First Time Cut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Cut.

Hey guys, I'm wondering what the key ingredients are to a good cut. I've been bulking for the past 4 months and looking to drop about 20 lbs now.

A sample day for me would be....

7:30am - 2 packets of oatmeal, 2 scoops Whey Isolate, 1 scoop Muscle Milk

10:00am - 2 scoops Whey Isolate, 1 scoop Muscle Milk, 1 banana

12:30pm - Bowl of pasta, 1 lb chicken breast, 1 Apple

3:00pm - 2 scoops Whey Isolate, 1 scoop Muscle Milk, 1 banana

5:30pm - 2 hamburgers (8oz 93% lean beef), 1 Pear

8:00pm - 2 scoops Whey Isolate, 1 scoop Muscle Milk, 1 banana

10:30pm - 2 scoops Whey Isolate, 1 scoop Muscle Milk

12:30pm - 2 scoops Muscle Milk

I'm currently taking... GM, GG, PW, Xtend, OT

6 scoops of Muscle Milk everyday might put a kaibosh on the cut. What is your daily caloric goals? Then divide into percentages for prot./carbs/fat. Some recommend 40/30/20. When cutting I like 50/40/10. Prebed use Cottage Cheese if ya like it. Awesome source of ssslllllooooowwww absorbing protein. Use the skim milk version for no fat and minimal carbs. Eat as much solid food as possible. Whey is quickly absorbed and digested. If because of time restraints divide each dose of protein. I like 1 can tuna/chicken + 1 scoop whey.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Here's what I'm thinking I'll do. I was previously bulking with around 4k calories a day. I'll cut that down to 3k-3500 with a 50% protein/40% fat/10% carb and with days of heavy workouts I'll up the carbs a bit. I agree though, I'll have to start eating more whole foods... cuz I'm so hungry thoughout the day just drinking these shakes.

Comment

How much do you weigh? I don't think you really need 3 bananas every day.

Comment

I currently weigh 190, cutting down to 170.

Comment

Well I am kind of in the same boat, I was at 192 and cutting down (currently 178) and I eat about 2500 calories, 3500 seems a bit much, just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman
              Well I am kind of in the same boat, I was at 192 and cutting down (currently 178) and I eat about 2500 calories, 3500 seems a bit much, just my opinion though.
              Seems high but we don't know what his activity level is.

ISneakySneaky what is your activity level like?

Comment

Wowzers... that's alot of shakes (and I LOVE my protein shakes)

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman
                  True that 3500 seems high, but if they just roll that back to 3000 the following week, 2750ish the next and 2500 in the 3rd-4th week, a good cut should be seen while keeping your body content. Going from 4000 to 2500 right away leaves no room to tweak.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                  US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    Wowzers... that's alot of shakes (and I LOVE my protein shakes)
                    Oh yes, But not the MM shakes. ON ALL the way for me!!! (Lower cal and just as much if not more protein!!)

Though MM would be good when I bulk.....

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Working...