Do you go to the safety on Leg Press?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you go to the safety on Leg Press?

I never see anyone go to the safety on leg pressing. They always go like 3-5" lower and than push it back up. Its like some tard that was trying to leg press 1200lbs and moving it down 3"

yeah, I have to go past it- I have short legs

Comment

Safety? Ours just has the pegs that holds the sled up (2 settings) and that's it, once you mover the bar to release the sled you go all the way down. Well you are suppose to anyways.

Comment

The ROM on the safety bars on my leg press sled has my quads still about an inch from touching my chest, so I personally don't use the safety, go quads to chest or nothing..

I did once do safety bars for 1200@6 reps, just to prove a point to some old geezers.
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Safety? Ours just has the pegs that holds the sled up (2 settings) and that's it, once you mover the bar to release the sled you go all the way down. Well you are suppose to anyways.
          mine is the same as that

Comment

i bring the weight as low as possible.. til it feel slike its putting too much stress on my knees (which usually never happens cos im 21)

I squat below parallel at low weights too... and some trainer at LA Fitness once had the nerve to tell me that was improper form, while i was discussing it with my lifting partner and just saying i like the strecth/range and all...

so i was like 'ok, look i do it when the weight is easy ya kno under 175 when i throw on more i only go parallel and no sir i dont do those popular 1/2 squats people seem to love i use proper ROM im not a dbag' than i procedded to leave the locker room before he responded. i might of even told him sometime about not giving advice to people that arent paying for his training, especially if its not requested.. cos im a dickhead like that osmetimes.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              The ROM on the safety bars on my leg press sled has my quads still about an inch from touching my chest, so I personally don't use the safety, go quads to chest or nothing..

I did once do safety bars for 1200@6 reps, just to prove a point to some old geezers.
              What type of leg press is it? Im doubting the 1200pounds

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                What type of leg press is it? Im doubting the 1200pounds

Like that, and doubt away bro to the safeties is a VERY limited ROM.. compounded by the fact that my body used to lug around 400+ LBS daily.. *shrug* Quads to chest I could NEVER push 1200lbs, but to the safeties, yep.
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Like that, and doubt away bro to the safeties is a VERY limited ROM.. compounded by the fact that my body used to lug around 400+ LBS daily.. *shrug* Quads to chest I could NEVER push 1200lbs, but to the safeties, yep.
                  Oh when I mean safety I mean to the point where the bar wont go any lower my knees are digging into my chest pretty hard
                  I also do more than 45degrees probobaly around 60-75degrees back so I can all the way down to where the machine stops
                  Last edited by LancerV; 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Oh when I mean safety I mean to the point where the bar wont go any lower my knees are digging into my chest pretty hard
                    Ah, I meant to the safety bars (ie the starting position), 1200lbs from there I can do :P

Going full ROM I can push about 720x6 right now, will be trying for more next week though.
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Ah, I meant to the safety bars (ie the starting position), 1200lbs from there I can do :P

Going full ROM I can push about 720x6 right now, will be trying for more next week though.
                      Do more than 45degrees it activates the glutes more

Comment

Do more than 45degrees it activates the glutes more
                        The back position on ours is lower than that one, but it is also stuck in place. I wish we could lower it more..

I also make use of higher foot placement to hit the glutes/hams better.
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

The back position on ours is lower than that one, but it is also stuck in place. I wish we could lower it more..

I also make use of higher foot placement to hit the glutes/hams better.
                          The one at my gym appears to be closer to the floor as well.

I have midget legs! I also go all the way knees to chest. Not 1200lb though lmao more like 240 ish for me.
                          What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

I go all the way down, knees to my armpits with a wide footing and knees to chest for my narrow footing,also i angle my footing to hit the different muscles toes pointed out,toes at a neutral position, heels pointed out, my squats are the same, full sumo as far down as i can go pause at the bottom explode up!
                            Last edited by trizz; 06-10-2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

i go all the way down til it touches the bottom which is the sticky point. It doesnt squash me when its that low but knees touch my legs i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X