PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drink Before Workout?

jingzhe
06-10-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm currently under MRI's NO2 and CE2 although i'm going to make the big switch to GB and WB. After reading all the ingredients that WB had, i was suprised that Ornithine was still produced... and in ethyl ester form. I can't wait till i start on them.

Oh yeah, about that question with energy drinks.. i drink a monster about 15-20min before my workout.. i was wondering.. would it affect the nitric oxide (WB) from working? because of it making my blood vessels bigger, caffeine... shrinks them? i was thinking about stacking the GB and WB in a manner that would work for me hopefully, after reading what other people wrote, i think 45min WB then 30min GB before workout would be perfect. So about that energy drink. GO? or NO GO? It worked when i was taking the MRI products but eh... it's time for a change. a bigger jump i should say.

Thanks.

storm shadow
06-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Drop the energy drinks preworkout, they are pretty unhealthy for you, gb and wb should supply you with enough energy, however if you want an extra kick int the arse and some BCAA/EAA as well then consider Purple Wraath, servings wise its cheaper than an energy drink.

jingzhe
06-10-2006, 03:12 PM
hm.. i'll take a look at that right now actually.. oh wait a second.. it looks like anator P70... i'm currently taking that as well right now, i can't wait to see the results in about 2 months. it's been a week, so 2 more months.. i'm going to purchase the GB/WB/PW next week. i was wondering.. is 1 SCOOP ENOUGH for a 200lb male 15-20 minutes before workout? or is that kinda flimsy..

storm shadow
06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
hm.. i'll take a look at that right now actually.. oh wait a second.. it looks like anator P70... i'm currently taking that as well right now, i can't wait to see the results in about 2 months. it's been a week, so 2 more months.. i'm going to purchase the GB/WB/PW next week. i was wondering.. is 1 SCOOP ENOUGH for a 200lb male 15-20 minutes before workout? or is that kinda flimsy..
Give 1scoop a try, if you don't really feel much then go with 2.

jiritt0
06-11-2006, 03:03 PM
use caffeine for preworkout energy. (about 200mg is good)
IMO

AMP is #1 (30-45min pre)
E/C a close 2nd (25mg/200mg - 60+min pre)
Thermal rage #3 (new version) (45+min pre)
and red acid #4 (30-45min)

-- based on my personal experience with each for preworkout energy

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 03:06 PM
what's AMP too.. i haven't heard of that one before. is it a drink from mountain dew or somethin...

jiritt0
06-11-2006, 03:19 PM
no. energy drinks are pathetic. stop buying htem and save yourself some money.
heres links for you to investigate buddy

- I would go with AMP and/or just str caffeine pills they'll both get the job done nicely.
I find AMP is great for studying as well (if your a student). gives energy to stay up late and focus on the task

ErgoPharms AMP

- 45 seving for 30$ (140mg caffeine + other goodies)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/amp.html

Higher Power Caffeine

- 100 servings for 5$ (200mg caffeine)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/caf.html

other good preworkout energy products (these contain other addins like creatine, Nitric precusors etc)

BSN NOxplode

-40 servings 40$ (kind of overpriced, most people like) [ive never tried]

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

VPX Redline

-48 sevings 30$
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/red.html

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 03:33 PM
AMP says to not take it 3 times per week, i work out 5 times per week, on legs, i don't really take caffeine. someone said to buy purple wraath and drink that as a preworkout drink like.. 15~20 min before workout. i might do that but from looking at purple wraath, i see that the l-leucine and such gives energy but is it enough?
............. i just read the site.. you can use it everyday..

Mr. Aries
06-11-2006, 03:40 PM
AMP says to not take it 3 times per week, i work out 5 times per week, on legs, i don't really take caffeine. someone said to buy purple wraath and drink that as a preworkout drink like.. 15~20 min before workout. i might do that but from looking at purple wraath, i see that the l-leucine and such gives energy but is it enough?

i take only 1 scoop of PW 10 minutes before working out along with creatine... Sometimes, if it's handy, i also take ALCAR.. if you need some energy, give pw/alcar/caffeine a shot.

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 03:49 PM
i take only 1 scoop of PW 10 minutes before working out along with creatine... Sometimes, if it's handy, i also take ALCAR.. if you need some energy, give pw/alcar/caffeine a shot.

ALCAR, i'll have to take a look into that. currently, just MRI shit for now.. i can't wait to get on the GB/WB/PW next month, i'm purchasing 4 months worth hah. about to sell all the MRI shit i got. i'm also looking at amped, it sounds pretty intriguing. i'll have to study a bit more.

(hei long jiang) Black Dragon Lake, Beijing, China. THERE'S SNOW I THINK

jiritt0
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
yea, Patrick Arnold said not to use AMP repeatively to keep its benefits strong just because he wasnt sure about a tolerance being built up and all.. he stated awhile ago that you can ignore that, and AMP can even be used numerous times a day like a normal fat burning product would (red acid, lipo6, thermal rage, etc etc etc).

pw+alcar+caffeine = :2 thumbs: :exactly:

from my experience;

purple wraath, xtend, leucine, [aminos in general] will give you the energy to push your body thro the weights and increase repetitions/sets more easily during the workout. as well as increase growth and recovery

Caffeine will give you that stimulant rush and mental push to want to do it on the rough days, and on the good days it'll make you even more 'amped' to get in there and man handle the weights

Mr. Aries
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
ALCAR, i'll have to take a look into that. currently, just MRI shit for now.. i can't wait to get on the GB/WB/PW next month, i'm purchasing 4 months worth hah. about to sell all the MRI shit i got. i'm also looking at amped, it sounds pretty intriguing. i'll have to study a bit more.

(hei long jiang) Black Dragon Lake, Beijing, China. THERE'S SNOW I THINK

you are from close to my homeland bro... nice to see a bodybuilder from there.. I was born in 1981 in Beijing, China, and most of my family members still live over there..

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 03:53 PM
you are from close to my homeland bro... nice to see a bodybuilder from there.. I was born in 1981 in Beijing, China, and most of my family members still live over there..

yeah, my dad moved to hawaii for school on a student visa then got a permanent resident authentication. My mom and I came when i was 3 so yeah, i don't remember much from back home, i was too young. :\ now i'm all naturalized and shit. i fucking hated it when people called me FOB (Fresh of the Boat) in high school and dissed on me because i had a Green Card. i was around 220lbs, 38" waist back then. hated that shit and hated tolerating fucking idiots. they don't say shit now... maybe because i'm 20. i don't know :\

Mr. Aries
06-11-2006, 03:57 PM
yeah, my dad moved to hawaii for school on a student visa then got a permanent resident authentication. My mom and I came when i was 3 so yeah, i don't remember much from back home, i was too young. :\ now i'm all naturalized and shit. i fucking hated it when people called me FOB (Fresh of the Boat) in high school and dissed on me because i had a Green Card. i was around 220lbs, 38" waist back then. hated that shit and hated tolerating fucking idiots. they don't say shit now... maybe because i'm 20. i don't know :\

so u live in hawaii right now bro?

Mr. Aries
06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
i remember the FOB jokes back then too, hahahhaa..

I'm actually more white than most white people :D :D :D

well, now I hardly know any asian people, and it's just fine with me.. hehe.. hanging out with the snow bunnies has been wonderful :D

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 04:00 PM
so u live in hawaii right now bro?

Yeah, currently i'm attending the university of hawaii. i've lived here since 3 so.. it's alright i guess.. but when you have nothing to do anymore, weights is the best hobby you'll ever have in your entire life. i'm sure you know it too. finally, chinese people that ain't like sticks. break through that stage and get Fucking RIPPED..

ddawg91
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Have not added in the caffeine yet but PW and ALCAR are great preworkout energy supplements. The energy drinks are crap and usually cause you to crash later on into the workout. Go more healty you will have better workouts and results.

Controlled Labs
06-11-2006, 07:05 PM
i remember the FOB jokes back then too, hahahhaa..

I'm actually more white than most white people :D :D :D

well, now I hardly know any asian people, and it's just fine with me.. hehe.. hanging out with the snow bunnies has been wonderful :D
dont deny your roots man. :AngryFinger: be proud of who you are and your heritage :2 thumbs:

jingzhe
06-11-2006, 08:43 PM
dont deny your roots man. :AngryFinger: be proud of who you are and your heritage :2 thumbs:

easy white chocolate... we all turn black sometime... >:D

Mr. Aries
06-11-2006, 08:49 PM

I am very proud of who I am as a person.. And i've forgotten nothing.

my heritage is my personal history, not the history of asians.

Controlled Labs
06-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I am very proud of who I am as a person.. And i've forgotten nothing.

my heritage is my personal history, not the history of asians.
cool, lets :rave:

macuto
06-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Have not added in the caffeine yet but PW and ALCAR are great preworkout energy supplements. The energy drinks are crap and usually cause you to crash later on into the workout. Go more healty you will have better workouts and results.
Whats your favorite ALCAR brand?

ddawg91
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Whats your favorite ALCAR brand?

It depends, Now for caps and BN for bulk powder.

jingzhe
06-14-2006, 10:14 PM
hey john, how would i take the ALCAR and caffeine with the GB/WB/PW stack i'm going to do?

this is what i'm thinking....

45min, WB
30min, GB
15min, PW

er... where does the caffeine and ALCAR come in :P

Thanks.

p.s. Okay, so it doesn't have to be john to answer the question, but can any of you other whities answer me? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

jiritt0
06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
45min WB
30min GB + Caffieine
15min PW + ALCAR

try that, and if the caffeine kicks in quicker, take it closer to workout (if longer, take it longer from workout)

Mr. Aries
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
you can take all that stuff together 30 minutes before working out.. None of it has any calories and should not affect absorption...

I ain't gonna sit there 45 minutes before my workout with a freaking timer in my hands :D

jingzhe
06-15-2006, 06:40 PM
ok, i'll try that. all at once.. that's a lot of pills but then again, not as much as i used to take with A-AKG...