which covers that basically..

i celebrated my spring loans by spending 175$ on cologne, and another 50$ at amazon.com -- hoorah

Comment

just enough for my down payment on the new car - thanks JD - whata guy
                  A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

haha yea..my car = beat 2000 ford focus (only still running cause my brother is a mechanic)

i dropped my insurance to arond 200$ a year when I moved to philly too.. which is awesome.

Sometime after I graduate with my masters I hope to get a new automobile... unless I still live in the city and my focii runs (doubt it)

Comment

lmao @ focii

getting a new suv - sucking gas down like it's my job.

Only live once right?
                      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I'm on my second life...

Where have you been?

edit: just finished my night weight training class--- i've got an intense sweat going -- i was dripping bullets after demonstrating exercises and doing a core circuit .. luckily the initial week is over, and from here out ill only be demonstrating 1-2 exercises a class compared to the 5 ive done each first meeting. gonna do an abs circuit every tuesday night, wednesday afternoon, and thursday morning with the classes.. should be fun

yummy.. just bought a muscle milk mocha joe premade shake at 711 (oh thank heaven) on my way home from campus.. and a soft pretzel... tasty snacks

went amazon.com shopping more (i love the lightning deals and gold box specials)
                        Super Saver Discount -$8.74
                        Lightning Deal -$21.01
                        Total for this Order: $35.33

The Great Chicago-Style Pizza Cookbook
                        Keilen Italian Villa 3-Piece Deep Dish Pizza Pan Set
                        Pre: The Story of America's Greatest Running Legend, Steve Prefontaine

the pizza cookbook + pan set usually cost 45$.. that's what i'm talking bout.

-- was gonna buy true proteins flavor sample pack -- but for 2 of em to ship to central PA, the shipping cost is 11$ (the cost of one flavor sample itself) craziness.
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 01-29-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

shoulders & back today.. felt great. have a little stomach discomfort now, thumbs down. but overall i feel good.

gonna space out my orange triads even more -- postworkout will be th eonly time I take 2 ..other meals will only get 1

ran out of the vaso charge sampels today.. only left with a tub of clumpy WF ver1 that smells like a turd covered with burnt hair.. so uh, i'll prolly be lifting w/o stims for a little bit, which is cool. maybe in a week or 3 ill use the rest of my lipo6 bottle for preworkout kicks

workout was:

standing overhead str bar presses -- like 6 set of 10, top 3 were at 115pd
                          DB side raises - 6 set of 10 x 20pd i believe?

arnold presses -- 4x10 x 25/25/30/30
                          DB front raises - 4x10x15pd

lat pulldowns - 3x12 - 90/115/135

lawnmoawer rows - 3x12x55 pd

got a new thesis idea while i was drinking my pwo golden finish tooo.... elucidating the diff. between non-bodybuilders (general weight trainiing population), amateur bodybuilders, and professional bodybuilders w/ regards to muscle dysmorphia.... study entitled " Xpanding Bodybuilding dysmorphia "

(note: i will get massive money and free product from that company that makes Xpand.. i may also re-publish it called Xtending bodybuilding dysmorphia for scivation kicks)
                          Last edited by jiritt0; 01-30-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

no training today --- girlfriend drove to philly so I had to adjust schedule to let her in my house. been doin work all day, and will be in class from 4-10 tonight . yippy

chest + legs tomorrow . might be an altered schedule again, gf and I may go look at an apt in the am when i usually PUMP IRON. but my day is empty tomorrow -- teach one class from 240-330 that tis all!

Comment

quick lift today.

2 supersets of the following

15 x Bench + squats @ 135

12 x leg curls + DB curls @ 30 each

12 x cable tricep pushdowns + calf raises

than I did 4 circuits of them through w/ no rest between exercises..

not very strong, but rest was minimal so the workload felt tougher

Comment

Working...
                              X