Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running 20 miles tomorrow, what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running 20 miles tomorrow, what should i do?

im participating in a relay for life tomorrow and got suckered into running 20 miles for the cure. i am carbo loading tonight, and luckily i wont have to run the 20 all at the same time, im gonna break it up into 4 smaller 5 miles (which i do on a normal basis)

so, in addition to the carbo load, how should i figure out my nutrition tomorrow, and do you think it would eb a good idea to bring my purple wraath for the long haul? (im going to be at the event from 9-5)

Personally I would eat what you normally eat when you run your 5 miles. You can try some new items and it MAY work and help you alittle or it could back fire and be a desastor. BTW you probably already know this but next time try it in practice before doing it for real but it isn't a race so no biggie.

CROWLER
    President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
    www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

i usually do PW before I run , i was just wondering if i should have more before each subsequent 5 mile spurt. my normal nutrition is going to be tough because i dont have access to the same things there. i know there gonna have shitty food there, but im a clean eater, id rather drink protein shakes all day then eat the crap that will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
        im participating in a relay for life tomorrow and got suckered into running 20 miles for the cure. i am carbo loading tonight, and luckily i wont have to run the 20 all at the same time, im gonna break it up into 4 smaller 5 miles (which i do on a normal basis)

so, in addition to the carbo load, how should i figure out my nutrition tomorrow, and do you think it would eb a good idea to bring my purple wraath for the long haul? (im going to be at the event from 9-5)
        I would be interested in how PW helps. I had a few triathlon friends try it but they were taking other stuff too so not sure how it helped them.

Comment

PW will certainly help... not sure if it will "20 miles help" ... but it will help

100mg Caffeine before each 4 miles will also help as long as you stay hydrated.... 100mg at a time to avoid nausea etc...

Comment

You probably should drink a little more PW than you usually do. And get a couple bags of ice and bring a big cooler, put your usual food in there. It will stay fine for just 10 hours even if it is 90 + degrees.

No reason to change what you are used to. Me I would be gubbing on the junk food and then really regret it lol
            President

Comment

Originally posted by CROWLER
              Me I would be gubbing on the junk food and then really regret it lol
              Who wouldn't?

Jdub

Comment

o i wish i could go back to eating junk food. ive been eating ridiculously clean for almost the past year, and now whenever i attempt to eat anything even remotely bad or greasy or what not, i tend to throw up and get the shits. it might be mental, but either way, im kind of glad im like that lol

Comment

for the record i ate a pound and 1/2 of ground turkey, about 3 cups of whole wheat pasta, and 1 cup of oatmeal

it was glorious

Comment

for the record i ate a pound and 1/2 of ground turkey, about 3 cups of whole wheat pasta, and 1 cup of oatmeal

it was glorious

1/2 of a ground turkey??!! that's insane!!!
                    jdouchebag for president

Comment

o i wish i could go back to eating junk food. ive been eating ridiculously clean for almost the past year, and now whenever i attempt to eat anything even remotely bad or greasy or what not, i tend to throw up and get the shits. it might be mental, but either way, im kind of glad im like that lol
                      I am with you on that one you should be glad, nice going.
                      President

Comment

strester, maybe u read that wrong but i said a pound and half- meaning 1.5 pounds. maybe i shoulda just wrote the number

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                          1/2 of a ground turkey??!!
                          That's what I call... a good start

Comment

UPDATE

did it today, joints a little stiff (thanks xfactor :-( )

other than that feel great. for EXTREMELY high endurance, PW works wonders. i never felt tired nor really that fatigued. also, the PW helped surpress my appetite somewhat.

i burned about 2400 calories. wow.

Comment

UPDATE

did it today, joints a little stiff (thanks xfactor :-( )

other than that feel great. for EXTREMELY high endurance, PW works wonders. i never felt tired nor really that fatigued. also, the PW helped surpress my appetite somewhat.

i burned about 2400 calories. wow.
                              Glad to hear you managed it, I knew you would. I personally plan on using the same type of plan for a 5k I have to run in August.. minding you that I've NEVER ran more than a mile.. hehe.
                              Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                              X