Post here for TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post here for TBT

Total body training , full body workouts.

I love them! It's a very convienent way to hit all muscle groups multiple times per week. If you have a busy schedule, it's a good way to train IMO.

The only downfall of doing that is you have to train very hard to stimulate each muscle group sufficiently. That's why I love using White FLOOD + Green MAG pre workout, it really gives me a boost to get through a workout that has squats, bench and rows all in one.

Who else trains this way? Thoughts?

RR

It's also a great way to over train if done incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      It's also a great way to over train if done incorrectly.
      Sure, but 2-3 times a week done correctly can be very useful

Comment

It will work well up to a certain point

Comment

I used to use that method and had pretty good results but I found to pack on the mass I had to separate out the body parts. If your time is limited it works out very well.
          Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Here's a nice article about TBT vs. splits:
            http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1388191

And here's one outlining a TBT program:
            http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=508031
            Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-03-2007, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              It will work well up to a certain point
              I beleive TBT can work well for advanced trainees as well.

Comment

Depends on your goals..

you won't get great muscle size or strength, but you'll get a well rounded workout using up lots of energy

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  you won't get great muscle size or strength
                  I don't agree with that. Starr's 5x5 would be considered TBT, and that's a universally accepted program to build strength quick

Comment

eh, i'm thinking more from a physiological state, in that a full body workout will require more energy in general, therefore limiting the amount of output you are able to perform throughout the duration of the workout(s). so once you blast your chest, you'll be somewhat fatiqued and not be able to blast the rest of the workout as well.. this isn't as important if training specification exists, because once you complete the main exercises, you generally move on to more auxillary type movements, which require less energy expanditure due to a lack of compounded movements.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                      I don't agree with that. Starr's 5x5 would be considered TBT, and that's a universally accepted program to build strength quick
                      Exactly... good for the "weightlifter"

Comment

not your weekend warrior. (i dont even know what a weekend warrior is, but it sounds cool, and i want to be one.)

Comment

Working...
                        X