Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make irish oats taste better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make irish oats taste better?

I have the steel cut irish oats and they tastes like

if anyone else eats them what do you do to make them taste decent??

i thought i was chewing recycled plastic shards.
    Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200 lb.s
    BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
    17% (8/2/06)
    Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Just swallow them whole

Comment

Ck out Dennis Leary's "Lock N' Load" CD. There's a section on there about Irish cuisine

Comment

Cinnamon, a little splenda and maybe a dash of vanilla or immitation vanilla is what I use. I actually like the taste of steel cut over regular oatmeal though.

If your daily caloric intake has room, try adding a sliced banana or take a tbsp of natty pb and microwave it for a few seconds and stir it in.

Comment

I love steel cut oats. How are you cooking them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mers
            Cinnamon, a little splenda and maybe a dash of vanilla or immitation vanilla is what I use. I actually like the taste of steel cut over regular oatmeal though.

If your daily caloric intake has room, try adding a sliced banana or take a tbsp of natty pb and microwave it for a few seconds and stir it in.
            rock, on i have a bananna around breakfast anyways so i'm gonna try that out

Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank
            I love steel cut oats. How are you cooking them?
            boil water, cook half hour........ swallow and gag
            Ht: 6'1"
            Wt: 200 lb.s
            BF: 20.4% (6/9/06)
            17% (8/2/06)
            Age 20

Disclaimer: The drunk posts of "Former_Fatkid" in no way represent the opinions of sober "Former_Fatkid", or any of his associates.

MY SUMMER OF HUGENESS BULK STACK LOG [ALMOST THE WHOLE CL STACK]
            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=766

Comment

I just chase them instantly with water, juice, milk, or shake

Comment

make a smoothie with oats, whey, fruit, yoghurt/milk, cinnamon, few ice cubes - optional nuts/pb = yummo!

Comment

ooo there not that bad. i look forward to eating my oats every morning. wash it down with a nice cold butter cream toffee protein shake, DAMN i love mornings!!!!!!!! favorite meal of the day!

Comment

Try a little brown sugar or honey.
                    Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                    Couples who squat together stay together.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                      make a smoothie with oats, whey, fruit, yoghurt/milk, cinnamon, few ice cubes - optional nuts/pb = yummo!
                      That's been my breakfast the past couple days.
                      2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
                      1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal
                      16oz water
                      1 banana
                      1 tbsp natty pb

I throw the whey and the oats in the blender first and hit grind, (so I'm not chewing my shake) then add the water and blend the rest. I don't bother with the ice as I usually make it the night before, right before I go to bed and put it in the fridge to grab it on my way out the door to work.

Comment

Mhm. Some buddy posted something on bb.com about how he just grinds them up and keeps them in a tin. That's what I'm doing right now, just keeping a few cups tucked away by my whey. It's the best, but doesn't help with the flavor. It's just a lil nutty, mang.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                          Mhm. Some buddy posted something on bb.com about how he just grinds them up and keeps them in a tin. That's what I'm doing right now, just keeping a few cups tucked away by my whey. It's the best, but doesn't help with the flavor. It's just a lil nutty, mang.
                          Kinda takes away the point of buying steel cut oats then though..

Comment

Uh ohh. How so, Lancer??

I'm eatin them for the health benefits like clean calories and fiber... chopping them up doesn't take anything away from the nutritional value, does it?? And flipping things around, not cooking them isn't bad either is it? All I know is that this is my first encounter with steel cut oats and I love them this way, say it ain't so!

Since last week when I first bought a couple kilos, I've yet to cook them lol

Comment

I think you misunderstood him.
                              Rolled oats are oats that have been flattened out.
                              Steel cut are not flattened (which explains the texture)

So by grinding them you would end up with the same product. But rolled oats would probably be cheaper if you are going to grind them.

Comment

Working...
                              X