MAX OT or HST... which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX OT or HST... which one?

Ok, I'm going to be switching up the workout here shortly. I was planning to do HST, but read up on MAX OT today and liked what I read, plus I'm a bigger fan of a 5 day lifting plan as opposed to a three day plan, mostly because it's my stress relief here from working 12 hrs a day every day. I'm currently trying to cut some body fat, but am happy with my progress currently and wouldn't mind gaining some more strength/LbM. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with either method...

To me, it matters very little what method of training is used, as long as it's hard and heavy.
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
      Ok, I'm going to be switching up the workout here shortly. I was planning to do HST, but read up on MAX OT today and liked what I read, plus I'm a bigger fan of a 5 day lifting plan as opposed to a three day plan, mostly because it's my stress relief here from working 12 hrs a day every day. I'm currently trying to cut some body fat, but am happy with my progress currently and wouldn't mind gaining some more strength/LbM. Any input is greatly appreciated.
      Can't go wrong with either one.. what's your short term goal / long term goal ?

What are you currently doing ?

Comment

I personally prefer max-ot over hst. I dont like training bodyparts more than once a week. I also like doing heavy weight and low reps. Also with max-ot workouts are pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by jmdfd415
          I personally prefer max-ot over hst. I dont like training bodyparts more than once a week. I also like doing heavy weight and low reps. Also with max-ot workouts are pretty quick.
          You go lower on HST over time

Comment

Max-OT is designed to gain strength, HST is designed to gain size. You will gain both size and strength with either method just each method is better at one than the other.

Hope that makes sense

Comment

i had luck with both more size on max ot i think
              and i kinda got bored of hst by the end of the nine weeks

i think they are both solid programs
              Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by adoniscomplex
                ...i think they are both solid programs
                Agreed.. HST *should* be slightly better during a recomp.. but results will vary.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm going to try the Max OT because I prefer a 5 day split instead of 3 days since I have nothing to do but work and workout over here! I think I'll give the HST a shot when I get back to Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                    Agreed.. HST *should* be slightly better during a recomp.. but results will vary.
                    im on week 5 of my HST routine and week 3 of taking GB,WB,GG and i have noticed significant improvements in size

Comment

Working...
                    X