Starting TKD monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting TKD monday...

After a successful 2 months of a CKD in summer, and now 2 months of a "bulk"...I've decided to try TKD for a bit. I've gone from 235 at the beginning of June to 216-218 at the beginning of August, and now am at 226lbs. I'd say that 6-8 of the 10 that I've put on the last 6 weeks has been good, clean muscle. At least that's what the mirror tells me.
    From monday until Thanksgiving I'm going to try and TKD to see if I can keep up or slightly improve my strength while dropping down to 210 or so pounds.
    Macros I'm going to try and hit will be 2300/30/180/160 (c/p/f). I think I'm going to try 20 carbs pre and post and see what happens.
    Still just testing different things to see what I can do, and what I can't. I started at 265lbs last November and can see myself in this for the long haul...so a couple months of different diets and workouts keeps things fresh for me and keeps my interest level sky high.
    Supps will be OT, GM, WF, PW, wms for my pre and post carb source, BU and Inhibit-E, RA Gen 2, and some fish oil pills.
    Training is usually 5 days divided up as chest, legs, shoulders, arms, and back and cardio will just be 15 minutes on the treadmill 3 of those days immediately after lifting. Some weeks I'll have to combine shoulder day into chest and back when my nephew has 2 football games a week cause sunday is always an off day.
    If anybody has any thoughts or comments, let me know.
    I'm thinking that I might log this too, as long as I have the time to keep one up.

Originally posted by SICK WS 6
    Macros I'm going to try and hit will be 2300/30/180/160 (c/p/f). I think I'm going to try 20 carbs pre and post and see what happens.
    What were you averaging during the bulk ?

Comment

thought u meant tae kwon do

Comment

Tae Kwon Do...haha.

During the bulk I was averaging around 3600, but some days were as high as 4200. Looking at my spreadsheet, macros averaged around 425/300/80. There were about 10 days that I didn't get everything logged though, so those numbers are for what I had. It's rough when I find myself at football games twice a week running through pork chops and cheeseburgers.

I do know that this morning sucked. One mozzerella cheese stick and a protein shake consisting of one scoop of Isopure chocolate and 1 tbsp of natty peanut butter. This Red Acid needs to get here sooner than tonight cause I know these first few days are going to be rough.
        Last edited by SICK WS 6; 09-24-2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Tae Kwon Do...haha.

During the bulk I was averaging around 3600......I know these first few days are going to be rough.
          Maybe drop to 3000+ cardio and go from there...

Comment

How much cardio we talking about here, pu?
            Not sure if I like the thought of doing it after lifting at night if it's much more than 15 minutes on the treadmill.
            I'd get up early and do it in the AM, but my schedule and commute makes it really tough to stick to so I'd rather not "plan" it. If I can get it done that'd be great though!

Comment

How much cardio we talking about here, pu?
              Not sure if I like the thought of doing it after lifting at night if it's much more than 15 minutes on the treadmill.
              I'd get up early and do it in the AM, but my schedule and commute makes it really tough to stick to so I'd rather not "plan" it. If I can get it done that'd be great though!
              So you were thinking no cardio at all ?

Comment

Not split at a different time of the day from lifting, no.
                What I've been doing since I started last fall was 15 minutes on the treadmill immediately after I lift, sometimes 20 minutes depending on the eye candy that was in the immediate area.
                The last couple of months, though, I've stopped doing it. Was going to start again tonight.

Comment

Not split at a different time of the day from lifting, no.
                  What I've been doing since I started last fall was 15 minutes on the treadmill immediately after I lift, sometimes 20 minutes depending on the eye candy that was in the immediate area.
                  The last couple of months, though, I've stopped doing it. Was going to start again tonight.
                  Try and get 1 scoop Purple WRAATH in between the workout and cardio (let us know how that goes).

Comment

Last night was 2 scoops of PW in 32oz water, drank 3/4 of that while lifting and then the balance on the treadmill. Felt great the whole time.
                    Maybe I'll switch to 1 scoop in 32oz while lifting and have a second bottle with another scoop in 20oz when I do cardio?

Comment

Working...
                    X