Energy Drink Before Workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Drink Before Workout?

I'm currently under MRI's NO2 and CE2 although i'm going to make the big switch to GB and WB. After reading all the ingredients that WB had, i was suprised that Ornithine was still produced... and in ethyl ester form. I can't wait till i start on them.

Oh yeah, about that question with energy drinks.. i drink a monster about 15-20min before my workout.. i was wondering.. would it affect the nitric oxide (WB) from working? because of it making my blood vessels bigger, caffeine... shrinks them? i was thinking about stacking the GB and WB in a manner that would work for me hopefully, after reading what other people wrote, i think 45min WB then 30min GB before workout would be perfect. So about that energy drink. GO? or NO GO? It worked when i was taking the MRI products but eh... it's time for a change. a bigger jump i should say.

Thanks.

Drop the energy drinks preworkout, they are pretty unhealthy for you, gb and wb should supply you with enough energy, however if you want an extra kick int the arse and some BCAA/EAA as well then consider Purple Wraath, servings wise its cheaper than an energy drink.
    -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
    -Jack Bauer

Comment

hm.. i'll take a look at that right now actually.. oh wait a second.. it looks like anator P70... i'm currently taking that as well right now, i can't wait to see the results in about 2 months. it's been a week, so 2 more months.. i'm going to purchase the GB/WB/PW next week. i was wondering.. is 1 SCOOP ENOUGH for a 200lb male 15-20 minutes before workout? or is that kinda flimsy..
      Last edited by jingzhe; 06-10-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jingzhe
        hm.. i'll take a look at that right now actually.. oh wait a second.. it looks like anator P70... i'm currently taking that as well right now, i can't wait to see the results in about 2 months. it's been a week, so 2 more months.. i'm going to purchase the GB/WB/PW next week. i was wondering.. is 1 SCOOP ENOUGH for a 200lb male 15-20 minutes before workout? or is that kinda flimsy..
        Give 1scoop a try, if you don't really feel much then go with 2.
        -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
        -Jack Bauer

Comment

use caffeine for preworkout energy. (about 200mg is good)
          IMO

AMP is #1 (30-45min pre)
          E/C a close 2nd (25mg/200mg - 60+min pre)
          Thermal rage #3 (new version) (45+min pre)
          and red acid #4 (30-45min)

-- based on my personal experience with each for preworkout energy
          Last edited by jiritt0; 06-11-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

what's AMP too.. i haven't heard of that one before. is it a drink from mountain dew or somethin...

Comment

no. energy drinks are pathetic. stop buying htem and save yourself some money.
              heres links for you to investigate buddy

- I would go with AMP and/or just str caffeine pills they'll both get the job done nicely.
              I find AMP is great for studying as well (if your a student). gives energy to stay up late and focus on the task

ErgoPharms AMP

- 45 seving for 30$ (140mg caffeine + other goodies)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/amp.html

Higher Power Caffeine

- 100 servings for 5$ (200mg caffeine)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/caf.html

other good preworkout energy products (these contain other addins like creatine, Nitric precusors etc)

BSN NOxplode

-40 servings 40$ (kind of overpriced, most people like) [ive never tried]

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

VPX Redline

-48 sevings 30$
              http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/red.html
              Last edited by jiritt0; 06-11-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

AMP says to not take it 3 times per week, i work out 5 times per week, on legs, i don't really take caffeine. someone said to buy purple wraath and drink that as a preworkout drink like.. 15~20 min before workout. i might do that but from looking at purple wraath, i see that the l-leucine and such gives energy but is it enough?
                ............. i just read the site.. you can use it everyday..
                Last edited by jingzhe; 06-11-2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

AMP says to not take it 3 times per week, i work out 5 times per week, on legs, i don't really take caffeine. someone said to buy purple wraath and drink that as a preworkout drink like.. 15~20 min before workout. i might do that but from looking at purple wraath, i see that the l-leucine and such gives energy but is it enough?

i take only 1 scoop of PW 10 minutes before working out along with creatine... Sometimes, if it's handy, i also take ALCAR.. if you need some energy, give pw/alcar/caffeine a shot.
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    i take only 1 scoop of PW 10 minutes before working out along with creatine... Sometimes, if it's handy, i also take ALCAR.. if you need some energy, give pw/alcar/caffeine a shot.
                    ALCAR, i'll have to take a look into that. currently, just MRI shit for now.. i can't wait to get on the GB/WB/PW next month, i'm purchasing 4 months worth hah. about to sell all the MRI shit i got. i'm also looking at amped, it sounds pretty intriguing. i'll have to study a bit more.

(hei long jiang) Black Dragon Lake, Beijing, China. THERE'S SNOW I THINK

Comment

yea, Patrick Arnold said not to use AMP repeatively to keep its benefits strong just because he wasnt sure about a tolerance being built up and all.. he stated awhile ago that you can ignore that, and AMP can even be used numerous times a day like a normal fat burning product would (red acid, lipo6, thermal rage, etc etc etc).

pw+alcar+caffeine =

from my experience;

purple wraath, xtend, leucine, [aminos in general] will give you the energy to push your body thro the weights and increase repetitions/sets more easily during the workout. as well as increase growth and recovery

Caffeine will give you that stimulant rush and mental push to want to do it on the rough days, and on the good days it'll make you even more 'amped' to get in there and man handle the weights
                      Last edited by jiritt0; 06-11-2006, 03:53 PM.

Comment

ALCAR, i'll have to take a look into that. currently, just MRI shit for now.. i can't wait to get on the GB/WB/PW next month, i'm purchasing 4 months worth hah. about to sell all the MRI shit i got. i'm also looking at amped, it sounds pretty intriguing. i'll have to study a bit more.

(hei long jiang) Black Dragon Lake, Beijing, China. THERE'S SNOW I THINK

you are from close to my homeland bro... nice to see a bodybuilder from there.. I was born in 1981 in Beijing, China, and most of my family members still live over there..
                        www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                          you are from close to my homeland bro... nice to see a bodybuilder from there.. I was born in 1981 in Beijing, China, and most of my family members still live over there..
                          yeah, my dad moved to hawaii for school on a student visa then got a permanent resident authentication. My mom and I came when i was 3 so yeah, i don't remember much from back home, i was too young. :\ now i'm all naturalized and shit. i fucking hated it when people called me FOB (Fresh of the Boat) in high school and dissed on me because i had a Green Card. i was around 220lbs, 38" waist back then. hated that shit and hated tolerating fucking idiots. they don't say shit now... maybe because i'm 20. i don't know :\
                          Last edited by jingzhe; 06-11-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

yeah, my dad moved to hawaii for school on a student visa then got a permanent resident authentication. My mom and I came when i was 3 so yeah, i don't remember much from back home, i was too young. :\ now i'm all naturalized and shit. i fucking hated it when people called me FOB (Fresh of the Boat) in high school and dissed on me because i had a Green Card. i was around 220lbs, 38" waist back then. hated that shit and hated tolerating fucking idiots. they don't say shit now... maybe because i'm 20. i don't know :\

so u live in hawaii right now bro?
                            www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

i remember the FOB jokes back then too, hahahhaa..

I'm actually more white than most white people

well, now I hardly know any asian people, and it's just fine with me.. hehe.. hanging out with the snow bunnies has been wonderful
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                              X